My husband and I are going to Disneyland in mid May. I was hoping to get some advice before my trip. We are planning on staying at the Park Vue Inn right across the street. Has anyone stayed there? I would love to hear whether you liked it or not. Our second choice is the Candy Cane Inn, but are currently leaning toward the Park Vue Inn because of the location.

While we are there we are thinking of eating dinner at Ariel's Grotto the first night (doing the World of Color dinner thing), Big Thunder Ranch BBQ the second night, and Steakhouse 55 the last night. We have not eaten at these restaurants before - any feedback or suggestions of a different place that we shouldn't miss?

Finally, if you have any tips or suggestions of things to do/see in either of the parks that are not as well known please let me know! We have been to the parks several times (used to live near there and had annual passes), but now it has been a few years and we want to make the most of our trip since we can't go as often. Thanks!