Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney to partner with Starbucks in six theme park locations

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disney to partner with Starbucks in six theme park locations

There have been rumblings online for several months now about a Starbucks location coming to the Disneyland Resort. The talk is nothing new - bloggers have been writing about possible Disney/Starbucks partnerships for years, but Disney has steadfastly refused to comment on the rumors.

Today the company confirmed that when Buena Vista Street opens in Disney California Adventure this June there will be a Starbucks located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Caf - but that's only part of the story. The DCA Starbucks is just one of six themed locations set to open at both the California and Walt Disney World Resorts in the coming year, one inside each of the domestic theme parks.

The Starbucks locations will serve a variety of popular Starbucks drinks and food items along with Disney's own food and beverage offerings. No official additional information about specific locations or opening dates for the other five theme parks was included in the announcement.

Adrienne

2. # ADS

But I want to know is if one can use one's starbucks card there. At barnes and noble and many other places that have starbucks inside of them you can't but will they be on the dining plan? So many questions!!

Cool Runnings!
    Doc

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson

Anyone want to speculate on where the WDW locations will be? In DHS, I could see Writers Stop getting the Starbucks, since it was already designed as a coffee house when it was built, and it has more space inside than Starring Rolls to accommodate the lines that will form.

RockDoc -- since it's an official Starbucks (not an affiliate), I would bet you can use your card there unless Disney places restrictions on their use.

maybe it's just me, but the times I really want a good starbucks is @ my resort, not at the park.

ct (ASMo '01; POR '02, CBR '05; POR '08,'10; BCV '10, POP '11, BC '14, DL '15(offsite), POR '16, FQ '17, and POR '18 (coming soon!))

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they don't replace the tea stand in AK with this! Maybe one of the locations by Camp Minnie-Mickey - and then that will drive addiitonal traffic down there? Ok, maybe not. Maybe (more realistically) in one of the Dinoland locations?

I agree that Writer's stop would be the most on-theme location in the Studios.

Epcot - the location right by the Fountain is my best guess (it would need to be in FW for the 'morning' crowd).

MK - I'm thinking there will be a prime location in the "New Fantasyland" - maybe near the Tea Party.

DL - Somewhere near the current Carnation Garden.

ETA: I wonder if there will be a more 'universal' marketing agreement as well, to replace the nescafe with regular Starbucks ground coffee in all the other locations.

Cathy

We have been able to use our Starbucks (gift) cards at the one in the Universal Citywalk in Hollywood to pay, but they cannot add to our balance there. They have said they aren't part of corporate when we asked. I don't remember trying to use it in Barnes and Noble, but I do use my gift card in the ones inside Safeway.

Oh, and Cathy, I sure hope so. I wouldn't have to satnd in line for a mocha, I could just get coffee somewhere.

From the Starbucks press release:

"At Disney California Adventure, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Caf on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The stores location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The caf will serve Starbucks items including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats."

I hope the cast members will have patience with those of us who are new to Starbucks.