Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MadasaHatter is SadasaHatter

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    There ARE three doors but the tracks have been paved over. So you only go through the door on the far left. Now do they change the spiel each time randomly?
    I haven't been in ages but finally went last weekend with my son. I was more concerned about him than about missing track marks but I'm pretty sure we went through the door on the far right. Are you aware of the following about the doors/room beyond the doors (From Wikipedia):

Chamber of Destiny

The Chamber of Destiny actually has only one operating pair of doors, with only one corridor behind them. The walls and ceiling of the room move across the working doorway and a set of four faades (two on each side of the real doorway), so that three "doors" are visible at any given time. The doors and the Hall of Promise are lit differently based on which particular chamber has been chosen. Fake tracks lead up to the other doors to enhance the effect. Here guests are presented with three doors. One of the three doors begins to glow more brightly than the other two, and Mara announces which gift the passengers have chosen to receive. The doors open, and the passengers enter. "The Map Room: Dawn" 3:28 Raiders of the Lost Ark

Hall of Promise

• Fountain of Eternal Youth Mara announces "You have chosen wisely. This path leads to timeless youth and beauty." The Hall of Promise is illuminated with shimmering aqua blue light. Front-lit scrims along the walls are painted to depict true believers drinking mystic water, discarding their withered skin and emerging young and beautiful. New statement of "Parade of the Slave Children" (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).
    • Chamber of Earthly Riches Mara announces "You seek the treasure of Mara. Glittering Gold. It is yours." The Hall of Promise is illuminated with shimmering golden light behind the scrims where of gold and other treasures are visible, rendering the Fountain of Eternal Youth scrim paintings transparent. "The Miracle of the Ark", 0:00 (Raiders of the Lost Ark).
    • Observatory of the Future Mara announces "You seek the future. I will lift the curtain of time. It is your destiny" The transport tilts upward, directing passengers eyes away from the dark scrims, and towards the dazzling star field. The Hall of Promise is dimly lit in purple and the ceiling above twinkles with 5,000 fiber optic stars. Original music by Richard Bellis.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    There ARE three doors but the tracks have been paved over. So you only go through the door on the far left. Now do they change the spiel each time randomly?
    See, Whistler was unaware that there were differnet "chambers" until a friend was explaining it to him before we went in May. Like I said, something "slides" as we had all three chambers in one trip either in May or in December. (We rode multiple times over the course of the trip.)
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I haven't been in ages but finally went last weekend with my son. I was more concerned about him than about missing track marks but I'm pretty sure we went through the door on the far right. Are you aware of the following about the doors/room beyond the doors (From Wikipedia):

Chamber of Destiny

The Chamber of Destiny actually has only one operating pair of doors, with only one corridor behind them. The walls and ceiling of the room move across the working doorway and a set of four faades (two on each side of the real doorway), so that three "doors" are visible at any given time. The doors and the Hall of Promise are lit differently based on which particular chamber has been chosen. Fake tracks lead up to the other doors to enhance the effect. Here guests are presented with three doors. One of the three doors begins to glow more brightly than the other two, and Mara announces which gift the passengers have chosen to receive. The doors open, and the passengers enter. "The Map Room: Dawn" 3:28 Raiders of the Lost Ark

Hall of Promise

• Fountain of Eternal Youth Mara announces "You have chosen wisely. This path leads to timeless youth and beauty." The Hall of Promise is illuminated with shimmering aqua blue light. Front-lit scrims along the walls are painted to depict true believers drinking mystic water, discarding their withered skin and emerging young and beautiful. New statement of "Parade of the Slave Children" (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).
    • Chamber of Earthly Riches Mara announces "You seek the treasure of Mara. Glittering Gold. It is yours." The Hall of Promise is illuminated with shimmering golden light behind the scrims where of gold and other treasures are visible, rendering the Fountain of Eternal Youth scrim paintings transparent. "The Miracle of the Ark", 0:00 (Raiders of the Lost Ark).
    • Observatory of the Future Mara announces "You seek the future. I will lift the curtain of time. It is your destiny" The transport tilts upward, directing passengers eyes away from the dark scrims, and towards the dazzling star field. The Hall of Promise is dimly lit in purple and the ceiling above twinkles with 5,000 fiber optic stars. Original music by Richard Bellis.

Interesting. I knew the track went the same direction each time (I have an excellent sense of direction and can tell if we are going in a different direction, usually), that is why I knew something slid. I knew the chamber was different as well, I didn't realize it was lit differently to accomplish this.
    ETA: The Mirrors that move back as you leave the station in someway let the CMs see the "doors", is what Whistler thinks.

So we have only EVER been going through the far right door (stage right/audience left) ?????? I could have sworn when the ride originally opened the track did indeed move and you could go through either door but that could just be a product of remembering wrong. It would be interesting to know but I do believe what I am reading as I really noticed that it could only make sense.

Great trip report, it sounds like a completely epic trip. I'm sorry for your loss, and I think it's such a sweet way to celebrate your friend's life. It sounds like he would have very much approved.

Tom would have approved indeed. I will always find him at Disneyland so I can look forward to seeing the light in Walt's Window this Monday night when I arrive for the FANTASMIC! shin-dig.

So excited.

Dear MadasaHatter, thank you for your trip report. I too would like to offer my condolences at the loss of THE DUDE. He sounds like a very special person and friend. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy his company for so long.

Must confess - I've avoided reading this report because I've been going through a bit of a rough spot and just couldn't take "one more thing". Things are much better now, I decided to read your report today, and found myself chuckling ... I think you did a great job of honoring Tom and making the trip a celebration in his memory, which is so lovely ... You sound like a hoot, and you must have been a hoot times two with Tom ... Ordering a dole whip at Bengal BBQ? PRETTY CHEEKY :-) And it worked? Well, kind of? I can only imagine the bright smile and clever conversation that must have prefaced your order. I'm CONFUSED though, and NEED answers. The gal who took your order wouldn't go, but found someone who would? But after all of that, you ended up with an ORANGE FANTA? You. Left. Out. Key. Details.

Also, I was googling around and found a cool site you might like. Have you heard about VIRTUAL TOAD?

I stumbled on it recently, it looks rather abandoned, sad to say, but many parts of it still work well enough to bring a bit of a smile to my face. Since you are a fellow lover of THE TOAD, I thought you should know about it too, and I hope it brightens your day.

Hang in there, friend. Be good to yourself.

I got a Fanta at Bengal BBQ. THe gal who took my order tried to get her co-worker to get a Dole Whip and they just laughed it off. OF course they couldn't leave their posts. Sad about the Dole Whip but happy about NO WAIT at all at BENGAL BBQ.

Yeah. Disneyland isn't the same without Tom. Even when we took separate trips we always talked to each other afterwards. But the good news is he will always be a part of that place and even though it will always be sad that is just how things work. Thanks for the condolences TL! I was not sure about writing a report like that but TOM was and always will be Disney and I wanted to honor him....also it was well after the fact and it didn't have a direct impact on the trip REPORT so to say. It is easy to report when you tour Disneyland alone and that is something I will not be doing unless I ever find myself living in SO CAL again. So thought I should write the most thorough report ever! Took lots of iPhone notes.

VIRTUAL TOAD is pretty cool. Yeah, wish it was all up and running! Thanks for sharing and hope all is well with you too.