Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Yay we got the Beach Club Villas!

Yay we got the Beach Club Villas!

I am so excited, and I knew my fellow MP would appreicate my excitement. We were waitlisted for the BCV for October (our first time during this time of year) and we got it!! Our boys will be just 4, and they love the pool. We were staying at BLT which isn't bad, but Stormalong Bay can't be beat. Plus it will be nice to be able to walk around the BW at night. I'm just so happy it came through!!

2. # ADS

congratulations! i'm sure you'll all have a fabulous time

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's great! I'm kind of shocked that an October waitlist came through -- given that it's Food & Wine fest time! You can plan a couple of meals by noshing around (part of) the world, easily, now!

Cathy

My kids loved the BCV and Stormalong Bay. I'm afraid we've spoiled ourselves from ever staying anywhere else again.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

We completely understand your excitement! YAY!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Visiting WDW Since 1982

Even without children, BCV is a terrific place to stay!

Stan

Oh CONGRATS!! We recently walked around that resort and had lunch at Beaches and Cream -- Fun times!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    That's great! I'm kind of shocked that an October waitlist came through -- given that it's Food & Wine fest time! You can plan a couple of meals by noshing around (part of) the world, easily, now!
    I was thinking this very thing, Cathy! ;-)

congrats!! have a great trip!

We are usually on a wait-list for the BCV because OKW is our home resort. In the past, the wait-list has always come through, but I was worried about this one. I knew it was the Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP so I wasn't sure. We love the BCV! My boys love the pool, we love Beaches n Cream, and it's so close to BW that it's a nice stroll at night. I wouldn't have been too disappointed with BLT, but I really wanted my boys to be able to swim at stormalong bay. We are saving one day to just hang by the pool, and it just wouldn't have been the same at BLT. Plus, the access to B n C is great too!

My family and I stayed at BCV in March. It was our first stay at an Epcot area property, and we enjoyed it immensely. It was great to be able to walk over to Epcot, or take the boat to Studios and then walk back. Coincidently, this was our first visit where we had Park Hoppers, and since most of our dining reservations were in Epcot, it made it easy to spend the day wherever we wanted, them head back to the hotel for a quick walk over to Epcot. Our home resort is BLT, which allows walking over to MK, or Monorail to the TTC and then Epcot, so that has its plusses as well. While we did not eat there on this trip, we have dined at Yachtsman's a few times, and enjoyed that as well. I am sure you will have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
    My family and I stayed at BCV in March. It was our first stay at an Epcot area property, and we enjoyed it immensely. It was great to be able to walk over to Epcot, or take the boat to Studios and then walk back. Coincidently, this was our first visit where we had Park Hoppers, and since most of our dining reservations were in Epcot, it made it easy to spend the day wherever we wanted, them head back to the hotel for a quick walk over to Epcot. Our home resort is BLT, which allows walking over to MK, or Monorail to the TTC and then Epcot, so that has its plusses as well. While we did not eat there on this trip, we have dined at Yachtsman's a few times, and enjoyed that as well. I am sure you will have a great time.
    This is why I wished we had park hoppers.
    Shannon

It's so nice to be able to walk into Epcot from BCV, and Stormalong Bay is a blast. We love the whole area around Crescent Lake.

DVC Mike

Visiting WDW Since 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    In our last visit I believe we had seven-day passes. I think we closed MK and HS once each, but the rest of the time we'd end up our evening at Epcot, then walk back to BCV. Hoppers are perfect for us!
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I have an annual pass, so of course park hopping is included. But I just can't imagine being restricted to one park per day. There are so many times when say DAK is closing at 6pm, and then I just bop over to Epcot or the MK for the rest of the evening. Hopping is absolutely essential, IMO!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I have an annual pass, so of course park hopping is included. But I just can't imagine being restricted to one park per day. There are so many times when say DAK is closing at 6pm, and then I just bop over to Epcot or the MK for the rest of the evening. Hopping is absolutely essential, IMO!
    For a first trip and with 4 kids, travel time and cost of park hopping for 5 tickets was a factor. Now that I've been I would've done a lot differently. We really didn't need a full 2nd day for MK since we did the Halloween party too, so I would've hopped that day. But it would've been great just for the Epcot food factor because of where we were staying.
    Shannon

Visiting WDW Since 1982

I would agree with Shannon: when we stayed off-site we were much less likely to hop, but staying in an Epcot-area resort, it's just too dang convenient! In fact, I've often thought that they should give you a free hopping upgrade for staying on site.

Stan

It's one of those benefits that I don't necessarily need to use every day - just knowing I have the option to hop has great value to me.

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It's one of those benefits that I don't necessarily need to use every day - just knowing I have the option to hop has great value to me.
    Yeah, I tried to save money one year by not getting the park hopper and I felt so handcuffed. It's a nice perk to have in your pocket, even if you never use it.
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

I could not visit and not hop!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Agreed.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Never been there without my park hopper! (except when there was only 1 park!)

Visiting WDW Since 1982

come to think of it, neither have I

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Never been there without my park hopper! (except when there was only 1 park!)
    I was there one time with that condition - back in 1979, 3 years before E.P.C.O.T.!
    - James Taylor