Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Announces Ticket Price Increase

I am Root. Bow before me!
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Disneyland Announces Ticket Price Increase

The Disneyland Blog has just announced pricing increases for all forms of Disneyland admission, including significant increases in prices for Annual Passes. These new prices will take effect on Sunday, May 20th. You can see the details here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...t-prices-2012/

Here's our analysis of the price change. Note that the 6-day ticket option (both one-park and park-hopper) has been discontinued.

Ages 10 and older Ages 3 - 9
    Ticket Old price New Price % increase Old Price New Price % increase
    5-Day Park Hopper $266 $290 9% $246 $270 10%
    5-Day 1-Park Per Day $251 $260 4% $231 $240 4%
    4-Day Park Hopper $249 $275 10% $231 $255 10%
    4-Day 1-Park Per Day $234 $245 5% $216 $225 4%
    3-Day Park Hopper $224 $250 12% $208 $235 13%
    3-Day 1-Park Per Day $209 $220 5% $193 $205 6%
    2-Day Park Hopper $173 $200 16% $161 $188 17%
    2-Day 1-Park Per Day $158 $170 8% $146 $158 8%
    1-Day Park Hopper $105 $125 19% $99 $119 20%
    1-Day 1-Park $80 $87 9% $74 $81 9%

Annual Pass Old price New Price % increase
    Premier (DLR/WDW) $749 $849 13%
    Premium $499 $649 30%
    Deluxe $379 $469 24%
    Southern California* $269 $329 22%
    Southern California Select* $199 $269 35%
    Annual Parking Pass $99 $129 30%
    Last edited by AVP; 05-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Never argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    I will believe it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.
    I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

2. # ADS

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

$649 for premium.

Wow.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Blog Entries

Somewhere in the first few sentences is this line "and a visit to the Disneyland Resort has never been a better value". Are you kidding? A one day park hopper at $125 with a childs ticket at $119. Just wow!!!

Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

A $150 increase in the Premium pass?! I guess the Premier pass will be a screamin' deal for the next few days/weeks until they jack up WDW's prices and the Premier pass with them.

$250 for a three day hopper. I remember when I paid $299 for my premium annual pass. Sad to see. But they have shareholders and this is what happens. Also, people will continue to pay it, so they will continue to raise prices.

Watch for the Safeway park hopper tickets to start flying off the shelf this summer.

Are they just trying to weed out the surplus of passholders? I know i'm still going to renew, but most of my friends wont

Well that just messed up our plans. I guess we won't be buying PHs to get the MM. We need to buy our APs NOW.

Yeah I can't afford that kind of an increase. My pass is due to renew in July, and I called to ask if I can renew early and was told no. That's some lovely treatment after holding a pass for 6 years :\

My mom and I are first time PAP holders and I'm not 100% sure what the best way is to renew our passes. Our passes expire on July 21st of this year and we'll be in the parks from July 25-30. Obviously we're hoping to avoid this price increase, so what is the best way to have passes for our trip and not pay the increased price? Should we forget about renewing and just buy two new passes before the increase on May 20th? Then our first use would be July 25th and the passes would expire on July 25, 2013, correct? Or is there a better way to handle this? Thanks for any and all help!

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so all of the ubiquitous posts will come out about what you deem as valuable and what the market will bear, blah, blah. but just for comparison a WDW premium pass is $691.19. you get 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, discounts, parking, some special events, golf course access, disney quest free admission, and ESPN Wide WOrld of Sports admission. And if you're a florida resident you pay 542.09. I know the prices may go up when the new Fantasyland opens completely, but wow... I guess they KNOW (or think they know) they have strong demand coming so they can increase the prices. 150 increase for Premium, which taken per month is a little more than $10.00. and the one day park hopper went up $26.00. so you're already ahead... it's just that, well, $650! wow...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I would buy them now, let yours expire and yes, your new experation will be the 25th.

I'm getting really nervous about this. Are we for sure that the expiration of the AP voucher is Dec 31st? I really don't want to buy them all and print them only to have them say they expire June 14th. I also have the problem that I bought all those gift cards and you can only use one card to purchase APs. So, I just called the Disney Store and found out that I can go load one gc there with all of them. That will help but I will still have to buy our APs in 2 transactions because you can only load up to $1500. This is crazy!

