Thread: More Mouse: Cars Land Test Drive: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Cars Land Test Drive: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Cars Land Test Drive: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Swing dance with Mater in this surprisingly charming new ride

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thanks for the great article. I've been eagerly awaiting a review of MJJ. I've been hoping that it might be the same experience DH and I had with Francis' Ladybug Boogie. DH and I decided on a whim to try every ride in Bugsland even though they seemed rather tame for us. While on FLB, we heard the CM say that you could make Francis spin by leaning towards the door. Well, we gave that a try and wow! It's just like you quoted in your article, "a stupid good time". Now we always ride FLB and it's one of our favorites.
    Is MJJ the same? It seems so. Should we lean to make it swerve faster? Did you try that when you rode it?

GnP

I was surprised by how much fun this ride is! A total blast! My wife and I rode it and we both felt like little kids. Dare I say it is more fun than Luigi's with a much shorter line? I think I just did.

My teenage son however, made a disturbing point about this ride. If all the cars are alive in Cars Land, and Mater has a yard full of "body" parts, doesn't that call his character and mental state into doubt? Teenagers!

I'm glad to hear adults have been riding this sans children. I thought it was only for kids like the Bug's Life attractions. Now my boyfriend and I won't feel like weirdos/pervs.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Believe me when I say you will see adults with and without kids on this attraction. We went with a group of 10, of those only 4 were kids and every one of us went again and again. I think people underestimate the fun level of this ride and that works for me since it means the lines won't be crazy long!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

There was a lot of hysterical laughter for us. Loved this ride!

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

I'm glad I rode this ride. I was really surprised how fun it was. I didn't realize at first that we would be progressing throughout the whole platform. It was surprisingly fun.

Danie

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Will the movement be bad for someone prone to motion sickness and won't ride the tea cups?

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I won't ride tea cups and I rode this attraction a total of 3 times on our first visit and 2x on our second. It does have a swing motion and goes in a circular motion but not spinning motion like the tea cups. I get motion sickness on the tea cups and Star tours and rode this with no problem at all. I know someone else that got a bit of motion sickness from Lugis flying tires tho so heads up on that one.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Will the movement be bad for someone prone to motion sickness and won't ride the tea cups?
    I don't get terribly nauseous on the teacups but enough so that it isn't a fun ride for me. I also occasionally get a moment of nausea from the Tower of Terror (?).

This ride was no problem for me; the motion was very different. There is a bit of sliding from side to side that's like jostling. You might get a bump (worth it!) but I don't think I saw or heard of anyone who had a problem with nausea.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    I don't get terribly nauseous on the teacups but enough so that it isn't a fun ride for me. I also occasionally get a moment of nausea from the Tower of Terror (?).

This ride was no problem for me; the motion was very different. There is a bit of sliding from side to side that's like jostling. You might get a bump (worth it!) but I don't think I saw or heard of anyone who had a problem with nausea.
    Thanks Bennette! Neither my hubby or me can handle tea cups, so I was hoping we could tolerate this ride...looking forward to it!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    I won't ride tea cups and I rode this attraction a total of 3 times on our first visit and 2x on our second. It does have a swing motion and goes in a circular motion but not spinning motion like the tea cups. I get motion sickness on the tea cups and Star tours and rode this with no problem at all. I know someone else that got a bit of motion sickness from Lugis flying tires tho so heads up on that one.
    Thanks...I think I will just suggest that hubby take his ginger pills to be on the safe side!
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Thanks...I think I will just suggest that hubby take his ginger pills to be on the safe side!
    If my husband had been there, I would have had him take something to be prepared for Luigi's but as my ride vehicle never actually went anywhere, I can't say if that ride could be problematic! But theoretically you'd be riding one close to another so you might as well be prepared for issues on either.

Blog Entries
    Pammer, I took my husband tonight and popped him onto the ride with no warning and no dramamine.

He reported zero problems. I did have some difficulty tearing him away from the queue; he has an eye for large equipment.