Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Teen dressed as] Tinker Bell denied entry

[Teen dressed as] Tinker Bell denied entry

I just saw this video about a lady and her boyfriend who were denied entry to Animal Kingdom because they were dressed as Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/oddnews-22772304/disney-world-refuses-admission-to-costumed-teen-29577467.html

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

2. # ADS

There are several threads on this, including MP posted threads

The Sarchasm -
    The gorge between my witty comment and you, who doesn't get it.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My take away from the story: Studios CMs need to be reminded of rules.

Save it for Halloween or a runDisney event, sweetie.

Cathy

I just shook my head that she would think they could get into the parks dressed that way. I suppose some people don't know about the "no costumes" policy, but that just seems like a common sense thing to me. I'm very surprised they got into DHS. I agree with Drince, save it for Halloween or a runDisney event.

Quote Originally Posted by dngnb8 View Post
    There are several threads on this, including MP posted threads
    If you're referring to the News forum, we often have multiple threads on the same story from different outlets, but you can't discuss topics in the News forum. The creation of this thread is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    My take away from the story: Studios CMs need to be reminded of rules.
    Yep. I think the "funniest" thing about this particular story is that on another fan site....its the only decision that Disney's made that everyone pretty much agree they did the right thing not letting them in.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    If you're referring to the News forum, we often have multiple threads on the same story from different outlets, but you can't discuss topics in the News forum. The creation of this thread is perfectly fine.
    Apparently, there were 6 threads on this. 5 started by MP auto-poster. I didnt remember all were autoposted. That raises a question.....

Why 5 dup threads from auto-poster? Is this a tool that scans for news and makes automatic posts? Im curious about the functionality now.
    The Sarchasm -

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I saw this yesterday on yahoo news and read some comments there. Even those people, who aren't as Disneyed as we are were saying, "EVERYONE knows you can't dress like that if it isn't Halloween!" LOL....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Phbbbt SNIFF! SNIFF! - She was just trying to get her 15 minutes of fame - SNIFF! SNIFF!

How ridiculous! Where did she think she was going, COMIC-CON!! Anybody who's been to Disney parks knows full well adults in costumes aren't allowed into the parks! She was trying her best to cry for the cameras, but it looked and sounded so fake! I'm sure she just wanted more FREE clothes and other things from Disney!!

Karen W2

Quote Originally Posted by KarenW2 View Post
    How ridiculous! Where did she think she was going, COMIC-CON!! Anybody who's been to Disney parks knows full well adults in costumes aren't allowed into the parks! She was trying her best to cry for the cameras, but it looked and sounded so fake! I'm sure she just wanted more FREE clothes and other things from Disney!!
    And what's with all the tears? Seriously?? She should be glad they stopped her. She looked ridiculous. Her poor boyfriend probably slipped them a $20 to help get him out of that costume!

She should apply for a job in a few years- maybe she'll get to dress up like Tinkerbell every day then... but as for the decision Disney made to not allow her in the park, it was the right one. Little kids could/would be coming up to her thinking she's a park employee. I'm surprised she never thought that it was a possibilty that this could happen. I wonder what her boyfriend REALLY thought about her making him dress up like Peter Pan? lol

Man I would be really cross I my 10 year old threw a wobbler like that let alone a 15 year old! Pretty neat costume though she did a good job putting that together. I do suspect her boyfriend was somewhat relieved though!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Man I would be really cross I my 10 year old threw a wobbler like that let alone a 15 year old! Pretty neat costume though she did a good job putting that together. I do suspect her boyfriend was somewhat relieved though!
    Yeah, where WERE her parents?

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im suspecting that she and her BF were locals and they are regular WDW guests. ie: if that is the case, I bet they go frequently without parents. (Very similar way that teens local to the different amusement parks across the country use them as hangouts.)

And if she is a regular guest... she should be aware of the different rules regarding costumes.

I was impressed, though, that she got her BF to dress up as Peter Pan.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

She was certainly showing a LOT more boobage than the real Tink!

