Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mnsshp [Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party]

Mnsshp [Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party]

So I just called reservations at exactly midday (in the UK) and AT THE EXACT TIME THEY OPENED and managed to snag two tickets for the Halloween Party on 31 October!!

Yay! *happydance*

Just two more dining reservations to make and then our Honeymoon at WDW in October/November 2012 is complete.

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

2. # ADS

Happy Halloween! BOO to you!

EEK! You scared me then!!

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Oh that will be SO much fun!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Yay!! We had a BLAST last year.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

We are really quite excited as we've done the Christmas party before but never the Halloween one. And I know that the actual 31st October usually sells out, so I must admit to a little Tigger-like over-excitement that I managed to get tickets!!

Silvercat

Go my friend!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, what are you going to do for costumes?

Cathy

Hmm. I was trying to think of something comical or silly, yet simple to pack and wear. I could wrap myself in bandages and go as a mummy! Hang on, might be a bit too hot for that. I may end up just going to Wal-mart and buying some accessories like pumpkin deeley-boppers or something.

Oh and - thanks Scoobs!

Silvercat

One more thing .....

Scooby - Disney are doing free dining AGAIN for us UK-based folks next year!! We are already booked ......

Silvercat

Just so you know - there's no REQUIREMENT to wear a costume. There are plenty of the people at the MNSSHPs attired in proper park storming wear - shorts and tshirts!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

What? And miss the opportunity to dress up? ARE YOU MAD??

Silvercat

Exactly; when can a grownup ever wear a costume to a Disney park? Only for the Halloween party!!

I'm so happy for you. I *love* the MNSSHP, and you are going to have the *best* time!!

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    What? And miss the opportunity to dress up? ARE YOU MAD??
    Sorry - a personal prejudice rears its ugly head. Not a big Halloween fan, and really not a fan of any situation that requires me to put on a costume. Long story, traumatic event in childhood - I guess I AM mad!
    - James Taylor

Is it worth of price of admission? We will be going to the MK on October 25, 2012. The price seems high. Our boys will be just four. I'd hate to spend the money for them to walk around and not see or do much because it's too crowded...we've never been in fall. We've always gone in summer. We will be staying at BLT, but are wait-listed for BCV.

Blog Entries

"Is it worth it?" is one of the difficult questions around the parties.

For 4 year olds, I probably would skip it in lieu of keeping on sleep schedules - ESPECIALLY since it looks like you're DVC owners so aren't expecting this to be their one and only visit. If they are BIG TIME into characters, though - and you plan on spending most of your time doing is getting autographs and pictures, then it might be.

Why I like the Halloween party for myself is the special fireworks, the AWESOME parade, and seeing some of the other guests creativity in their costumes. They used to have storytellers everywhere (Including on the boat around Tom Sawyer Island (I can't remember the name right now...)) that I really enjoyed as an extra. And the last time I went a few years back, they had a special pirate band outside Pirates. But for me, I don't need the candy from the trick-or-treating, and I'm not huge on character meet & greets. Plus I DO have an opportunity to express my personal creativity in costumes for Mardi Gras (also helps that the last time i went - NOBODY got my costume* - at all). It's also nice for me as an adult to have the later hours (hours are sometimes short in October).

But I've gotten to the point that I may do it every 4 or 5 years, but otherwise I'd rather have an early evening and an adult beverage at my resort, so I could park storm at rope drop.

*The last time I did the Halloween Party I was a "Millionaire Mourner". Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play it! had closed in August, and this was the Halloween right after -- and I was mourning the loss of my favorite attraction. I had a Millionaire hat, with a black ribbon around it. A Milliionaire Shirt, with a black arm band, and a lanyard, with a black ribbon around the card on the end that I'd written RIP on it in white fabric paint. I often have to explain my Mardi Gras costumes, though too - so I'm used to being very obscure in my creativity.

Cathy

Does a WDW t-shirt count as a "costume"?

Works for me!

- James Taylor

Dan, you're such a sweetheart! I am an ex actress and a blatant show-off (according to my family, anyway), so any occasion to put on some kind of (obscure - I am with you on that one, Cathy!!) costume is grasped eagerly with both hands! I lurve dressing up, and at the slightest excuse will don some kind of home-made and usually bizarre costume. We are off to a tiny Disney convention local to us this weekend (there are only around 50 people going), and I shall be wearing as much Disney-ana as I can fit onto myself!!

Silvercat

My boys are into characters, and we aren't typically able to go in October so this could be it for awhile. However, we are really going this year because I really want to see WDW in fall with decorations! Does anyone know which characters are typically available? Is it mostly princesses? Right now, they don't really like fireworks, but they might like the parade. I'm just very relutant because it seems expensive when on top of the regular admission price.

Blog Entries

NOT just princesses - and a lot of 'different' characters, too.
    I think they still do this - they set up 'trails' for trick-or-treating and they had two sides - one was just trick or treating, the other had a bunch of characters spread out to do meet and greet (plus the trick or treating)

You'd obviously make sure the boys got a really good nap in, and then you'd need to figure out how late they could stay. With the character meet and greets, parade, and a couple of favorite attractions you'd probably be at the end of their energy level. I think they WOULD have a blast (especially if they came in costume) - and it IS expensive - but it's really one of those 'worth it' questions only you can answer personally.

Cathy

I didn't encounter characters on any treat trails, but then I also bypassed the line for Capt Jack and the Dwarves. The kids had a blast at the dance parties in Tomorrowland. Pluto was dressed as an astronaut and of course stitch was there. The only must see for us that night was Tink, but only because the kids were dressed as Tink, Peter Pan, Wendy and Tiger Lily. The parade is amazing. As was the villain show.

The CM playing Gaston last year was really hot and he had a huge following of straight female and gay male ADULTS waiting to get pictures with him!
    Lady Tremaine, Anastasia & Drizella are always a hoot to see!