Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Teen dressed as] Tinker Bell denied entry

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Disney isn't allowed to look at "Doctor's notes" when someone is getting a Guest Assistance Card or renting a wheel chair. Why would they be allowed to look at Doctor's notes to determine if someone was medically required to cover part of their face?
    I didn't say they were. I'm just saying that those should be the only exceptions I can say should 100% be allowed. Everything else is just the guest's word. So myself, who is honest, will always follow the rules. I know people that have gone to Disneyland and CLAIMED to be injured just so they didn't have to stand in line. She was perfectly healthy, but faked an ankle injury. Now, I know that doesn't necessarily help them with speed of getting on, but still. The point is that these policies are based on the belief that people are honest. I have worked with the public long enough (as I know many of you have as well) to know that people are NOT honest....and it's even worse when you go to the parks. Why are there so many policies that allow exceptions based solely on the guest's word? If the policy isn't important enough that Jane Shmoe on the street can say "It's against my religion" and be exempt from it, then why is it a policy in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    And it is still consistently applying rules if they allow women with burkas, hijabs, or hair nets in that they consistently allow them and they are not a costume. These 'exceptions' as you put it are still (generally) consistently applied. Disney doesn't require someone to choose between their faith and the tenants of their religion and going to the parks - and I'm really glad they don't. I don't know if I would continue to go to Disney parks if they did that.
    It's consistently applying rules based on discrimination, really. Sure, as long as they allow every woman of a certain religion to wear a head covering, they're consistent in applying it on that group. But, why is it a policy for males and females of varying religions, but not for females of a certain religion? My intention is not to get into a war about religion. Everyone is free to believe what they want, and I support that. My intention is only to point out that it's a little discriminatory to have a policy that doesn't apply to a specific group of people.

Now, since this portion of the discussion is fairly off-topic and to avoid it getting any more heated, I shall bow out of the discussion.

Again, my intention is NOT to offend anyone or criticize anyone's religion. I am a firm believer in freedom of religion and the various religious beliefs in the world. If any of my comments have come off otherwise, I apologize. I am not criticizing people for wearing their religious garments to the parks. I am criticizing Disney for having a policy that would prevent anyone of a different religion from doing the same. It should apply to everyone or no one.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman559 View Post

It's consistently applying rules based on discrimination, really. Sure, as long as they allow every woman of a certain religion to wear a head covering, they're consistent in applying it on that group. But, why is it a policy for males and females of varying religions, but not for females of a certain religion?
    Respectfully, I have no idea what this means.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Respectfully, I have no idea what this means.
    Yeah, I probably should have proof read that, sorry. I just meant that when Drince said Disney IS consistently applying the rules, it's only true if you split people up into two groups. Those who wear it for fun, medical, etc., and those who wear it (or claim to wear it) for religious beliefs. The rule is consistently applied for one group, and consistently not applied for another group. They are consistent in THAT regard, but as for the rule as a whole, it isn't. It may or may not be applied depending on the person in question. To me, that means it's inconsistent.

Let's say two groups of people get a Fastpass. Both peoples' window is 10-11am. Both show up at noon. One group is four adults, and the other is two adults and two very young children. The group of adults tries to get on, and the CMs deny them since it is outside their window. Now, the group with children tries to enter, and the CMs allow them because they said their children held them up. Is that fair? One group was lazy, the other had to deal with their children. Should Disney have said they shouldn't have attend to their child's needs if they wanted to use the FP?

Now imagine that the group wasn't help up because of their children. They're just saying they were even though it was the parents failure to keep track of time. Should they still be allowed on because they have children and claim it was the kids? Now, I know it's not the exact same, but it's still the same principle. The rule would still be applied to one group and not another based on a choice.

Anyway, now that I have clarified, I'm out.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I was trying to say is that just because a rule does have exemptions, as long as they are applied as consistently as the original rule, then it's still a consistenly applied rule (Women can wear veils for religious reasons, otherwise no one can cover their faces -- which I don't know if that's a Disney rule or not, even).

If the rule was that parties with children under 9 are allowed to use late fastpasses, but others are not -- as long as they applied THAT rule (as much as you may disagree with that rule and it's exceptions) then it's consistent. (Organic chemistry reactions are another area where there were lots of rules, but also lots of exceptions to those rules, but I took that class too long ago to remember any good examples of that off the top of my head. The reactions don't change, even though your understanding of the rule that applies may not have been complete.)

My bottom line. Life isn't fair if you're a man who wants to wear a burka (if Disney doesn't allow face covering) or a teen who wants to dress like Tinkerbell.

Cathy

Nicely said Drince88. Another example of a consistently enforced exception is that Disney DOES allow children in costumes, up until a certain age. And while they may not demand a birth certificate or legal identification for a kid who is close to the cut-off - a teenager who can drive to the parks without a responsible adult is clearly beyond the age that Disney allows people in costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    My bottom line. Life isn't fair if you're a man who wants to wear a burka (if Disney doesn't allow face covering) or a teen who wants to dress like Tinkerbell.
    Okay, I'm sorry, but THIS I HAVE to reply to. I never said life isn't "fair". I simply said that rules should be enforced across the board or not be rules. Don't we live in a world where were are trying to get rid of discrimination based on religion, gender, or race? Apparently not, because every time I turn around there's something out there that people agree with. Hell, we just had a grandfather kicked out of a book store because he was by himself in the children's section buying books for his grandchildren.

Anyway, at this point, I can definitely see that none of us are going to budge on our views, so I suggest we all drop it. I truly shall at this point.