Blog Entries

All I could think is "Yeah, Peter Pan TOTALLY wears an ear gauge."

Fortunately my video cut out when she started crying.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the video. I know Disney gave her the free clothes/fastpasses to avoid negative publicity, but I think it just encourages others--"hey, I can break the rules and then look sad and Disney will give me FREE stuff!"

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now if only Disney could enforce guests not having their ***** and guts hanging out of their clothing all will be well in the World.

Visiting WDW Since 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by ourtrip View Post
    Now if only Disney could enforce guests not having their ***** and guts hanging out of their clothing all will be well in the World.
    good luck with that!
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    I just shook my head that she would think they could get into the parks dressed that way.
    For me the story isn't so much that she tried to do this in the first place. Heck, us online freaks know the rules far better than the general public, and I think it's not such an amazing thing that she tried to get in all dressed up. What makes this a story for me is her reaction, as if Disney did something wrong by not letting her in. In other words, someone told her NO and she freaked out about it. If it were me (well, not dressed up as Tink but say dressed up like a pirate) and I were told by Disney that I couldn't come in dressed that way, I just would have said "Oh well...", changed clothes, and gone on with my day. But her day was RUINED, her life was RUINED, her memories of WDW are all RUINED, all because she couldn't get her way. Really really sad that she was raised with this sense of entitlement that, whatever she wants to do, everyone else better let her do.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    For me the story isn't so much that she tried to do this in the first place. Heck, us online freaks know the rules far better than the general public, and I think it's not such an amazing thing that she tried to get in all dressed up. What makes this a story for me is her reaction, as if Disney did something wrong by not letting her in. In other words, someone told her NO and she freaked out about it. If it were me (well, not dressed up as Tink but say dressed up like a pirate) and I were told by Disney that I couldn't come in dressed that way, I just would have said "Oh well...", changed clothes, and gone on with my day. But her day was RUINED, her life was RUINED, her memories of WDW are all RUINED, all because she couldn't get her way. Really really sad that she was raised with this sense of entitlement that, whatever she wants to do, everyone else better let her do.

Well said Dan. You hit the nail right on the head!
    Formerly tinkinparis

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    ...but I think it just encourages others--"hey, I can break the rules and then look sad and Disney will give me FREE stuff!"
    We have all heard about Disney doing things for guests who, well lets face it, dont deserve it. I think the precedence for bad guest behavior has already been set. It may not be so commonplace where we read about it on different Disney boards or blogs, but I am sure it happens on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Really really sad that she was raised with this sense of entitlement that, whatever she wants to do, everyone else better let her do.
    Like it was said above, I think Dan hit the nail on the head. Im as much as a Disney nut as the next person around these parts, but rules are rules. Instead of acknowledging that what they were trying to do, though (giving benefit of the doubt - which is still a stretch) maybe not maliciously, was against the rules, they went to the press, got on TV, made a scene after the fact. And I am willing to bet that this is after Disney gave them freebees.

Im thinking that in contrast, if I accidentally pulled a "stupid guest trick" and Disney still tried to make things right, I would accept it graciously, thank them very much, and move on with my day.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    ... "stupid guest trick" ...
    Is this a new segment on Letterman?

Well said Dan. You hit the nail right on the head!
    I hate when I do this - it's painful to my ol' head!!!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

All I have to say is that my DD is the same age, and she knows better than to do this.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL! I laughed at her fake crying...and there's no way it took months to put that costume together! Silly, silly, silly.

Stephanie

I find this thread entertaining.

She is 15, not an adult.

Dan touched on it. It isnt just her, but MANY of today's kids are so empowered with entitlement by parents, counselors, schools etc, that this very well could have had the effect she says.

COS Play is very popular among kids these ages. Ever been to a Comic Con? Considering the gauge in the b/f's ear, I bet they dressed up there. It is fun to them, and frankly, expecting a child to check Park Rules of character dress is a high expectation indeed.

To be clear, I don't blame the park. Personally, I think we need to teach kids more about "consequence of one's actions" rather then "faultless expectations and entitlement"

The Sarchasm -