Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marriott Anaheim - Disney Way [Convention Way]

Marriott Anaheim - Disney Way [Convention Way]

I'm confused -- I went to the Mouseplanet user reviews for the Marriott Anaheim (on Disney Way, near the Convention Center), but the most current review seems to be from 2006. Is that correct? Or am I missing another section on the boards somewhere? I haven't stayed at this hotel yet, but we're thinking of doing so in a couple of weeks. Is there any other place on here where I can find a more current review? I feel like I'm looking in the the wrong places, under the wrong tabs. If not, has anyone been there recently -- and can you tell me what you thought of the hotel? Ie., is it walkable to Disneyland's main gate (20 minutes or so?). Are the rooms standard sized, or a bit bigger? In the hotel's photos, they look huge of course. Is there a hotel shuttle? Thanks all.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    I'm confused -- I went to the Mouseplanet user reviews for the Marriott Anaheim (on Disney Way, near the Convention Center), but the most current review seems to be from 2006. Is that correct? Or am I missing another section on the boards somewhere? I haven't stayed at this hotel yet, but we're thinking of doing so in a couple of weeks. Is there any other place on here where I can find a more current review? I feel like I'm looking in the the wrong places, under the wrong tabs. If not, has anyone been there recently -- and can you tell me what you thought of the hotel? Ie., is it walkable to Disneyland's main gate (20 minutes or so?). Are the rooms standard sized, or a bit bigger? In the hotel's photos, they look huge of course. Is there a hotel shuttle? Thanks all.
    Are you referring to the Anaheim Marriott at 700 Convention way? I have stayed there and very much enjoyed staying there! No Shuttle-ART is right out front! The room we had was decent sized. I stayed there a year ago October.
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Are you referring to the Anaheim Marriott at 700 Convention way? I have stayed there and very much enjoyed staying there! No Shuttle-ART is right out front! The room we had was decent sized. I stayed there a year ago October.
    Yes, that's the one -- for some reason I thought it was on Disney Way, though. But it's basically next to the convention center. Can you easily walk to Disneyland from there? I'm assuming you walk over to Harbor . . . right? Good to know about the shuttle. I've never taken ART before. Thanks!

Yes, that's the one -- for some reason I thought it was on Disney Way, though. But it's basically next to the convention center. Can you easily walk to Disneyland from there? I'm assuming you walk over to Harbor . . . right? Good to know about the shuttle. I've never taken ART before. Thanks!
    Well, I use a scooter and have used that to get there. I am sure you could walk it but I am thinking when coming home you might not want to walk it.
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries

It's maybe a 20-minute walk, or slightly less? I'm a pretty good walker but I'd take ART at least some of the time. (Being me, I'd grab a taxi home one night from the Grand or DTD simply because I don't like waiting when I'm tired; $10-12 with tip.)

The Toy Story parking lot is not far away, across the street. I've not done it from there so I'm not sure if grabbing the bus from there would be more time efficient than ART or walking but it's free and Disney doesn't mind if you take it.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

It's a great hotel, slightly better than the standard full-service Marriott. Customer service is great. The walk is absolutely do-able--anyone who can walk around the parks all day can survive the 15-20 minute extra to get to/from the hotel. You can either go to Harbor and around that way or over to Disneyland Dr and come in through the GCH.

One of the best deals this hotel offers is a special Disney package for $229 a night that includes parking and a $100 Disney gift card per night. So you're basically staying for a little over a hundred bucks a night and earning Marriott Rewards points on Disney spending money!

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

i have noticed that the reviews are way old and not kept up alot of even the good nabor hotels are not even listed

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    It's a great hotel, slightly better than the standard full-service Marriott. Customer service is great. The walk is absolutely do-able--anyone who can walk around the parks all day can survive the 15-20 minute extra to get to/from the hotel. You can either go to Harbor and around that way or over to Disneyland Dr and come in through the GCH.

One of the best deals this hotel offers is a special Disney package for $229 a night that includes parking and a $100 Disney gift card per night. So you're basically staying for a little over a hundred bucks a night and earning Marriott Rewards points on Disney spending money!
    Wow a $100 gift card every night that is a big bonus!
    Last edited by katierella; 05-05-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: drinking

I didn't notice a Disney package on their website. But since we haven't booked the room yet, I'm going to check or at least call them up tonight and ask about it. That would be fantastic. I don't like paying for parking at these hotels -- the parking is so very expensive! And the Fairfield doesn't usually charge parking. Or at least, I don't remember them charging for parking - - and that's another Marriott chain! But I suppose this is a larger hotel and near the convention center, etc. The daily "resort fee" is high, too. But the room rate is less money at the bigger Marriott than at the FAirfield this time. One time we stayed at the Doubletree and walked to/from Disneyland. It took a while, so I'm assuming the Marriott is closer, and won't be as bad. I hope.

Blog Entries
    I didn't notice a Disney package on their website. But since we haven't booked the room yet, I'm going to check or at least call them up tonight and ask about it. That would be fantastic. I don't like paying for parking at these hotels -- the parking is so very expensive! And the Fairfield doesn't usually charge parking. Or at least, I don't remember them charging for parking - - and that's another Marriott chain! But I suppose this is a larger hotel and near the convention center, etc. The daily "resort fee" is high, too. But the room rate is less money at the bigger Marriott than at the FAirfield this time. One time we stayed at the Doubletree and walked to/from Disneyland. It took a while, so I'm assuming the Marriott is closer, and won't be as bad. I hope.
    The Fairfield now charges $11 a night. It was $8 a night for about the last 2 years, and it just recently went up.

