Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Breakfast in May

Breakfast in May

Coming to DL May 11-14th for my 5 yr wedding anniversary (May 12) . Been to DL many times but we always have breakfast at carnation. Carnation is going to be closed. =-( . Can anyone give me any recommendations of where in the parks to eat? How is the Jolly Holiday Bakery? Do they have more then just bake goods to eat?
    TIA

You forgot to mention cute and fluffy! -- Stitch

2. # ADS

Loving my sweet pea.

The Jolly Holiday has at least quiche on the breakfast menu. At that time of day I believe it is served with a side of fruit. My favorite in park place to eat is at the Riverbelle Terrace. Pancakes and breakfast meats, eggs, biscuits, waffles, and a huge fruit plate. Now that they make you pay after you already have your food, I stop at the cash register first and politely wait for a moment to ask for a plate lid. I hold onto that and place it over my food to help it keep warm. In the early morning, that area of the park is just about deserted, and you can watch the ships pass by. It really is magical. If you've not tried it, I heartily recommend it.

Loving my sweet pea.

Here is the Riverbelle menu.

What about a character breakfast?

Breakfast in May

There's the Minnie & Friends.

We like Riverbelle, and Minnie's.

thanks, I might try Riverbelle, the lid for the tray is a good tip. We ate at riverbelle last time and I remember standing in line with my food behind a large group at the register and my food getting cold. As far as character breakfast, I don't have any kids with me and it's a bit pricey I think. Has anyone tried Tomorrow land terrace for breakfast?

The food at Tommorowland Terrace is very similar to Riverbelle, only the price included your drink. It still tends to be a peaceful area at breakfast but not as picturesque. You order and pick up after, but I think they are premade platters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Princess View Post
    thanks, I might try Riverbelle, the lid for the tray is a good tip. We ate at riverbelle last time and I remember standing in line with my food behind a large group at the register and my food getting cold. As far as character breakfast, I don't have any kids with me and it's a bit pricey I think. Has anyone tried Tomorrow land terrace for breakfast?
    I've done Minnie and Friends and I don't have kids. It's $23.99 and it's alot of fun with the characters!
    Siggy aka Jill

We've done tomorrowland terrace the past couple of times for breakfast. They have French toast which I don't think the riverbelle has. We love both places though

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Just to clarify, aren't they french toast sticks? I think my kids have ordered them, now that you mention it.

Nope...they're triangles...4 triangles per order. We order 2 of those and a fruit plate and that's enough for our family.

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    The food at Tommorowland Terrace is very similar to Riverbelle, only the price included your drink. It still tends to be a peaceful area at breakfast but not as picturesque. You order and pick up after, but I think they are premade platters.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Just to clarify, aren't they french toast sticks? I think my kids have ordered them, now that you mention it.
    The Tomorrowland Terrace menu was changed a year or two ago. When they did that, they stopped including beverages with the price for breakfast meals. Also, the French toast sticks changed to triangles. I think they also removed the breakfast croissant sandwich. There is a breakfast burrito though, and I can't remember if that used to be an option. Overall, we felt the portions got smaller, and the prices went up, not that this is a new trend or anything.

Jolly Holiday bakery has lots of pastries and treats but certainly not a breakfast on par with one of the sit-down restaurants.

We like Riverbelle Terrace for the atmosphere. The food is ok. Tomorrowland Terrace we classify as fast food breakfast, nothing wrong with it but nothing special either.

If you are not absolutely committed to eating inside Disneyland, I have two other suggestions for you. The Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA serves a bread bowl with scrambled eggs and bacon or a croissant sandwich with eggs, cheese, and bacon. It's a fairly peaceful spot in the morning time if you happen to be planning to be in that park. If you want a full sit-down breakfast, Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel does a very nice, reasonably priced for what you get, good quality, good tasting breakfast.

Agree about Jolly Holiday bakery. Mainly pastries and treats for breakfast. We've been to Riverbelle Terrace a couple of times, but I'd almost rather skip breakfast in the park and eat in Downtown Disney (La Brea Bakery) or at one of the DL hotels. I've been disappointed with Riverbelle. It's usually more crowded than it looks, and the tables are positioned so close together inside. It's awkward. To be honest, I don't know if there are any other restaurants open for breakfast in Downtown Disney besides La Brea Bakery. Does anyone know?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if there are any other restaurants open for breakfast in Downtown Disney besides La Brea Bakery. Does anyone know?
    I've never been to any of these but Ralph Brennan's Express offers breakfast and so does Catal (this blows my mind for some reason). Catal even has a kids menu. Whitewater Snacks in the California Grand hotel offers breakfasts, including Mickey Waffles, oatmeal, and several other choices and leaves you very close to the hotel's DCA entrance when you're finished.

You can also get the quiche in the morning at the Jolly Holiday if you want something with protein.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    I've never been to any of these but Ralph Brennan's Express offers breakfast and so does Catal (this blows my mind for some reason). Catal even has a kids menu. Whitewater Snacks in the California Grand hotel offers breakfasts, including Mickey Waffles, oatmeal, and several other choices and leaves you very close to the hotel's DCA entrance when you're finished.
    Oh, my gosh, I had NO IDEA that Catal had breakfast either! I am going to look at their menu ASAP. And Ralph Brennan's Express -- that would be fun. Have you been there? If so, did you like it? I had croissants, coffee, fruit cup a couple of times at La Brea Bakery long ago, before the remodel. It was fine, but had a long line.

Blog Entries
    Oh, my gosh, I had NO IDEA that Catal had breakfast either! I am going to look at their menu ASAP. And Ralph Brennan's Express -- that would be fun. Have you been there? If so, did you like it? I had croissants, coffee, fruit cup a couple of times at La Brea Bakery long ago, before the remodel. It was fine, but had a long line.
    As I said, I've never been to any of these. All I did was look up current menus.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

We've eaten at Ralph Brennan's Express a couple of times. Hubby and I shared a breakfast sandwich and beignets. Delish, quick, and easy.

I've been disappointed with Riverbelle. It's usually more crowded than it looks, and the tables are positioned so close together inside.
    That may be true, but the magic of the RT is sitting outside and enjoying the sunshine while watching the watercraft working their way around the Rivers of America.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

The Breakfast crowd at Riverbelle isn't usually that big. Even inside we can usually find a table that isn't too close to other people, but I really enjoy sitting outside watching the Mark Twain go by. That part of the park is usually still pretty quiet as well.

Thanks all, Does the little snack bar at the grand californian. I think it's called White Water, still serve hot breakfasts?

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    That may be true, but the magic of the RT is sitting outside and enjoying the sunshine while watching the watercraft working their way around the Rivers of America.
    I was thinking of our last (most recent) trip -- when it was raining and we had to eat inside. You're right, outside is always nicer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Princess View Post
    Thanks all, Does the little snack bar at the grand californian. I think it's called White Water, still serve hot breakfasts?
    Yes. See post 16. They also sell a breakfast burrito and biscuit sandwich. No "plate" breakfasts though.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherya View Post
    We've done tomorrowland terrace the past couple of times for breakfast. They have French toast which I don't think the riverbelle has. We love both places though
    For whatever reason I LOVE the french toast at TLT. I try to eat it every trip if I can. I enjoy the RBT too! I had never eaten there until some very smart MPers took me