Thread: Mouse Tales' David Koenig: Grad Nite-mare

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Mouse Tales' David Koenig: Grad Nite-mare

Grad Nite-mare by David Koenig

Disneyland to mix it up at upcoming Grad Nites

Read it here!

2. # ADS

While Disney is known for thinking outside of the box, and bucking traditions once in a while, I think this may well be a mistake. I usually don't fault Disney for making changes, but when safety is sacrificed for the bottom line, I take exception. As a parent I know how I would feel. Grad Nite use to be a very well controlled event that you could feel safe about, as long as your child was well fairly well behaved. I don't understand how the Disney lawyers didn't get involved with this one, and I have a feeling it will change back in the future.

My question is, what is going to happen on June 14th? There is a grad night scheduled, but DCA is closed. Looks like regular attendees as well as grads will be getting the short end of the stick on that day.

BAZINGA!!!

The only thing I love more than Disney, is my family.

David, this plan for Grad Nites was only intended for this year, wasn't it? IIRC, next year the Grad Niters will be only at DCA... and I assume that after the problems they'll have with this year's events, the park will probably be locked down again.

Paul,
    The tentative plan is to repeat this system (or as much of it works) next year, including the mix-in, but just at DCA. If that comes to pass, most of the potential drawbacks would remain. However, you're right, if there are big problems this year, it should be easier to close DCA early multiple nights in May and June 2013 vs. Disneyland.