Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers regarding Disneyland ticket increase and AP renewals

Quote Originally Posted by mindstormmaster View Post
    I called the annual passholder hotline and the CM I talked to seemed to say that the vouchers didn't expire, or that they wouldn't expire until after one year, or that you wouldn't be asked to pay the difference till after two years. I didn't ask him to read me the policy verbatim, but he did confirm that there wouldn't be a problem for my scenario (activating at the end of August).

This probably just adds more confusion, but I thought I'd share.
    I imagine that an Annual Pass "GIFT" Voucher might not have an expiration date -- or at least not an early one. After all, you shouldn't give someone an AP as a Christmas gift and then require them to run to the Park right away.

HOWEVER, you can also buy a plain old "NEW" Annual Pass online. (That's what I did last night, since my current AP doesn't expire until the end of October.) You are then emailed a pdf "eTicket" that you have to redeem by December 31, 2012. (The date is stated quite clearly in bold letters at the top -- although you are not informed of this before you actually buy it.)

So I will just ignore Disney's entreaties to renew my AP in September, let my current one expire in October, and then turn in my eTicket and get my new AP sometime in November/December.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post

You can renew to a lower level at the current (pre May 20) price provided you do so within 60 days of your expiration date. Did you get your renewal form? It should have all of the pass levels and prices listed. You may also qualify for the $20 renewal discount - they don't offer it on Premier passes, but I believe Premiums get it.
    AVP -

Thanks for that info! We have not yet gotten our renewal form - how far in advance do they normally send them out? Our expiration date is 6/29. A new question - if we don't renew right away but let some of the 60 days pass, is the expiration date still 6/29 or is it a year from when we actually process the renewal?

Thanks -
    Deni

To renew at the renewal rate, your expiration date does not change. You can let your pass expire and then activate a new pass on your next visit after expiration and the expiration date becomes one year after the date of activation.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's been a DL rat race for me today. DS6's pass expires in June so I was able to renew online with the current price and the $20 renewal discount. I went to the Disney store in town to pick up vouchers for the rest of the family but they only had deluxe. I needed two deluxe and a premium. So, I purchased the deluxe and had them call the San Diego store to see if they had premium. Nope. Bah! So I just went online I bought myself a premium voucher. My problem was that I had $1200 in Disney gift cards I wanted to apply to the passes, but you can't use them online. Gah! So, I used $700 worth. I'll spend the other gift cards eventually.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Thanks, AVP! I'll call later on and report back with Disney's response.
    Just got off the phone with the AP Phone Line (20 minutes on hold!), and here's their answer: Yes, you can buy vouchers today online, the vouchers expire on 12/31/12, let your AP expire (ours expire in Nov.), then go to a ticket booth the next day (CM didn't think this would work on the same day/night of expiration) and use the voucher to buy a new pass. You can use Disney gift cards to buy a voucher by phone by calling the AP Phone Line until 6 PM today.

If you do it over the phone will you get an email confirmation or something else that you can re-print if you lose? The scary part about store-bought vouchers is the risk of losing them.

I signed in to my AP account at Disneyland.com and navigated to buy-a-pass page to look at the AP gift voucher option. If you select the monthly payment option, the option to buy a voucher disappears. So to address the "NEW" question in the first post, can you do this if you call?

Here's another question: If I were to renew my pass (exp Aug 7) and downgrade to SoCal from Deluxe, do I both A) get the $20 discount, and B) have the option of monthly payments?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97:1731347
    I signed in to my AP account at Disneyland.com and navigated to buy-a-pass page to look at the AP gift voucher option. If you select the monthly payment option, the option to buy a voucher disappears. So to address the "NEW" question in the first post, can you do this if you call?
    No, gift vouchers are not eligible for payments.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thanks. You're on overdrive today, but I appreciate it!

Here's another question: If I were to renew my pass (exp Aug 7) and downgrade to SoCal from Deluxe, do I both A) get the $20 discount, and B) have the option of monthly payments?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Report from the front lines

And really, LINES is the word.

I needed to buy three Premier and one Premium AP gift vouchers to be activated later this year. Two different CMs at the AP Hotline said I *had* to do this in person, since Premiers can't be sold online or by phone. So I drove to Disneyland, where I waited over an hour at the ticket booth for the CMs to figure out how to do this.

I place absolutely no blame on the ticket booth CMs, and very much appreciate the lengths they went to on my behalf. But it was terribly frustrating to get to the counter and learn that what two CMs told me last night wasn't accurate. In the end they found a workaround, but it was made very clear that this was an exception.

Long story short, if you CAN buy your vouchers online, do so. You won't find it easy to do so at the park. If you are a Premier, expect a long wait and lots of confusion. Again, I don't blame the CMs I dealt with - they are in an impossible situation today.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88:1731306
    Will they let me "upgrade" to a premier at Disneyland using a DL 4-day park hopper and a WDW AP voucher?
    Both would be unused when I went to the ticket booth (or I could use one day on the DL hopper if that makes it better. It would at WDW). Or would it be better to just use the WDW AP voucher to upgrade to a premier
    Honestly it makes no sense to buy anything today with the intent of upgrading it after the price hike, because you'll pay the new higher price when you upgrade. I'd just wait and buy the Premier when you need it.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

If you upgrade a premium to a premier after tomorrow, do you pay the difference between the new price of the premier and the price you paid for the premium, or do you pay the difference between the new price of the premier and the new value of the premium, since the price of the premium will have gone up since we purchased it?

