Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fantasyland Status? When in 2012?

Fantasyland Status? When in 2012?

We are planning a trip for next August/September (2012). We were just there this past August and all of the Fantasyland signage said "2012." Just wondered if anyone knew when in 2012 everything is scheduled to open? I had read that things would open in phases, but I am really hoping that at least some of the new stuff will be open when we go.

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Maybe some, but I was thinking they were saying spring of 2013 for completion. Where I got that, I don't know...maybe I dreamed it....LOL!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Thanks Tina! I thought that I heard that, too. But all of the MK signage said 2012.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adkinsfamily View Post
    Thanks Tina! I thought that I heard that, too. But all of the MK signage said 2012.
    Sorry I don't remember more specifics, but as I recall, some of the stuff is slated to open late 2012, but the majority seemed to be targeting 2013 or later. I think that's how they're getting away with the 2012 signage. We may be making a trip there in August of next year, and I remember thinking that none of the Fantasyland stuff would be done yet.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I believe that the double Dumbo and Great Goofini may be open in late 2012, with Belle's Village and Ariel's Undersea Adventure some time in early-mid 2013. Princess Fairy Tale Hall will likely be late 2013, with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster in early 2014. I hope to have some better information after I get down there in November.

How much of a mess is Fantasyland likely to be in August 2012?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    How much of a mess is Fantasyland likely to be in August 2012?
    It'll all be behind construction walls. Since it's largely being built on land that hadn't previously been in use, it won't really disrupt the walkways, though you'll have lost the Toontown exit from the area. I don't really think that it'll affect much, other than gawking crowds. If any area has opened, though, that could be a traffic bottleneck. It's possible that they may have finished the new exterior castle courtyard walls, in which case the construction walls will largely be gone, and just the gateways to the Fantasy Forest will be blocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    . It's possible that they may have finished the new exterior castle courtyard walls, in which case the construction walls will largely be gone, and just the gateways to the Fantasy Forest will be blocked off.
    Ooh - that will be like giving me a Christmas present and then telling me I can't open it until next Christmas!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

When we were in Fantasyland this time last year it was sorta depressing wandering around there, but to be fair, it is for a good cause! And yeah I heard that the best time to go would be 2013 if you wanted to see it in a completed state.

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hurry Up! I'm not gettin' any younger...well, young at heart!

Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by tappenfeat View Post
    Hurry Up! I'm not gettin' any younger...well, young at heart!
    Haha! Yeah I was thinking that too, but I guess perfection takes time!
    *DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Quote Originally Posted by Vegitabeta View Post
    Haha! Yeah I was thinking that too, but I guess perfection takes time!
    I meant that *I* wasn't getting any younger, not that I was thinking that you weren't!...puts shovel down...

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOL! I know exactly what you meant! hee hee! That's for the morning laugh.

Stephanie

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I have some pics to send to Mark for the update.....one of the castles is done (and you can see it)....the rest is far from being done. Looks like they're using the old Mickey's fair tent as a staging center. It's all ripped to shreds but they keep construction equipment in there....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

I was on Disney's website last night trying to do some planning for the marathon weekend and noticed two planned refurbs. Both start January 9th. The first is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Maybe they are going to fix the Earth Quake scene and the second is Dumbo. Dumbo is supposed to be down for a little more than a month. I am thinking, it will be down because they are moving it! Didn't Disney release something saying that the Fantasy Fair would open in early 2012?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mark had some stuff in the update published today about Dumbo. I don't recall the specifics well enough to repost them without looking, and the whole update is good to read!

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Chewyswimmer View Post
    I was on Disney's website last night trying to do some planning for the marathon weekend and noticed two planned refurbs. Both start January 9th. The first is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Maybe they are going to fix the Earth Quake scene ?
    earthquake scene?????

That's the scene as you go up the 2nd (or 3rd?) hill, inside as the rocks shake and your train leans from side to side. It's been busted for quite a while now.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    That's the scene as you go up the 2nd (or 3rd?) hill, inside as the rocks shake and your train leans from side to side. It's been busted for quite a while now.
    I don't think the scene is actually broken, if I remember correctly the scene in DisneyResort Paris broke and hurt a guest, so all the parks shut that scene off until they could determine what happen. I don't know why it has been so long, you would think it wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Fantasyland Expansion

Just wondering what you think...

I am trying to plan our next WDW trip. I am trying to wait until the Fantasyland expansion is open. I know Dumbo is scheduled to open first. Do you think they will open the rest one attraction/restaurant at a time or make one grand opening? What are the chances of it being open the week after Easter 2013?

I am just soooo anxious to have WDW trip "planned." I know you all can relate!

i have no idea how/when they plan to open the new expansion, but i do know a thing or two about what to expect during an easter trip to wdw. the crowds during a couple of trips during the easter break were intense, a lot of people everywhere. i know it's wdw and during a "vacation" window you need to expect the worst, but two easter trips was enough for us.

i would imagine that the fantasyland expansion during that time would be insanely crowded and "almost' unenjoyable to a certain extent. i real realize that it's sometimes tempting to schedule a trip when kids are out of school or you will have time off of work to possibly extend your trip, but i would seriously suggest trying other options especially since you seem to really want the new expansion to be a big part of your experience.

Fantasyland expansion

I am planning a trip to DW in Dec and I know they are doing the fantasyland expansion in phases. I am just wondering if anyone knows what will be open in phase 1 and when it will open.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

According to Mark's WDW Update, it appears that some attractions will start to open as early as this February. Im sure there will be several new attractions open by December, though.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Thanks, I was expecting them to open the first phase in one celebration and not just as everything opens.

I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.

Deb at AllEars is posting some words and pics (also tweeting) on the soft opening of Storybook Circus in Fantasyland

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwil...yland_e_1.html

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney