Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best way to get from Disney Property to Universal Islands of Adventure

Best way to get from Disney Property to Universal Islands of Adventure

We will be at WDW for 8 nights in mid May. We are considering going to IOA for one day during our stay. We are not planning to rent a car. I'm wondering if it is cheaper/easier to take a cab from WDW property to IOA or to rent a car for one day and pay for parking for one day at IOA. We are not going to decide on IOA until during our trip, because we also may decide to use that day for relaxing at the pools or just doing one of the Disney parks to hit things that we've missed. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

2. # ADS

It depends on how many of you there are. You can arrange for the Mears shuttle to pick you up, I think its about $18/person round trip. If you have more than 3 of you, a car rental for the day will likely be cheaper. We picked ours up at the Swan/Dolphin since we were staying at the Beach Club, but there's also the Car Center near MK.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Thank you for your response, Shannon!! There are just 2 of us - 1 adult and 1 child (age 9). I am willing to rent a car, but I'm not crazy about the idea of driving around unfamiliar territory during rush hour (???). The Shuttle sounds like a good thing to look into. Do you know if it's $18 each way?

No that's round trip. And your child may be a few dollars cheaper.

Thanks!!!

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar

The plus side of renting a car is that you'll be able to leave when ever you want, but you'll also have to pay for parking. Getting from WDW to Universal is really easy. Its a straight shot up I-4.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    -1 Corinthians 9:24