Yes, I know, the real answer would be to upgrade to a premier today to avoid the issue, but for various reasons, that's not an option. Thanks.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Just a reminder that might help one reader:
    The ticket prices will increase (dramatically in some cases) tomorrow,
    so remind your Disney-loving friends to get their passes today, Saturday, May 19.

If you want to get them at a Disney Store call first. When I purchased ours a month ago, four out of five stores I called didn't have them in stock.

Before you get Premium APs for the family, remember that the 50 or so days blocked out with a Deluxe pass are among the most crowded days of the year; you might not want to go on those days. Also the parking pass and food and merchandise discounts would be covered if one parent (who always goes) has the PAP, so consider getting just one PAP for a parent and Deluxe APs for the others.

And finally, remember that you could purchase the passes today and use them for the first time in the fall, after the Carsland lines gone from insane to long.

Someone on another site listed the surprising number of APs you could obtain from other parks from the price of one Disneyland AP, but as a Disney freak, that was like informing me that for far less than the price of one meal at the Blue Bayou, I could eat ten times as much food at a Hometown Buffet.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-19-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly it makes no sense to buy anything today with the intent of upgrading it after the price hike, because you'll pay the new higher price when you upgrade. I'd just wait and buy the Premier when you need it.
    Except I might not upgrade to a premier, I might just keep the 4 day DL hopper and get a WDW voucher before THEIR price increase and not get the premier. In part it depends on how much the WDW APs go up and if they swap Fri and Sat MM/EMH Labor Day weekend.

Unless I decide to do a second DL trip before the year is out...
    Cathy

Blog Entries

Well. We have purchased our Premiums. Ouch.

I thought about driving out to stand in line for a Premiere for me but I'm not sure I'll be at WDW long enough next year for it to make sense financially and it sounds a little crazy out there.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    My understanding is that you can activate a new pass the day after your old pass expires. I am double checking on this myself tomorrow (my AP expires ON December 31, so I will actually need to activate a new pass while my old pass is valid), and will report back here once I have an answer. However, since we're working with a deadline, I'd recommend that you call Disneyland tomorrow morning 714-781-PASS and ask before you buy a voucher.

AVP
    Last summer I was heading down on 4th of July weekend and realized I was blacked out for 3 days with my Deluxe. I was a couple of weeks too early for a renewall/upgrade so I decided just to blow off the month and a half or so I had left on my Deluxe and bought a voucher for a Premium rather than pay $150 for the blackout tickets. I had no problem activating the new voucher even though I had many weeks left on my current pass.

On a side note, has anyone ordered online today and experienced a slow email response? I ordered a voucher about two hours ago and no email yet. I'm not sure if their system is just bogged down with everyone rushing to beat the increase, or if my work email system has blocked the email for some reason. It sometimes doesn't like emails with attachments, but that shouldn't have blocked the confirmation email.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    On a side note, has anyone ordered online today and experienced a slow email response?
    Yes.

I'm sure it's just busy. I have a printout of the online confirmation (with number) and I'm not worried. It will show up eventually.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Looks like I will be heading to the park to purchase my premier pass later today... 2 premier passes and a renewal on my GF's pass mean a saving of $350... Yea, I think that's worth the drive and waiting in line...

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens:1731362
    If you upgrade a premium to a premier after tomorrow, do you pay the difference between the new price of the premier and the price you paid for the premium, or do you pay the difference between the new price of the premier and the new value of the premium, since the price of the premium will have gone up since we purchased
    You will pay the difference between what you paid for the Premium and the new price of the Premier.

AVP

3 Premium Passes purchased today for $379 each (renewal discount). I spoke to multiple CMs and I am satisfied that we are good to go. Good luck everyone!

Always planning at least one trip to Disneyland!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97:1731352
    Thanks. You're on overdrive today, but I appreciate it!

No. You can't renew a pass that expires on August 7th yet, so no discount. If you wait until you are eligible to renew and do so, you'll get whatever renewal incentive they offer, but you'll renew at the higher price.

Many, many people have purchased new APs online today using the payment plan. If you do that your payments start today, and you receive a voucher you have to activate by 12/31/12. So you miss the $20 discount, but you get the lower price.

AVP.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

Many, many people have purchased new APs online today using the payment plan. If you do that your payments start today, and you receive a voucher you have to activate by 12/31/12. So you miss the $20 discount, but you get the lower price.
    This is exactly what we did. I can deal with the 2x installments until our current passes expire in order to save a combined $300.

Next year, dunno. Premium isn't worth $649 to me but no other pass fits our established usage pattern. Maybe we'll go less. 17 months until I have to make that decision though.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

24 hours since I bought our passes and still no email. Should I call?

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Does anyone know if the special So Cal. resident 2 day park hopper will be available after June 5th? The one they have now is only good thru June 4th and I need to purchase 4 2 day park hoppers for my niece as I gave her a night with three friends at Disneyland. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I missed any earlier posts regarding this.

No. You can't renew a pass that expires on August 7th yet, so no discount. If you wait until you are eligible to renew and do so, you'll get whatever renewal incentive they offer, but you'll renew at the higher price.

AVP.
    I'm confused, so you CAN buy an AP online signing up w/ payment plan and you just need to redeem it by 12/31/12? I thought I had read that you cannot do the payment plan for the voucher/gift APs?
    Thanks for all of your work on this! : )