Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Details of new Extra Magic Hours schedule and Annual Passholder Early Entry offer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Details of new Extra Magic Hours schedule and Annual Passholder Early Entry offer

Thanks to a kind cast member reader, we can now confirm details of the new Extra Magic Hours schedule and Annual Passholder Early Entry offer for the Disneyland Resort this summer. A few things to note - Disney is now making a distinction between Extra Magic Hours and Magic Mornings - EMH is the new name for the perk offered to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests, while Magic Morning is the term for the perk offered to those who have purchased certain qualifying admission tickets. Also, the Annual Passholder Early Entry is NOT an on-demand perk - you must register in advance, and you can only use it once at each park during the offer period.

The new policy goes into effect Monday, June 18th:

Extra Magic Hours

Extra Magic Hours will be offered at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, allowing Guests at Hotels of the Disneyland Resort to enjoy select offerings at a different park on each day of their stay, beginning one hour prior to scheduled opening. This will be a continuous, ongoing benefit for resort hotel Guests.

• Updated July 22: From July 16, through Sept. 29, 2012, Extra Magic Hours will be offered 7 days a week at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Disneyland Resort hotel guests can choose to visit either park each morning; those with park hopper tickets can visit both parks during the Extra Magic Hours period if desired.
    • Extra Magic Hours will be offered at Disney California Adventure Park on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It will include access to select attractions, food & beverage and merchandise locations in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier, subject to availability.
    • Extra Magic Hours will be offered at Disneyland Park on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, similar to the current Magic Morning benefit.

Annual Passholder Early Entry

Annual Passholders will have the opportunity to register for Annual Passholder Early Entry, and enjoy a select Disneyland Resort theme park beginning one hour prior to scheduled opening on most days between June 18 and Sept. 13.

• AP Early Entry will be offered most mornings at the opposite theme park from the one hosting Extra Magic Hours: Disneyland Park on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; Disney California Adventure Park on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
    • Passholders must register in advance for AP Early Entry, and will be able to do so soon by visiting www.disneyland.com/aphappier. Availability is limited each morning, and Annual Passholders may only use the privilege once at each park during the summer. [Update 5/23/12 - registration is now open at this direct link: https://event-registration.disneyparks.disney.go.com/ ]

Magic Mornings

Magic Morning benefits will continue unchanged for 3-plus day ticket holders, who as part of their admission entitlement, may choose one day to enjoy Disneyland Park beginning one hour prior to opening, either Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.

• Magic Mornings overlap with Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland Park, and include access to the same offerings.
    • Magic Morning benefits are not offered to 3-plus day ticket holders at Disney California Adventure Park.
    Last edited by AVP; 07-22-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added extension of EMH period

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for tracking this down, Adrienne!!!

This seems like a good way to approach it without overwhelming the parks.
    Seems like the 'best' thing to do if one were converting an 3+day ticket to an AP would be to use the MM at Disneyland, then upgrade to the AP and immediately go and register for the next DCA AP EE.

Are you able to register an AP immediately on the AP site, or is there a lag time in it?

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Are you able to register an AP immediately on the AP site, or is there a lag time in it?
    We don't know yet, and the site isn't yet active to register.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I just assumed (silly me) it would be the same as any current general lag time in being able to access the AP website.
    Cathy

I heard this was coming, but have not seen anything official from Disney about it yet.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Mary it was in our AP newsletter in my email today!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Thanks for tracking this down, Adrienne!!!

This seems like a good way to approach it without overwhelming the parks.
    Seems like the 'best' thing to do if one were converting an 3+day ticket to an AP would be to use the MM at Disneyland, then upgrade to the AP and immediately go and register for the next DCA AP EE.

From the FAQ at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/early-entry/

Annual Passport Vouchers
    If you purchased an Annual Passport off-property (e.g. online, at Vons, etc.), and have not yet exchanged the voucher at the Disneyland Resort for an active Annual Passport, the number on the voucher is not qualified for this registration process. Please visit any Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth to activate your Annual Passport. Note that there will be a one-day waiting period after this activation process before the registration system will be able to validate your Annual Passport.
    New Annual Passports
    If you just activated your Annual Passport, it will be updated in the registration system by the following day. Please wait one day before attempting to register again. If you are still experiencing difficulties with validation, please contact Annual Passport Member Services at (714) 781-PASS (7277).
    Newly Renewed/Upgraded Annual Passports
    If you just renewed, upgraded, or made any changes to your Annual Passport, it will be updated in the registration system by the following day. Please wait one day before attempting to register again. If you are still experiencing difficulties with validation, please contact Annual Passport Member Services at (714) 781-PASS (7277).

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

It says this will be a ongoing continuous benefit for guests of the hotels. I hope so this will be really nice for our Christmas visit.

Summer trip here I come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsdisney68 View Post
    It says this will be a ongoing continuous benefit for guests of the hotels. I hope so this will be really nice for our Christmas visit.
    It's going to be an incentive for folks to book Disney resort hotels rather than Good Neighbor properties, that's for sure.
    Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

As one who always stays on site this is fabulous news! Thank you, Disney!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysle View Post
    Thanks!!!!
    Cathy

Does anyone know if the Cars Land attractions have been confirmed as attractions that will be available during the early entry?