Parking at this Marriott is $24 for self parking and $28 for valet.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

The package I mentioned (which you can find on the website if you enter PKG in the special rate code box) includes self parking, or you can upgrade to valet for the difference of $4 a day.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We were regulars of this property for years when we attend an annual conference at the Convention Center. We found other properties for one reason: The Marriott was booking up too quickly - it would be sold out for that weekend before we could get a reservation - or by the time we called, the rates were way beyond what we were willing to pay for that weekend. Now we've been staying at the Anabella for that event. But that does not change my opinion of the Marriott. We loved it for years and from what we've seen visiting the property during the convention, it seems to still be pretty decent.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I did see the Disney package, and it is nice to have that $100 -- but the website says that the $100 can be used at The Disneyland Resort (among other places). I started wondering -- does this mean, you could use the money at a restaurant in one of the DLR hotels? Or at a restaurant within the park?

AdrienneK, thanks -- I am looking forward to staying there. I like the Fairfield, but at times, I feel tired and bored with it. The walk from the Doubletree last year was long -- and yet we did it, twice a day, and sometimes three times a day. It looks like the Marriott is much closer than that. I like the idea that the Marriott is a big hotel with lots of customer service and restaurants, a pool. The Fairfield has great service, but is still a small hotel. I didn't realize that there was a parking fee there. I'm wondering if the fee was waived once or twice because my husband is a Marriott awards member? I think he's a silver member, if that makes any sense. Last time we were there, they gave us a welcome bag with treats inside of it because he was an awards member. He said he's going to see if the Marriott Anaheim will waive the parking fee, but somehow I doubt that will happen!

I did see the Disney package, and it is nice to have that $100 -- but the website says that the $100 can be used at The Disneyland Resort (among other places). I started wondering -- does this mean, you could use the money at a restaurant in one of the DLR hotels? Or at a restaurant within the park?
    They won't waive the parking fee. I am platinum premier with Marriott (the highest level), and they wouldn't waive the fee! But do remember parking is included with that Disney package. The $100 per night comes in the form of a standard Disney gift card handed to you when you check in. It is good all over the property, at Disney World, on Disney Cruise Line, etc.

My husband opted not to do the Disney package -- he was worried that we wouldn't use the gift card (why? This makes no sense to me, as we have dinner reservations at DTD for one thing so I know we'd use it there) and thought the savings was nominal. I feel disappointed. I have a feeling he's going to regret his decision when we get there. I told my brother-in-law about it, though. Hopefully someone will benefit.

My husband opted not to do the Disney package -- he was worried that we wouldn't use the gift card (why? This makes no sense to me, as we have dinner reservations at DTD for one thing so I know we'd use it there) and thought the savings was nominal. I feel disappointed. I have a feeling he's going to regret his decision when we get there. I told my brother-in-law about it, though. Hopefully someone will benefit.
    The $100 gift card is a nice touch. There is one problem I see though. Let's say they are charging $225 a night which includes the $100 card (room comes down to $125). Does anyone know if they are charging the roughly 17% tax on $225 or $125? If they are charging the tax on the $225 then one is paying $17 tax on the gift card. This puts the room then in the $150 plus range ($125 plus $17).

Tax is on the full room rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Tax is on the full room rate.
    Thanks. Thought that might have been the case.

Well, we're actually here now at the hotel, so thought I'd update this. We have a room in the older tower, not the newer one. There is construction happening on Convention Way, and it's audible from our room, but not disruptive. Just an ongoing sound that we're dimly aware of. The work is going on 7 days a week. The room is very small, but clean, and nice. I'm glad we're staying here. I'm just surprised at the small space in the room. And the bathroom is extremely small too. Reminds me of the old bathrooms at the DLH -- with a single sink, etc. The service has been excellent, though. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Wherever we go in the hotel, the staff asks us if we need help, if we want anything else, if we can find our way to the parks, etc. I hadn't expected that! It's nice. I'm a slow walker (I just realized this!! Haha) and it takes me about 25 to 30 minutes to get to the front gates of Disneyland. My son says he could do it in 20 minutes. Probably so! But it's warm out, and I'm heavier than I usually am by about 12 pounds (!), so it seems to take me longer to walk over. We bought shuttle tickets to use tonight because we're all getting tired of the walk over. I'd write a review under the "Hotels" link, but since there is construction going on, and I'm not sure if this old tower is going to be renovated, I'd rather not add a review. It seems like the hotel is in flux.

I just booked this package deal with the gift cards. So we are getting 2 rooms for 5 nights each so $1000.00 in gift cards.
    Can I use these gift cards to pay for a room at the Disneyland Hotel for our next trip?

Of course! Although at standard DLH prices that will get you one room for 2-3 nights...

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toyshop3 View Post
    I just booked this package deal with the gift cards. So we are getting 2 rooms for 5 nights each so $1000.00 in gift cards.
    Can I use these gift cards to pay for a room at the Disneyland Hotel for our next trip?
    unless you booked each room as a package for each night you will only be receiving one gift card. I called and asked, one reservation no matter how long the stay = 1 gift card. 2 rooms on one reservation = ONE gift card.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    unless you booked each room as a package for each night you will only be receiving one gift card. I called and asked, one reservation no matter how long the stay = 1 gift card. 2 rooms on one reservation = ONE gift card.
    It does say "100.00 USD Disney gift card per night paid."

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Ok the clerk I talked to obviously misunderstands the offer then.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Ok the clerk I talked to obviously misunderstands the offer then.
    I was trying to figure out how to copy adn paste it, and finally did, so here goes...

Rate Rules

Disney Package, includes self parking, 100 USD Disney gift card, see Rate Rules
    Additional Information

Disney Package
    Includes
    Room Accommodations
    Self Parking (Upgrade to Valet for 7.00 USD per day)
    100.00 USD Disney Gift Card per night paid
    In case of early departure the guest will be responsible to pay
    for the gift cards received.