Thanks to a kind cast member reader, we can now confirm details of the new Extra Magic Hours schedule and Annual Passholder Early Entry offer for the Disneyland Resort this summer. A few things to note - Disney is now making a distinction between Extra Magic Hours and Magic Mornings - EMH is the new name for the perk offered to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests, while Magic Morning is the term for the perk offered to those who have purchased certain qualifying admission tickets. Also, the Annual Passholder Early Entry is NOT an on-demand perk - you must register in advance, and you can only use it once at each park during the offer period.
The new policy goes into effect Monday, June 18th:
Extra Magic Hours
Extra Magic Hours will be offered at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, allowing Guests at Hotels of the Disneyland Resort to enjoy select offerings at a different park on each day of their stay, beginning one hour prior to scheduled opening. This will be a continuous, ongoing benefit for resort hotel Guests.
- Updated July 22: From July 16, through Sept. 29, 2012, Extra Magic Hours will be offered 7 days a week at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Disneyland Resort hotel guests can choose to visit either park each morning; those with park hopper tickets can visit both parks during the Extra Magic Hours period if desired.
- Extra Magic Hours will be offered at Disney California Adventure Park on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It will include access to select attractions, food & beverage and merchandise locations in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier, subject to availability.
- Extra Magic Hours will be offered at Disneyland Park on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, similar to the current Magic Morning benefit.
Annual Passholder Early Entry
Annual Passholders will have the opportunity to register for Annual Passholder Early Entry, and enjoy a select Disneyland Resort theme park beginning one hour prior to scheduled opening on most days between June 18 and Sept. 13.
- AP Early Entry will be offered most mornings at the opposite theme park from the one hosting Extra Magic Hours: Disneyland Park on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; Disney California Adventure Park on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Passholders must register in advance for AP Early Entry, and will be able to do so soon by visiting www.disneyland.com/aphappier. Availability is limited each morning, and Annual Passholders may only use the privilege once at each park during the summer. [Update 5/23/12 - registration is now open at this direct link: https://event-registration.disneyparks.disney.go.com/ ]
Magic Morning benefits will continue unchanged for 3-plus day ticket holders, who as part of their admission entitlement, may choose one day to enjoy Disneyland Park beginning one hour prior to opening, either Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
- Magic Mornings overlap with Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland Park, and include access to the same offerings.
- Magic Morning benefits are not offered to 3-plus day ticket holders at Disney California Adventure Park.