Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Magical Express Question...is it fast?

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Oh, excellent point!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    But Dan, in your earlier post you said by having a car you eliminated the waiting entirely. Apparently waiting for a boat or monorail doesn't count?
    If I did say that, I misspoke. You always have some kind of wait at the MK. How you deal with it is up to you. I still like the car option, even at the MK. I just don't like being crammed into a full bus at the end of the day with sweaty cranky stinky tired people!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Visiting WDW Since 1982

I know what you mean. A full tram at the end of the day with sweaty cranky stinky tired people prior to a long hike out to the car is so much better than that old air conditioned bus picking you up at the gate and dropping you off at the front door to the hotel.

Stan

I know you're satirizing, but that is exactly what I like - a tram (in the open air and not at all crammed with people) taking me to my air conditioned car (that is in no way a long walk from the tram but just down this row a ways), and then a nice drive to my hotel where I park much closer to my room than where I'd be if taking the bus.

I don't wanna start a fight, as everyone has their own way of doing things. Go with what works.

- James Taylor

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^^I agree. Go with what works best for you. We tend to love renting cars for our trips because we always visit the Resorts and you can't take a bus from one Resort to another. You would have to take a Taxi or take a bus to DTD to switch buses to another Resort. We do what works best and what we prefer.

If you split the cost of a van, that may work for you. We rented a Conversion Van in 1999 for one of our trips. Splitting the cost worked fine. And I'm not sure if they make the cushy conversion vans anymore. We own one and were told they stopped producing them. We have one of the last fancy conversion vans that seat 9 people.

Anyway, with you going in September which is a great time to go, busses will work great for you to visit the parks. Just keep in mind about the Resort to Resort issue.

Stephanie

We have taken the ME a few times, rented a car a few times and even driven down a few times. Each has their advantages..

The ME is not terribly slow.. the wait in line is longer than the actual ride but the few times we took ME, I don't recall waiting that long.. at least not long enough to make and impression. There have been a few rental car waiting lines that made me cringe but those are rare if your with one of the big rental car places.. which we never are.

Visiting WDW Since 1982

sorry - can't help teasing Dan now and then.

Stan

Hey, I can take it. Just throw in a smiley face here and there so I know you're just joshing and not being a tool. . .

- James Taylor

Visiting WDW Since 1982

what's the fun in sarcasm if you have to throw in a bunch of smiley-faces?

Stan

You gotta know your audience. I read your post 53 above, and it took me a while to decide if you were one of those online folks that I liked or didn't like. Some people really throw the snark, and some people are just fun. Don't worry, I finally figgered out that you're more fun than snarky!

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    If I did say that, I misspoke. You always have some kind of wait at the MK. How you deal with it is up to you. I still like the car option, even at the MK. I just don't like being crammed into a full bus at the end of the day with sweaty cranky stinky tired people!
    The bus at the end of the day full to bursting with really, really tired people who just want to go lay down are the only drawback to Disney transportation that have made me want the extra cost of a rental car.

WDW: 2012 (Contemporary), 2010 (Caribbean Beach) , 2007 (Animal Kingdom), 2001 (Beach Club)
    DLR: 5/2014, 4/2014, 10/2013, 1989, 1979

Obviously I completely agree. You stand in lines all day long. Why on earth would I want to stand in another one - an exceptionally long one - at the end of the day? I really like just going to my car and then enjoying the peace & quiet of my own air conditioned space back to my resort!

- James Taylor

I can't believe how many post this thread has gotten! It is clearly a hot issue and at the end of day what works for me probably won't work for you so I am agreeing with Dan to do whatever works best for you and your family.

On a side note, I love watching the sleeping children on the bus ride home and the gentlemen who offer their seats to mothers or older visitors. Of course I've also seen the bad, but the good much outweighs it

Formerly tinkinparis

I've been involved with many threads like this over the years, tink, and yes, it seems to be a hot topic. Some folks just don't like to drive while on vacation, and they don't have to. I love driving, even if it's just back & forth around WDW, so having a car works for me.

- James Taylor

It also depends on the size of your group. The first time we went to WDW with kids, there were 6 of us and we didn't want the hassle/expense of a minivan so we rented a regular car and then took the Disney buses everywhere. In hindsight the biggest hassle was collapsing the strollers/bags and dealing with the buses. We would have been better with a bigger rental car. My dad vowed that he would return to WDW with us - but not while the kids were in strollers. But my point was supposed to be for a large group the buses can sometimes be an easier option than multiple rental cars.

The next trip we did rent the minivan for a group of 5 so that no one was stuck in the middle of two car-seats. We also went from 2 small strollers to 1 giant one. It was very nice at the end of the day to shove the kids in the car and then take our time loading everything else.

We have also done a grown-ups only trip where we HAD to have our own transportation because we scheduled things too close together to rely on Disney Transportation. We did take some Disney buses/boats/etc and even a taxi due to spontaneous changes in plans but that was a trip that we could not have done without our own transportation.

Okay, I guess I'm not against the buses but it would seem that I am pretty pro-rental car