Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Which way is best to renew AP?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which way is best to renew AP?

I wasn't going to renew my pass in May (as I am not going again till June). I was going to buy a new pass in June etc etc. However the paperwork came in the mail and gives me a 20$ off and a coupon for park goodies. Anyways, is it better to do it directly on the AP section on Disneyland's website or should I send in the paper renewal? What is the process after I have renewed? Do I get a pass in the mail or do I pick it up at the ticket counter???

You will get it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    You will get it in the mail.
    How long does it take? So would you recommend that I renew directly online? Or mail in?

Remember, if you renew you're likely paying for time that you won't be there. You have to decide if that $20 savings is worth more than the extra time you'd get by not renewing till your trip in June. I have APs for both DL and WDW, but I never renew - I wait till my next trip. That way I might get as much as 6 months extra by waiting. For me it's worth much more than the $20 savings.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Someone around here did the math and it is not a very long time before the renewal becomes less of a bargain than a new pass. I want to say less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Someone around here did the math and it is not a very long time before the renewal becomes less of a bargain than a new pass. I want to say less than a month.
    It's less than a month till my trip, I was concerned about the possible price increase in June.