Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to save on Disneyland tickets and APs even AFTER the 5/20 price increase

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    If you are planning on visiting Disneyland and buying tickets along with your hotel reservation (aka 'a package'), those ticket prices have not yet increased. My understanding from the Disneyland travel agent representatives is that the price increase for tickets associated with packages will happen June 9. I checked pricing on packages today compared with ones I booked on Saturday, and prices are consistent, so it seems solid.
    Thank you! I'm going to price out a package with old tickets vs. our great hotel deal I have booked for December plus new ticket prices.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

2. # ADS

We have Premium Aps that will expire 12/30/2012. If I buy the Premium AP Cards at my local store for $499 and activate them 12/31/2012 that will work? They wont know I already had an AP and charge me the difference?

Can I activate them prior to 12/31/2012 if that works better for us time wise? I checked my local store and they do have them, I just don't want to buy them unless I'm sure they will work!

Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    We have Premium Aps that will expire 12/30/2012. If I buy the Premium AP Cards at my local store for $499 and activate them 12/31/2012 that will work? They won’t know I already had an AP and charge me the difference?

Can I activate them prior to 12/31/2012 if that works better for us time wise? I checked my local store and they do have them, I just don't want to buy them unless I'm sure they will work!

Thank-you!
    There is some debate/questioning whether you could renew them on 12/30. You should not have any problems on 12/31/12. The only catch is that you have to activate in person so you will need to plan on being at the parks that day.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    There is some debate/questioning whether you could renew them on 12/30. You should not have any problems on 12/31/12. The only catch is that you have to activate in person so you will need to plan on being at the parks that day.
    So, one cant start a new AP early if they want? I worry about only having 1 day to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I would just mention to double check the experation date on the back of the card, but I am just that way. My luck I would pick one up that expired before then. happy hunting.
    Have you looked at Safeway up here, Candles?
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Have you looked at Safeway up here, Candles?
    Safeway only carries 3 day hoppers.

So, one cant start a new AP early if they want? I worry about only having 1 day to do this...
    You can't hold 2 APs at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Safeway only carries 3 day hoppers.
    Bummer!
    Siggy aka Jill

Getawaytoday sent out an email yesterday stating they aren't raising prices until June 7.

Please forgive me for belaboring this point!

Why cant I have 2 APs if I want to pay for them? Why cant I give up one for the other?

What will happen if I take the $499 Premium Card I purchase at Albertson's and try to activate it before my current AP has expired? How will they know? Is it linked to my address? My daughter is too young for a drivers license... What if I give a different address? I could use my Passport to prove my identity and give my office address for mailing purposes. Would that work? Is this *really* necessary to activate a new AP early?

Thank-you!

It's linked to your name. It will come up that you already have an active AP in the system. I don't recommend a false name as this would stink when asked for ID.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Please forgive me if this is not OK...

My store has lots of tickets in all the different flavors. Id be happy to purchase and mail these to anyone who cant get them. I want Zero in return except what they cost and postage of course.

This thread saved me quite a bit of money, and I would like to pay-it-forward if I can. :-)

Jeri

I am reading some conflicting information now regarding the purchase of the cards at grocery stores after May 19, that is will the price of $499 will be honored if the card was purchased after May 19. With an expiration date of Dec. 31 I would assume that is a contract and the price should be honored. I don't want to get there and be told I have to pay the difference because I purchased my ticket after May 19th. Any thoughts or a link to something that tells me for sure what to expect? I'm sure others have done this in the past when there have been price increases and I'd like to know what happened when they went to activate their card

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wendygirl View Post
    I am reading some conflicting information now regarding the purchase of the cards at grocery stores after May 19, that is will the price of $499 will be honored if the card was purchased after May 19. With an expiration date of Dec. 31 I would assume that is a contract and the price should be honored. I don't want to get there and be told I have to pay the difference because I purchased my ticket after May 19th. Any thoughts or a link to something that tells me for sure what to expect? I'm sure others have done this in the past when there have been price increases and I'd like to know what happened when they went to activate their card
    I've heard that some callers are being told that they will be required to pay the difference when they go to activate a pass purchased at the grocery store unless they can provide proof of purchase before May 20th. I don't know if this is one CM saying this or several; I know I've been told something else when I've called.

