Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Screen Reviews: The Avengers

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Screen Reviews: The Avengers

The Avengers by Alex Stroup

Disney's purchase of Marvel gets them a piece of what looks to be a very big pie.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I liked Captain America. I think it needed a bit more story about how he got to present day but it is one of my favorite movies. I agree Iron Man 2 is lacking but I can't wait to see Robert Downey Jr. reprise his role. Too bad they had to get Mark Ruffalo to play the Hulk as I hear there were many issues getting Ed Norton to come back.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

I'm so confused. Hulk was lackluster but Thor was okay? I guess I'd agree that The Avengers was good, but you had me thrown by being upside down on the other reviews.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

I didn't see The Incredible Hulk, so have no opinion on it (Ang Lee's Hulk killed any interest). Yes, I didn't much care for Captain America. It wasn't horrible, it just didn't grab me much. Thor was a better experience but still didn't blow me away. I'd argue that in The Avengers, Captain America is still the weakest link in the group (but used well in the movie).

Maybe we can find common ground in Iron Man being good and Iron Man 2 being less good.

As concerns The Incredible Hulk / Dr. Banner character , I think Ruffalo put out a much more nuanced, believable, and professional performance as Dr. Banner than did Ed Norton in the 2008 titled Hulk film (I'm purposefully ignoring the 2003 film). I was pleased to hear that he's signed a contract for the next six (possible) films. Additionally, the CGI Hulk in The Avengers was by far a more believable entity with a much more realistic look than in "The Incredible Hulk", reflecting I think both inevitable technological advancement with increased artists' skill. I think Alex is right on with his suggestions for necessary film viewings to set the stage for seeing The Avengers, although I think I would add in Iron Man to give needed background for the Tony Stark character and his motivations.

- Tony