Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: June 14th -- Should we go to DL?

Figuring out the mom thing

June 14th -- Should we go to DL?

DH, DS, and I will be visiting the parks from June 12-15. We won four 2-day parkhoppers and got the Entertainment rate at HoJo. By trading the tickets around, the three of us can use the tickets to visit for 3 days if we purchase one 1-day ticket. Or, we could visit for 4 days if we buy one 4-day ticket. DS will just be 3, so having four days in the parks would be helpful. But one of those days is June 14th. DCA is closed and DL is closing early for a grad night. On one hand, I think that DL could be very crowded because of the DCA closure. On the other hand, it could be quiet because people will realize that it's not an optimal day to visit. What do you guys think? Should we go to DL on the 14th?

2. # ADS

I am thinking the locals will stay away that day because of the closure of DCA. However, anyone planning a special trip from out of town to see Carsland on the 15th may be there. If the locals stay away that day, it will definitely be less crowded.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

We planned our trip for that same time frame well before the announcement about DCA closing was announced, I talked to the girls and we've decided to do other stuff that day, play at the pool, go to the character wharehouse, wander around in DTD but we won't be going into the parks that day. My niece will be 2 almost 3 so I worry that people who don't really plan like those of us addicted to disney message boards do and the place will be more crowded than normal.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Figuring out the mom thing
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    We planned our trip for that same time frame well before the announcement about DCA closing was announced, I talked to the girls and we've decided to do other stuff that day, play at the pool, go to the character wharehouse, wander around in DTD but we won't be going into the parks that day. My niece will be 2 almost 3 so I worry that people who don't really plan like those of us addicted to disney message boards do and the place will be more crowded than normal.
    I don't think I've ever been at DLR at the same time as you! I am kind of excited about the potential for a celebrity sighting.

I'm curious, when you planned your trip did you guess the date might be the Cars Land opening? If so, what gave it away for you? We guessed it because the tickets we won at Christmas expire on 6/15 and we thought it was a short turnaround time.