Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fantasmic Dinner plan worth it?

Fantasmic Dinner plan worth it?

Going to be at Hollywood Studions on May 5th and wondered if the Fantasmic Dinner plan was worth it? Does it really completely fill up so there aren't seats left? Not on the dining plan so wanted to be sure first. Thanks!

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

You know, for May 5th, I'd probably chance it. It's not a very busy time. It sure makes it easier, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Thanks TinaMouse

we love the food and service at the brown derby. over the years it has been consistently outstanding and we use the fantasmic dining package every year. to us it's not really the issue of the theater "filling up"; but the freedom to not worry about it (since we do have a reserved section) and the avoidance of standing in yet another line. the other thing i love is that you will receive an appetizer, and entree, and a dessert choosing from the entire menu as opposed to a set menu or one with limited options.

the one downside is the times you will be required to dine. since they want you being seated 30-45 minues before the show, they force early dining times so you aren't rushed through the meal (and to fill the restaurant at less busy times as well). be prepared for a 4:30 or earlier time for your meal.

We did Hollywood and Vine and Fantasmic and really enjoyed it - it was a buffet, but the food was quite good and lots of sweets to choose from, too, and the ease of seeing Fantasmic without the 'finding a spot' hassle was definitely a good thing. We were on the dining plan, though. I guess you hafta eat anyhow, so might as well eat somewhere good and take advantage of a perk as well?

“I think most of all what I want Disneyland to be is a happy place, where parents and children can have fun, together.” - Walt Disney

And we do!!!

Thanks everyone! I have been back and forth about this so much but you are right, we have to eat anyways - I'll pay the little bit extra to skip another line. 9 more days....can't wait!