Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Uh oh - Test Track closed till later than expected!

Uh oh - Test Track closed till later than expected!

Okay, so when it was scheduled to reopen in September, it was going to be okay - we don't get there till the end of October, so DB's favourite ride in the whole World was going to be reopened by then.

So today I learn it is going to be closed until the end of November. Gulp. How do I tell him without breaking his (50-year old) heart??

Do you think the promise of another visit to WDW next year would soften the blow any? Disney are offering us UK residents the free dining plan again ........

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

2. # ADS

fingers crossed they work fast we are going on 6th november, im hoping they get it open for thanksgiving which id just after we leave so may be testing when we are there

Blog Entries

I am taking my dance kids to perform during the week of November 4th-10th. Some of them would be devastated if it wasn't opened. They are already talking about TT!

Kristin

We decided to skip EPCOT on our July Trip because of the closure of TT. My kids really aren't ready for touring World's Showcase and not being bored. And because there isn't that many rides anyway, we will spend an extra day between MK and DHS. Yes it will suck missing Sorin, but just the way it will be this trip.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

^Disney is currently experimenting with keeping the entire Land Pavilion (Soarin') open until 10 pm (even when Epcot's scheduled closure is for 9PM (or right after Illuminations).

No one really knows if this will be continued or not, but it might be worth checking out just prior to and during your trip if it occurs while TT is closed, but you'd really like to ride Soarin'. Additional information here: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...912/#more-7867 (sorry you'll have to scroll UP to the top to read it from the beginning).

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

Blog Entries

I don't really get that. They keep only the Land pavilion open and once people start finding out I think it will be a MADHOUSE! If they kept the entire park open until 10PM that would be a different story.

Kristin

Who knows what Disney is doing, or how long they will be doing it.

So far, Disney has not put this extended hour at the Land Pavilion in the times guide, so they may be doing some sort of market testing to see what the guest response is if they don't officially announce or publicize something.

In any event, it's worth keeping an eye on this development, especially if you're going to be at WDW in the next while.

“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” - Roy Disney

So I broke the news to him last night. He was, as I expected, devastated. Much as he loves Soarin' and Mission Space and other attractions at Epcot, he would walk over hot coals to ride Test Track. His little face fell and I had to pat him and promise to take him back again next year when it would be open again.

The upshot is - I am booking today for next year's trip! With free dining again!! (Thank you Mr Disney for giving us poor UK souls the great deals that you do).

Bit of a pathetic excuse to visit WDW again so soon, really .......

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    ...Bit of a pathetic excuse to visit WDW again so soon, really .......
    Oh hey now...any excuse to visit WDW again is a good excuse. Or at least that's what most people here would say...

Hey, if you can afford it, go for it!

Well it does take me a year to save up each time, but it is worth it!

Silvercat

I re-scheduled 2 vacations until Space Mountain was re-opened in the past. My group was pretty upset and refuse to go until this ride was up and running. It was kinda funny to see there reaction because they are all adults. Somethings growing up with you cant get out of your blood.

Visiting WDW Since 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberella View Post
    Disney is currently experimenting with keeping the entire Land Pavilion (Soarin') open until 10 pm (even when Epcot's scheduled closure is for 9PM (or right after Illuminations).
    Last year when we went before Easter, the week prior to Palm Sunday was very slow, but Soarin' was crammed and kept open for at least an hour after Illuminations. The rest of the Land was closed at the normal time. It was really weird!
    Stan

^ Yes, but what is really strange (about whatever Disney is doing this time) is that the entire Land Pavilion is open. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I can't imagine not going to Disney just because a certain ride was not open. We missed Space Mountain when it was closed a few years ago but still had a great time. Haunted Mansion was closed another year, but we still had a good time. There is so much to do at EPCOT, and so much to eat, yum, that while it does hurt that TT will be closed, it won't prevent me from having a great time. To the original poster, have you considered going to DL? Cars land will be opening soon, and they'll have a ride that is based on the same idea as TT. Just a thought, especially if you've never been.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Oh no, we are still going to have a great time, despite the lack of TT. It's just that I will have a snivelling grown-up to deal with every time we walk past it and it is closed, that's all! I foresee a gazillion snack credits going on Mickey Premium Ice-cream Bars to make up for it ......

We are considering DL at some point in the future, but for us it is much easier to get to WDW at the moment (from the UK), as we have so many special offers given to us by the Disney company that we cannot resist them!

Silvercat

Oh no, we are still going to have a great time, despite the lack of TT. It's just that I will have a snivelling grown-up to deal with every time we walk past it and it is closed, that's all! I foresee a gazillion snack credits going on Mickey Premium Ice-cream Bars to make up for it ......

We are considering DL at some point in the future, but for us it is much easier to get to WDW at the moment (from the UK), as we have so many special offers given to us by the Disney company that we cannot resist them!
    Mickey Ice-cream seems to soothe many a troubled breast. Have a great time!
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

We are going the last week in November, I hope it is open...my kids LOVE that ride!!

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
    ― Walt Disney Company

Darn, I am planning my first trip there and one of my biggest to do items was the test track! I guess no luck is on my side!

Quote Originally Posted by redimpss5 View Post
    Darn, I am planning my first trip there and one of my biggest to do items was the test track! I guess no luck is on my side!
    Well, before coming to WDW, make a day trip to DL and ride the new Cars ride; same technology, and you'll get to experience a whole new land!

in the immortal words of Florida Evans:
    Damn, damn, damn.

Okay, so when it was scheduled to reopen in September, it was going to be okay - we don't get there till the end of October, so DB's favourite ride in the whole World was going to be reopened by then.

So today I learn it is going to be closed until the end of November. Gulp. How do I tell him without breaking his (50-year old) heart??

Do you think the promise of another visit to WDW next year would soften the blow any? Disney are offering us UK residents the free dining plan again ........
    Yeah, we thought it would be open for our trip at the first week of October, but now, no such luck...
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Oh dear. I know it will be lovely to have it sparkly new and refurbished, but he has done nothing but grumble since I told him. At least the crying has stopped now .......

Silvercat

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    We decided to skip EPCOT on our July Trip because of the closure of TT. My kids really aren't ready for touring World's Showcase and not being bored. And because there isn't that many rides anyway, we will spend an extra day between MK and DHS. Yes it will suck missing Sorin, but just the way it will be this trip.
    But then you'll miss Mission Space! Can't have that...
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We will miss TT for sure this trip.

Stephanie