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

WOW...our APs just expired on May 1 and this is a significant increase! We fly down tomorrow and will be renewing at the park...good timing on our part, I guess!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Blog Entries

and AVP just posted on Twitter that the Premier (all US parks) is going up to $849. so for a mere $200 you can get all US theme parks. Such a deal...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Wow, if they are trying to make more money from the increase of the AP's it didn't work with us. They actually have lost more money in the form of food, extra experiences, souvenirs, ect. because now we are no longer going to be coming down from Idaho mutliple times a year with an AP.

As much as I love Disneyland, I think it may be time to look for other vacation destinations that don't require more than what we pay for our monthly mortgage just to get our family past the front gate for a couple days.

Blog Entries

so as I fluctuate between rationalization with math, and budgeting anger, I came to this...
    -With AP $ going up I have a right to tell the survey takers to take a hike, it's my time/money lets not waste it with a survey. - \
    not in a rude way, just sayin'

and you thought people felt entitled before? hmmm.... after spending this much $$ we'll see a new level I think.

After going to DL for 41 years, I think I'm finally priced out of visiting on a regular basis. Our passes expire in September and at the very least, we will be taking another year break from the parks, perhaps longer. In today's economy, I just won't be able to rationalize paying for 4 AP's, especially when life itself dictates we have far less opportunity to visit. I look forward to the next few trips between now and September and then it's off to WDW in 2015.

Suspended in the timelessness of innerspace are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Magnification... Magnification... Magnification...

My pass expires July 21st. I called to see about renewing and was told it was too early but that current pass holders could renew online prior to July 1st under the old price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    My pass expires July 21st. I called to see about renewing and was told it was too early but that current pass holders could renew online prior to July 1st under the old price.
    So does that mean that anyone with a renewal date before July 1st can renew under the old price?? BAH. I got my pass on July FOURTH!

Or does that mean we have til July 1st to renew under the old price?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexxgco View Post
    So does that mean that anyone with a renewal date before July 1st can renew under the old price?? BAH. I got my pass on July FOURTH!

Or does that mean we have til July 1st to renew under the old price?
    I am trying to get official information from Disney about renewals and AP vouchers, because I've already seen people post conflicting info they say they received from DL cast members.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Oh my gosh. I think they just hit the point at which I can no longer justify this expense. A 30 percent increase, with two day's notice and no opportunity to renew early? Wow...I feel like such a valued longtime customer.

I can tell you one thing -- I'm not picking up any more trash at Disneyland! I'm so mad right now I may even take my Mickey welcome sign off my front door!

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    With AP $ going up I have a right to tell the survey takers to take a hike, it's my time/money lets not waste it with a survey. - \
    not in a rude way, just sayin'
    Well, you've always had the right to decline their request to ask you questions. I generally agree to take the survey, but on a couple of occasions, they've caught me when I've been in a hurry, and I've said I'm sorry, I don't have time to take a survey right now, and they're perfectly nice about it.

So, no, please nobody take out any frustration on the survey takers. They didn't make the decision to increase the prices, nor did any of the front-line CMs at the resort.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I am trying to get official information from Disney about renewals and AP vouchers, because I've already seen people post conflicting info they say they received from DL cast members.
    I tried renewing online before calling Guest Services. They said that you can't renew until 40 days before your pass expires.

BUT, you can still renew at the old AP prices if you do it before July 1st. So if your pass expires within that time period, you're in luck!

WHOA! I am REALLY happy we bought our tickets for our December trip a few weeks ago! Interesting that they're discontinuing the 6-day hoppers. We would have had to buy multiple tickets per person if we had waited.

This is just a crazy increase. Sure there are new things to see, but WOW!

Wilderness Explorer with Premium AP JunJunM3's Avatar

*sigh* And here I am thinking that the Premium AP will probably jump to $550 tops. $649!!!!!! Boy was I waaaaaayy off!

I guess they are really REALLY dead serious in controlling and keeping the no. of AP holders in a more manageable level.

Last edited by JunJunM3; 05-18-2012 at 04:56 PM.