Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: "decent" coffee now available?

"decent" coffee now available?

So it looks like Starbucks is headed to Disney World. I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks, and avoid them here at home. However - given that it's Disney coffee or Starbucks, I guess I'll be tempted to visit them if I'm in the World. I'm not sure how I feel about it - I was happy when McD's was removed from DTD, and I don't want to see a slew of chain joints in WDW. Obviously, we all have our favorite coffee places, but I guess that point in moot given that it's Starbucks that is going in. What's everyones thoughts?

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

It means I might be able to get a decent cup of tea IF I'm willing to stand in a jumbo line.

I'm not a line person so it's unlikely I'll be stopping by but it's nice to have an option if I'm desperate. (AK has a good tea stand, that's about it for WDW that I know of; not a fan of the options at the Japanese kiosk in Epcot.)

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Starbucks will fit right in. It's over-hyped and over-priced. But compared to the sludge Disney sells it's a welcome change. But I will still bring my own coffee from home.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will admit - Im not a coffee drinker. I rarely go to Starbucks and when I do, usually because someone wants to meet me there, I usually get the Green Tea only because I can tolerate it.

So, to me, this is not a big deal. Though, at the same time, I am happy for those who do care as now many non-Disney lovers who are addicted to Starbucks have no excuse to not try out WDW. (We all know someone who didnt want to go to WDW because the coffee was so bad...)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstress View Post
    Starbucks will fit right in. It's over-hyped and over-priced. But compared to the sludge Disney sells it's a welcome change. But I will still bring my own coffee from home.
    We've been bringing our own for the past several trips as well. Not sure what I'll do next trip...

Starbucks will be better than the Disney swill passing for coffee.

Not a Starbucks fan, not a Disney sludge (Nescafe) fan.

When staying at Pop (no coffeemaker in the room) - I take my own coffee and an inexpensive 1 cup cone coffeemaker that I got at Walmart and is similar to this one: http://www.target.com/p/Toastess-Int...6/-/A-10321773 - takes up about as much space in the luggage as a very large pair of shoes.

I use bottled water in it and put it up on the shelf by the safe when I leave the room for the day.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

So Nescafe isn't a sponsor anymore? They seemed to be EVERYWHERE at WDW--(and their hot chocolate was swill as well, by the way).

And while a comment for another thread, I have to wonder if the days of true WDW sponsorship are pretty much gone.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

My understanding is that the Starbucks product will only be in one location per park, with the rest of the coffee outlets remaining the same as now.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

While I'm not a Starbucks snob, I am also not a fan of that Nescaf stuff either. That is my primary complaint about WDW, the coffee. When we drive down I usually pack my Keurig so I won't suffer.

Too bad we couldn't get a Timmy's or a Dunkin' Donuts on property. Too much to dream for...

The World of Thom Bell < No Advertising, No Spam, Just Thom