Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Passholder Preview of Cars Land! [Contest event]

Annual Passholder Preview of Cars Land! [Contest event]

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the link!

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

More details.... You can only enter once, you can enter and get a ticket even if your pass is blocked out that day (they give you a blockout day ticket), you can enter through May 24, and winners will be notified on or around June 4 by email (it doesn't say whether they'll notify those who didn't win... hmmm...)

Blurb from the contest page:

Enter for the Chance to Preview the Newly Re-imagined Disney California Adventure Park on June 11, 2012
    Grab this chance — only for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders — to be among the first to experience how the Happiest Place on Earth just got happier! As part of the preview, experience exciting attractions, dining and merchandise locations.

Step foot on Buena Vista Street — the main street of Disney California Adventure Park — to see the transformation. Imagine you have been transported to an idealized 1920's version of Los Angeles. Stroll past Art Deco storefronts, a sparkling fountain and see sights designed to invoke the energetic city Walt Disney discovered when he traveled to California in 1923.

And then enter a land like no other: Cars Land! Here, Radiator Springs has been brought to life and you'll feel like you've walked into the Disney•Pixar Cars movie. Cars Land comes fully loaded with exciting attractions, entertainment and plenty of Disney Character meet-and-greet opportunities. Get ready to be floored!

The expanded and re-imagined Disney California Adventure Park will open to the general public on June 15, 2012.

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

I selected all three times and asked for all six available admissions. I expect we'll have another "have tickets / want tickets" thread once the winners are announced.

We're already planning on being in town to assist with MousePlanet's coverage of the grand opening; if I win, we'll just come down early.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

I entered, but am kinda bummed since I am the only person in my family with an AP. I would really rather not go it alone! The rules seem a bit contradictory though, as they say APs that have expired after May, 2012 can attend, however they go on to say that you must have a valid AP to attend. I'm confused!

A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

It wont let me create an account for Cub since he's only 4. I want to enter him since he's an AP and increase our chances of winning. Anyone know how I can enter him if it won't let me create him an account? Or am I SOL?

ETA: Never mind, I just read the rules and you have to be 18 to enter. Bummer since I know a ton of folks who's kids are APs, too.

Karin

Thanks for sharing this, I've been anxiously awaiting to hear if they would be doing this!

Fingers crossed!
    : )

Yayay! I saw this on FB via MP and I entered

Why do I keep getting the message that I don't qualify for this drawing? I have an active premier pass, I live in L.A., and I'm definitely over 18.

Quote Originally Posted by biolabetty View Post
    Why do I keep getting the message that I don't qualify for this drawing? I have an active premier pass, I live in L.A., and I'm definitely over 18.
    Is your AP profile on Disney's webpage up-to-date/accurate? There might be something (e.g. wrong email address, wrong expiration date, etc.) that is causing a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Is your AP profile on Disney's webpage up-to-date/accurate? There might be something (e.g. wrong email address, wrong expiration date, etc.) that is causing a problem.
    Yes, I wondered that too, but everything is up to date. They must not like me.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I wondered that too, but everything is up to date. They must not like me.
    even your pass number (has to be a current pass ID number to be valid)? also, if you recall, some folks with premier passes have had issues elsewhere with qualifications as a Passholder.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    There might be an issue with the premier pass compatibility. A friend is having the same problem with a premier pass. I'd email Disney to ask/alert them of the problem if they don't already know.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I entered this contest after seeing it on Facebook this evening. My husband is allowed to enter too, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    even your pass number (has to be a current pass ID number to be valid)? also, if you recall, some folks with premier passes have had issues elsewhere with qualifications as a Passholder.
    Yes, the pass number is up to date as well. Sometimes these premier passes are major pains to have.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There might be an issue with the premier pass compatibility. A friend is having the same problem with a premier pass. I'd email Disney to ask/alert them of the problem if they don't already know.
    That's a great idea. I'll hope I can get some help.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I entered this contest after seeing it on Facebook this evening. My husband is allowed to enter too, correct?
    Yes, as long as he's also an AP.

Well, I thought I would try one more time before emailing Disney today, and for some unknown reason it actually worked!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Well, I thought I would try one more time before emailing Disney today, and for some unknown reason it actually worked!
    That's great. Hopefully, they've fixed the problem for all premier holders.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the link! I've entered & passed the info along to my MouseAdventure teammates.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Thanks for the link!

here's hopin'...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Interesting that they seem to be at the next level of publicizing this opportunity. I got an email today from Disney telling me about the contest and instructions on how to register.

My husband received and email and I did too. Hoping we win!! That would be soooooo fun. Good luck to everyone who entered. Whoever wins will have a blast.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

I got the email and I'm completely depressed... It's June 11, that's my LSAT and I'm not local, otherwise I'd enter. Good luck to those that enter and, if you wouldn't mind, could you please put up a trip report?

Churros anyone??

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Interesting that they seem to be at the next level of publicizing this opportunity. I got an email today from Disney telling me about the contest and instructions on how to register.
    I received that today too! I hope I win!