Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Just stayed at Del Sol

Thumbs up Just stayed at Del Sol

I know the Del Sol has had many mixed reviews and many people had their experience before it was remodeled. We decided to take a chance on it for our trip June 15-21 because of the remodel and it had the best price. I have to say that we were very pleased with it. The carpet was clean. I know that was a big deal for a few people. The beds were decent. I am very picky and have a hard time sleeping on a hard bed. I didn't have a problem with these. They aren't like Carousel Inn but they weren't as hard as Tropicanna either. The towels were clean. We didn't have a problem with hearing other people. We could hear footsteps above us but not really bad and we couldn't hear anyone talking. We did have an issue the first night. Our 21 month old decided he didn't want to sleep in his pack and play and decided to scream at the top of his lungs. We decided to give him a few minutes to see if he would settle down because he sleeps so good at home, but he didn't. We got a call from the front desk right after I said that someone was going to complain or think we were hurting him. We didn't let that happen again. We liked the pool area. It looked like it had been recently remodeled too and was a good size for a small motel. The only real negative was the continental breakfast. They didn't have much but I planned for that and brought frozen breakfast "corn dogs" and sandwiches because I don't like sweet breakfast. I always have DH get me milk. The first couple of days it was fine. The next day I thought it was a little off but wasn't quite sure. The next day it was bad. DH went and told them and they changed it so he brought me some of the new stuff. It was even worse. He went back and there were a bunch of people telling them it was bad. The next day it was still bad. It was a bummer because we planned on that milk for our baby. We had to buy it at DL after that which was a little pricey but oh, well. We also liked how big the room was. We had the one with 2 Queens and a bunk bed. We had plenty of room. The bunk beds are small though and made for kids, not teenagers. They worked for us though. It also had a nice tv. My sister also liked it. The hotel was good to them. Their Landcruiser died after they got to Anaheim and they had to have it shipped back to AZ and rent a car to drive home. It wasn't able to be picked up until Tues afternoon and they left on Sun. Del Sol allowed them to leave it there and just pay the daily rate. With how tight their parking is I thought they'd say no way but they didn't. We also were able to park there and not at the overflow, even after we left and came back on Sun. It's not anything fancy but it's clean, has big rooms and a great location. I'd go back and recommend it to others.

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

Thanks for the update. I alsways felt the Del Sol was in a great location with decent rates.

I thank you for the update too !
    We have 4 rooms booked for a family vacation the first week of August.

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I'm so glad it worked out for you, because I had been curious! I'm sorry about the milk situation though...neither one of us drinks it so I had no experience with it. For what it's worth, the Desert Inn has a small mini-mart next door that might have sold milk? I know they have bottled water, and it's slightly cheaper than the parks at least (for times a workaround is needed!). We go back in late August!

And how awful about your sister's vehicle! At least the motel was sympathetic and let her continue to park there!

Now...I'll be looking for your trip report!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post

Now...I'll be looking for your trip report!
    I do need to do that still .