It would be exceptionally difficult - if not actually unlawful - for Disney to refuse to honor grocery store tickets as fully paid. Assume you're John Doe Disney Guest, and you knew nothing about this price increase. You saw this gift card in the grocery store, an authorized reseller, and decided to buy it. It says "Premium Annual Pass" on the front, and "Activate By 12/31/12" on the back. There is no language on the card that says "well, unless Disneyland raises prices, in which case you have to pay the difference." There's nothing that says "proof of purchase date required." How would Disney justify refusing to honor the card?

But like I said, I know at least one CM is giving this information, and I'm asking a contact at Disney for some clarification. Edited to add: My contact at Disney confirmed what I said above - so long as the gift card has not yet expired, it will be redeemed for the pass level indicated on the front.

Given the hassles I personally had this weekend just following the directions I was given by two different phone operators, I know how frustrating operator roulette is. At the same time, if there's one thing I know about Disney, it's that they will go to pretty decent lengths to "do the right thing" in most cases. I just can't imagine them refusing to honor those cards, especially since they STILL have not told stores to pull them.

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thank you SO much for saving me Big money! My pass expires on Christmas so this works out perfectly for me. The local Vons here in Upland has already switched over but the Albertsons just down the street from it still had quite a few passes for the old price as of this morning.

Thank you for the response. I'm just hoping I get someone who knows what they are doing when I activate this. I sure don't want to have to argue with them and have them call a lead over! I'll be interested to hear what happens to folks as they begin to activate these grocery store passes that were purchased after the 19th.

AAA.com Have not gone up yet either. No Aps but Citypasses and other hopper/ticket options.
    Oh, and these get mailed not e-tickets.

Please forgive me if this is not OK...

My store has lots of tickets – in all the different flavors. I’d be happy to purchase and mail these to anyone who can’t get them. I want Zero in return – except what they cost and postage of course.

This thread saved me quite a bit of money, and I would like to pay-it-forward if I can. :-)

Jeri
    My local Pavilions has lots of tickets and APs in stock still too. Everything but premium passes... I would be happy to help out anyone who is looking to save.
    MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

I was at the vons in rancho Bernardo this morning, and they had at least 20 DAP's there. If I could talk dh into getting 4 of these and venturing up to Anaheim the week after christmas, I'd be all over that . There were some so cal and SoCal selects also.

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Big thanks to AVP, Spectromen, and all the people who've posted tips here! This afternoon, I went to our local AAA office and purchased 2 AP vouchers at discounted old prices (= old price + AAA discount), expiration date 12/31/12. There was no line, the rep was really friendly, and, apparently, at this office the price increase was no big deal. She said there are still plenty of tickets and passes (all levels) at the old prices. Not all AAA offices carry DLR tickets, but if anyone wants to try this specific office, just send me a PM.

AVP just want to say your doing an awesome job!!!!!

Blog Entries

Our local (south Orange County) had plenty of deluxe and other passes left today.

(A little giggle at the colleague who asked me if I found all this last minute pass info at the Disney blog. Ha!)

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Thanks to everyone for all their tips! I was able to buy our DAP for the old price (safeway) and get my gas rewards.

Oh my goodness! Just told dh about the stack of DAP's that I saw today, and he asked if I wanted to go get 4...I told him, of he's going to offer, I'll take him up on it! Woo hoo!

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Quote Originally Posted by heatherya View Post
    Oh my goodness! Just told dh about the stack of DAP's that I saw today, and he asked if I wanted to go get 4...I told him, of he's going to offer, I'll take him up on it! Woo hoo!
    Hooray! What a great husband!