Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Question about a Tables in Wonderland dinner

Question about a Tables in Wonderland dinner

Got the email from TIW about the dinner in the Great Movie Ride 6/15 and 6/16.

Tables in Wonderland

Special Event

The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disneys Hollywood Studios

Friday June 15 and Saturday June 16, 2012

8:00 10:30pm

Arrive at Disneys Hollywood Studios and walk through the courtyard of the Majestic Graumann's Chinese Theatre. Then you will be invited to come inside The Great Movie Ride after the attraction is closed with exclusive backstage VIP access!

We've cleared the track for you to walk through and dine inside the attraction where you will experience some of the most classic scenes in motion picture history. Sets from Busby Berkeley musicals, crime dramas, old-fashioned Westerns, and more!

Price: $165.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

Does anyone know if you need a park ticket also?

We have friends that have a TIW card (you can buy one as a FL resident, no AP needed) and if we don't need to buy park tix, it may be a really fun night!

TIA!

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's a great question. I think I'd call the TIW people and ask. Most of their stuff isn't in the parks. I did do a tea-paired luncheon with them and it was great.

Cathy

Wow that's expensive!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

yes, it's expensive, but it would be a great (adults only!!) experience.

our kids will be away at camp so we like to do something for just us when they're gone.

Jenn

Blog Entries

I read the email notice a few times - and saw NO reference to either 'park admission not included' or 'park admission required' or anything along those lines.

I think it's probably safe to assume that you won't need park admission -- but I'd include that question in my email RSVP.

Cathy

The only event I have personal experience with is the DiveQuest at Epcot, where park admission wasn't required and they let us into the park after the dive. That was quite a few years ago, but it might be an indication that they might not require park admission for this event.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

This would be SO incredibly COOL!!!! Can you imagine walking through GMR? Wow!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Yes, it would be great. I'm not sure if it would be $165 great, but still pretty cool.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I'm sure you're all waiting with bated (?) breath for the answer, I emailed the TiW people on Saturday, no answer yet.

I know the price seems excessive, but if the food is good (and I really hope it would be) the experience would be worth it to us, as a special event, not part of a "regular" WDW trip.

Jenn

Blog Entries

I think the TIW events have set an expectation for great food. And there ARE quite a few courses being served here (at least 4, maybe 5 - I don't have the email right in front of me). The only thing that kind of was unusual, especially given the price point of this one, is that they didn't identify the wine being served by course. That seemed a little 'red flag' to me if you are one who enjoys pairings.

Cathy