Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tomorrow (June 5) is National Running Day! Log your miles at Run Now!

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow (June 5) is National Running Day! Log your miles at Run Now!

From their Facebook page:

Youre invited to a virtual run to celebrate the spirit of running! Whether this year youre running your first 5K, a half or full marathon, gather your friends on National Running Day and go for a run! Join one of the events below, or host your own event and invite others nearby to join you!

Log your miles at http://www.RunNow.com/ to help us hit our Million Mile goal and share your photos to hashtag #RunNow!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A couple of discounts I found without looking hard:

Rock n Roll series is offering $20 off today!

One More Mile is offering 20% off everything today!

Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wish me luck! Giving a shorty a try again this morning! It's National Running Day, how can I not?

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I will call today's run, "The Mile and a Half That Tried To Kill Me." But it's done. Recovering from being sick is no joke.

I ran 4 miles this morning.

No Facebook or Twitter for me. Feel free to log my miles.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I will call today's run, "The Mile and a Half That Tried To Kill Me." But it's done. Recovering from being sick is no joke.
    Sorry for the rough run, but awesome for getting back out there!

3 miles today. Kevin I think did more like 4. He's fast....
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Sorry for the rough run, but awesome for getting back out there!

3 miles today. Kevin I think did more like 4. He's fast....
    Thanks. Things tend to knock me on my rear more than most. But, a mile and a half is better than nothing at all. My pace was goo, too. So, I know I'm on the mend. I need to play catch up on my DDD training. It's a good thing that I just did a half less than two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Thanks. Things tend to knock me on my rear more than most. But, a mile and a half is better than nothing at all. My pace was goo, too. So, I know I'm on the mend. I need to play catch up on my DDD training. It's a good thing that I just did a half less than two weeks ago.
    I haven't run anywhere near the half distance yet, but I would bet it's harder to recover from being sick right after a long race, especially when you pushed yourself to a PR!

Thanks all for introducing me to One More Mile... I just spent way too much time debating which snarky shirt to order. I ended up going with "I may not pass you, but I will outlast you" (this is going to be my long run shirt), and Kevin got "I thought it said 'rum'."
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    I haven't run anywhere near the half distance yet, but I would bet it's harder to recover from being sick right after a long race, especially when you pushed yourself to a PR!

Thanks all for introducing me to One More Mile... I just spent way too much time debating which snarky shirt to order. I ended up going with "I may not pass you, but I will outlast you" (this is going to be my long run shirt), and Kevin got "I thought it said 'rum'."
    LOVE their shirts! I have "May The Course Be With You" and "If Found On Ground Please Drag Across Finish Line" as well as a Boston one.

This is the second time that my immune system has totally folded after a PR. Both times it took me well over a week to feel normal. Last time I didn't run for two weeks.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow (June 5) is National Running Day! Log your miles at Run Now!

I love OMM too! I have a few: this isn't sweat, it's liquid awesome; slow pace is better than no pace (or something like that); and running my mass off. And a hat that says: I know I know, I said I'd never do this again. Plus a custom Boston shirt.

Cathy

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They also used to have a perfect one for runDisney events: I'm not slow, I'm getting the most from my entry fee!

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k