Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Only 2 Characters? Goofey's

Only 2 Characters? Goofey's

I had recommended Goofey's Kitchen to some friends last week (first time at Disneyland). Told them how wonderful Goofey's is for meeting some fun characters. Anyways, only two characters were there.... they stayed an hour and half. They were nice about it but disappointed not more came. Has anyone else experienced this? This happened Wednesday of last week. Thanks

2. # ADS

Did your friends talk to management or any staff about the situation? I am never a fan of paying extra money for a character meal and not having that experience. You said they stayed 30 mins, are you talking about the characters or your friends? If your friends only stayed 30 mins that could be part of the problem. They might have missed the start of a new rotation. I am a big proponent of speaking the the staff, nicely of course, to resolve any questions or issues. Sure beats leaving disappointed or angry.

We are done with character meals in our house. My boys are too big now and after having to talk to management about why my then 12 year old daughter was getting passed up by all the characters at the Character Breakfast at the Grand Californian, we have decided just to see characters the old fashioned way. However, the staff at the Grand fixed the problem with my daughter right away and I was quite pleased with that. She only ended up missing Brer Bear.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

They stayed 1.5 hours, sorry for the confusion

My friend was going to write a letter, I think talking to the staff would have brought quick resolution (maybe someone called in sick?).

I've never ever seen that few. Maybe they missed characters while getting food or participating in the dancing?? Did they see more characters in the restaurant just not at their table?

Blog Entries

I have had that happen at Minnie's. I usually handle things at the restaurant. In the case I had, I wrote a detailed letter explaining what happened. (Just the facts, no emotions.) My intent was simply to let them know what happened. I provided copies of receipts to back up my times. Disney provided me vouchers for another character meal (which I used at Goofy's.)

But if I am not seeing "enough" characters, I simply let my server know, that has always worked at Goofy's. (It did not work at Minnies, they kept telling me "Just stay at your table, they will be by...")

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Berit76 View Post
    They stayed 1.5 hours, sorry for the confusion
    I just read it wrong.

I agree since they are past the point of talking to anyone, a letter explaining the situation like Malcom stated is probably the way to go.
    Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

The same thing happened at Minnies to us in March of '11. We had PS but sat outside. only three of the six characters that were around came to our table. When I asked about it, they said the characters had to leave because we were so close to closing the breakfast.

in March '12 we decided to try Goofy's. We had some good interaction with the characters that we saw (they all ended up back at our table 3 times). But we were waiting for the other characters to come. We asked about the rest of the characters after our 1.5 hour time was up. they said to sit tight and they would be there in 15 minutes. The manager came over to talk to us and apologize to our table and the other three families in the section. but we did finally get to see them.

We have been to Goofy's and had only three characters come to our table even though we had been there over an hour. Other characters for some reason just kept passing our section by. We eventually asked our server to help get some more characters sent our way so that we could leave soon and they could turn our table over.

We're going to DL in August for the first time and plan to have either a breakfast or dinner at Goofy's. What would be the minimum number of characters you would expect to see at your table? Does it vary between breakfast and dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by JessL View Post
    We're going to DL in August for the first time and plan to have either a breakfast or dinner at Goofy's. What would be the minimum number of characters you would expect to see at your table? Does it vary between breakfast and dinner?
    We always see at least 5. Doesn't matter which meal.

We went Saturday of Easter weekend. There were maybe 4 characters all right at the beginning then nothing. Pluto had a spill on the way to our table and didn't return (I hope he was ok). The restaurant was only maybe 1/3 full, I've never seen it that dead. I think we had a 10:30 reservation. There were none of the usual dances or participatory things we've seen in the past. They made some announcement to dance at your table or something. We haven't gone for a few years. My "kids" are 16 so they weren't disappointed.

We have had a experience of being seated in character wasteland, the area at the far end of the restaurant past the buffet. That time I did ask our server twice, my kiddo was 6 then, and they sent over one character. I think there were only 2 the whole time we were there.