Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for June 4 - June 10, 2012
    Why you didn't get picked for the Cars Land AP preview | Discount Disneyland passes? | Disney Cruise Line announces Pixar-inspired California cruises | 2012 CHOC Walk | Resort construction update | This and That... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

The whole thing strikes me as a classic example of the law of unintended consequences, and of a failure to communicate between various components at Disney and between Disney and the public. I'm sure they didn't intend it that way, but the combination of the price increase, the e-mail notifications, and the promotion of the paid events made it look like Disney was being extraordinarily greedy. Kudos to MP to explaining that (a) there was no way Disney could meet the demand for entry to the previews and (b) explaining that the paid previews weren't a money grab. Disney could have prevented a lot of ill will by doing a better job of communicating - and not hiking the prices so much in one shot probably wouldn't have hurt, either.

Experienced Ghirardelli on Sunday. Great service, but expensive. (I don't know why I was surprised) $9 for a butterscotch sundae. It was delicious however, so that sort of made up for the cost.

The biggest issue I see is that there is only 1 small area for napkins, straws, and spoons. I had to wait in line to order, wait in line to pick it up, THEN wait it line just to get a spoon. That is terrible design, and they need to add 1 or 2 more areas ASAP.

I didn't even know there were four cruises on the West Coast until the Disney Blog on Facebook posted about the Pixar theme. Because I am retiring in two weeks, I thought this would be a good trip to take - no plane rides, port is close to home and I finally get to go on a Disney cruise. So I'm booked for the second cruise. I think maybe Disney needs to do a better job of promoting the cruises in Southern California.

As always, a great update.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan