Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Modern Family

Modern Family

Does anyone know if the episode they filmed on February 29th going to air tomorrow night? The title is "The Last Walt" which makes me think it's the episode they filmed at Disneyland.

Siggy aka Jill

2. # ADS

No, the Disneyland episode is scheduled to air May 9 according to this item from the OC Register.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    No, the Disneyland episode is scheduled to air May 9 according to this item from the OC Register.
    Thanks!
    Siggy aka Jill

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

Watched the show last night. It was OK, I'm not a regular viewer so take that FWIW. Highlights for me: seeing the Dappers Dans on their bike, recognized Frank & Eulus. On board ride footage of Dumbo & BTMR. And the inside of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, with a smattering of extras in the background.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

There is no corn dog cart in Fantasyland. And the giant Indy wait time sign cracked me up.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Having the kid being in two different roles on the same shift? We won't even get started about him talking. I think that might be why they choose a rare character that I personally have never seen out and about in all my visits to break the no talking rule. It was a cute show with several glaring oops for those of us really familiar with the park. I love how he found her slippers at the BBB! Then putting his granddaughter in toddler heels to slow her down was really hilarious.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries

I watched the show last night. I've seen it a couple of times but could never really get into it. The problem I had with the show is with camera angles. Modern Family is a show that has real actors performing a script. In general, the camera has to focus then actors performing their lines. If you stood where the camera is, just think of how much wider your field of view is. You take in so much more than the camera is able to show. So I constantly felt like my vision was being cut off. Now compare that to typical Disneyland Travel videos that are filmed from cranes and equipment that give you a much larger field of view. The park itself becomes the star. That being said, it was nice to see the old girl once again on network TV.

Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Having the kid being in two different roles on the same shift? We won't even get started about him talking. I think that might be why they choose a rare character that I personally have never seen out and about in all my visits to break the no talking rule. It was a cute show with several glaring oops for those of us really familiar with the park. I love how he found her slippers at the BBB! Then putting his granddaughter in toddler heels to slow her down was really hilarious.
    DS and I watched it and couldn't stop pointing out the glaring oops (or oppses), LOL. Noticed the wait time sign right away, and the fact that they were using the fastpass line for IJ. Also that the people were coming out of the entrance queue for Splash. We definitely thought it the use of balloons in the hub scene was overkill and there was no way that kid could make it to Main Street and wait in the corn dog line in the amount of time shown

But the best part of all was that DS and I were sitting in our PJs with our feet up wearing our huge Mickey plush slippers. When Jay pulled out those Minnie slippers for Gloria we both busted out laughing.
    Side note, I tried on the Minnie slippers and they are not nearly as comfy as the Mickey ones
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Modern Family but I've never felt any TV episode of a regular series did either DL or WDW justice when filmed there over the years.

Loved the show. I love both Disney and Modern Family, so to see them together was marvelous. Even with the oopsies.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

DW and I are avid watchers of the show and so we couldn't wait for the Disneyland episode. In the end we both thought it was one of the weaker episodes recently unfortunately. We thought there was so much potential but in the end I almost feel like Disney didn't want to mock themselves too much or something else in the writing but there were not really any moments (for us) that made us laugh hysterically like some other episodes. And I also felt the same way about all the oops. If it was Disney filming themselves, why the need to do all the mockups and stuff (like the HUGE wait sign for Indy?)

Cool Runnings!
    Doc

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc07 View Post
    I almost feel like Disney didn't want to mock themselves too much ... If it was Disney filming themselves, why the need to do all the mockups and stuff (like the HUGE wait sign for Indy?)
    The show is broadcast on ABC, but it's not produced by Disney. We were in the park the day they were filming, and they had standees of filming notices/releases in the various places they were shooting, and all the signs were from Twentieth Century Fox Television, who produce the show.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...