Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ways to save on Disneyland tickets and APs even AFTER the 5/20 price increase

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Safeway only carries 3 day hoppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Bummer!
    Are you near the Arco Arena Safeway? Someone on another board posted today that he/she saw APs at the old prices there.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    This link has DAPs and PAPs at the old prices: https://www.giftcardmall.com/m-86-di...nd-resort.aspx
    That is awesome! Wonder how long that will last???
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    That is awesome! Wonder how long that will last???
    Hope it lasts long enough for you to take advantage of it!

My DH wasnt happy with buying 4 APs right now either until I said look at it this way Christmas is paid for! We gave the girls APs for Christmas last year and they were thrilled. So that is the plan for 2012 too. DH liked having Christmas paid for early, so off I went. :-)

Are you near the Arco Arena Safeway? Someone on another board posted today that he/she saw APs at the old prices there.
    I don't think that is too far out of the way for Siggy, but it is an hour from me.

I don't think that is too far out of the way for Siggy, but it is an hour from me.
    Well, hopefully the gift card mall site or one of the other options (AAA?) will work out for you!

I could go out there, but truth be told, I can't even afford it at the old prices. Thanks for the heads up, Mary!
    Siggy aka Jill

WOW! I am glad I ran out on Sunday and got the AP's from the grocery store....I went in today and all the tickets had been pulled off the shelf!

Closer to the Mouse once again, but not close enough!

Make sure to check with whoever sells the tickets at your work, there was much better discount on tickets/passes this time then previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty's mom View Post
    Make sure to check with whoever sells the tickets at your work, there was much better discount on tickets/passes this time then previously.
    I'm hoping this will mean better renewal discounts!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    3: Buy tickets online from Get Away Today Vacations

As frequently happens, online sellers are often a day or two behind Disneyland in raising their rates. MousePlanet sponsor Get Away Today Vacations tells us that they will have tickets available for purchase at the old prices until June 7, 2012, after which they will be forced to raise prices. They offer 2- through 6-day park hopper tickets, which may be one of the only ways to even buy a 6-day park hopper now that Disneyland has discontinued that product. While tickets must be purchased by June 7, they are valid through Dec. 31, 2012, and the company is offering payment plans starting at $125 down

Note that the site charges a handling fee on vacation packages (hotel and ticket combos), but ticket-only purchases have no added fees.
    The tickets available right now for late summer travel are cheaper than the old Disney advertised prices, but their "savings" amount is compared against the new gate prices.
    Cathy

Hello,
    Another discount I have found is by using memberdeals.com (receive access to site after buying and registering an entertainment book).
    I'm new to using the entertainment book. Has anyone used this to buy Disneyland passes? Wondering if the discount is worth it, or is it a hassle to pick up tix at gate etc?
    Can I buy way in advance, or have to wait til closer to our travel time. (going in Oct)
    I usually buy through getawaytoday.com
    Thanks!

I went and looked. I am not familiar with that sight through my Entertainment book, but I have been on a very similar looking site through my (now defunct) border's rewards perks. Make sure you are not buying the Spring special ones at the bottom of the page as they expire this month. The ones at the top are a great price, and you should be just fine buying them now.

We had one trip we had bought the tickets through 2 different sites. Both of which required a stop at the ticket booths for the actual hoppers, confirmation, ID, and CC used to pick them up. This was the year of a Bajillion people in the ticket booth lines for their free Bday promo. And, I knew we wouldn't arrive before lunch time because of another commitment. So, DH and I popped over the night before our first park day ( we arrived late, but the booths are open until park close), about 11:30 PM. We parked in the 15 minute lot on Harbor, ran over through bag check to the open booth on the other side (the Harbor booths were closed), exchanged the vouchers for PHs and were back in the car 20 minutes later.

@candles71
    Thanks for your advice! Going the night before to pick up passes is a great idea. We can be all set and ready to see Mickey early the next morning!

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming

Congrats. I am in Nor cal so our stores only tend to carry 3 day hoppers. Even the Disney Store I couldn't get them at last December when I was looking.
    Safeway has the 3 day hoppers at $199, but on the back side says "must use by 5/28/11. Anybody know if disney will still take this? Im not going til June 18...

Quote Originally Posted by jbguy View Post
    Safeway has the 3 day hoppers at $199, but on the back side says "must use by 5/28/11. Anybody know if disney will still take this? Im not going til June 18...
    Not certain, but I think Disney will honor it, but make you pay the price difference.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbguy View Post
    That's a special promotion that ends May 28th - if you try to use them after that date, Disney will require you to pay the difference between the face value ($199) and the current price of a 3-day hopper ($235 for kids, $250 for adults). Much better to buy tickets from Get Away Today - they'll be more expensive than the special offer you found, but Disney will honor them as fully paid in June.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

If your AP expires in August you may still be able to renew at the old price. Count 40 days back from expiration date. If that date is B4 July 1st, you'll be eligible for the pre-increase renewal. You MUST do the renewal sometime from that day to June 30th.

Coming out of lurk..........I was going to state the same thing as Disneyana. If you renew online (or over the phone) before July 1st, you get the old renew rate. This was confirmed by a supervisor online and by me when I renewed our passes Wednesday. So if you are 40 days out by June 30th you are in good shape. The reason is, they don't have the capacity to have two online prices at once. So, that is the 40 days from May 20th date (for all the people who already got their notices in the mail). I hope this helps someone in the coming month or so. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ironmdn72 View Post
    @candles71
    Thanks for your advice! Going the night before to pick up passes is a great idea. We can be all set and ready to see Mickey early the next morning!
    Your welcome.

For the Getawaytoday.com park hoppers, is there a place you can pick them up at the Grand Californian or DTD? Or do you have to go to the will call near the DL entrance?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    For the Getawaytoday.com park hoppers, is there a place you can pick them up at the Grand Californian or DTD? Or do you have to go to the will call near the DL entrance?
    Based on the information in my receipt, I believe you have to go to the ticket booth. If you're checking in to the GC, you can always ask, though.
    Cathy

This link has DAPs and PAPs at the old prices: https://www.giftcardmall.com/m-86-di...nd-resort.aspx

Will this one work? I need to buy 4 of them but I need to make sure I have until dec31 to redeem as we won't be back till then....

Thanks

AM

formerly A1DisneyFan

I've read on other boards that people have bought APs from that link and that the expiration date was 12/31/12. Also, there is a "contact us" link at the bottom of that page, so you can call to confirm, if necessary.