Blog Entries

Ugh. Well, I have to say, I WAS warned this would happen. I had posted a thread last month and people said my one-day plan might get foiled due to new EMH or MMH. It has. Ok. So we'll see what we can see in one day and just be happy with that. It's not the first trip to Disneyland, nor will it be the last. I'm lucky to have my one day, as CRAZY as it might be! I'll look forward to finding out what people end up saying about DCA Carsland lines, EMH lines for Carsland (if applicable) and then I'll form a plan with all that info at a later date. We go in mid-July. Things should be a bit more ironed out by then, wouldn't you all agree? Serves me right for planning so early.

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

The FAQs posted about new/upgraded APs answered my question about being able to upgrade a PH to an AP and go to early AP entry the same day, even if it would otherwise be a blockout day. So only those with PAPs can go to the AP early entry on Saturday.

Am I the only one thinking that the AP early entry at DL on M, W F is going to be pretty empty? -- Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
    So only those with PAPs can go to the AP early entry on Saturday.

Am I the only thinking that the AP early entry at DL on M, W F is going to be pretty empty? -- Suzanne
    I was looking at this for the CA Adventure and Deluxe passholders cannot go on any Saturday except 8/25 and 9/8. They can go any Sunday except 9/2 and can go on any Tuesday or Thursday without restriction.

So Cal Passholders cannot go on any Saturday. They can go Sundays on 6/24, 8/26, and 9/9. They can go Tuesdays on 6/19, 6/26, 8/21, 8/28, 9/4, 9/11 and Thursdays on 6/28, 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, and 9/13.

So Cal Select Passholders can never go on Saturdays or Sundays. They can go Tuesdays on 8/21, 8/28, 9/4, and 9/11. They can go Thursdays on 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, and 9/13.

I expect the most crowded dates will be the ones that everyone can attend so I plan on avoiding those dates like the plague. I have no idea what the capacity will be for each event or how many Premium passholders there are, but if everyone in my group had a premium pass, I would definitely go on a Saturday that was blocked out to everyone else.

I don't currently see myself taking time off work to take advantage of an early entry at Disneyland. If I did, it would be M or F, so I'm guessing W will be the least crowded day. It is nice to have the offer at both parks, for those who do travel from far away to take advantage of these offers.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I was looking at this for the CA Adventure ....
    When I have time on Sunday I am going to enter these dates into my Google Calendar and plan accordingly for the summer! I don't see any other way to export it aside from printing out it. Anyway, this will be fun. I've never done a Disney calendar before (Gotta keep track of Magic Mornings now too).

Just to reiterate, in order to take advantage of the AP MM's you have to register/reserve a date in advance, right? If you have to cancel/reschedule, will you miss out on the MMH for that specific park? Or will you get your "day" back?

Hmmm... looks like we'll have to do some strategic planning. My group for a trip in July consists of 2 PAP holders and 3 people with 6 day park hoppers. We'll all be staying at the Grand Californian. I'll have to spend some time deciding what would be the best way to schedule our mornings.

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

disneylandaddict13 keep in mind that it doesn't matter which tickets/ap's you hold if you are a hotel guest. You have to had admission media but what gets you in will be your hotel keys. Our last visit we had to give them the names of every guest in the room and when I checked in we got keys for each one with their name printed on it. So now every morning that you're there you can do the early entry, it'll just depend which day at which park and what operating hours they will be running DCA for the summer time.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I just assumed (silly me) it would be the same as any current general lag time in being able to access the AP website.
    And what is that lag time?

Question: if I purchase an AP between June 18 and Sept 13; will I have access to this benefit; or will I have to purchase prior to registration opening?

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

So in other words, if I am staying at a Disneyland hotel on a Friday and Saturday night I do not get early entry to DCA because EMH is only offered at Disneyland on Saturday and Sunday? Unless I use my one-time AP entry assuming my hotel stay and my ability to pre-register coincide? I would think staying in a Disney hotel at that cost (either cash or DVC points) would entitle me to at least one weekend morning early entry to DCA. (sorry, I'm having a Disney day.) Probably not surprising but this really favors the out-of-town guests.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Teddi,

The Annual Passholder and Extra Magic Hours days are at different parks each day, and Magic Mornings for people with Park Hoppers is ONLY at Disneyland.

So, Annual Passholders and people with Park Hoppers have Disneyland access on different days: APs get Monday, Wednesday, Friday; PHs get the other four days.

In DCA, Hotel Guests get access on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; APs get the other four days.

A group consisting of a mix of APs and PHs will never have access to the same park on the same day. Non-APs only have DCA access if they are staying on property.

I hope this helps. I know it's not the answer you want.

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

What type of admission media to you use, corona, that you wouldn't have at least "it" one day?
    I think corona is talking about DCA early entry. Though I don't think you can compare DL MM crowds to DCA early entry crowds because they are more limited. Likely, the AP early entry days will have less people already in the park at public opening.

no mystery - not holding an AP, not using a 3+ PH, not staying at a Disneyland Hotel ...

and the previous post specifically stated Disneyland Park

I repeat

Bleh!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    not using a 3+ PH
    Ah, see this idea is foreign to me since I have to fly a couple thousand miles to get there, going for just 2 days makes no sense! (My one-way airfare is more expensive than a 4 day hopper, even at the new prices).

I agree Bleh! Good word for it!
    Cathy