Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time

Thumbs up Once Upon a Time

Anyone on the MP watching this? I am, I'm loving it! Wish it wasn't a whole week between episodes. I especially loved last night seeing how Snow White and Charming met! 3 episodes in and they've hooked me for sure. At least I can get attached now, knowing that they've been signed for the season.

What do you guys think so far?

Keep Moving Forward!

2. # ADS

My oldest and I have been watching it and love it also. We haven't seen last nights yet.

My 10 year old daughter approached me when the 1st show was going to air and asked if she could watch it. She loves the Sister Grimm books and she thought this new show looked interesting. We LOVE it! She reminds me each Sunday and counts down the time until we can sit and watch it together.

Christmastime 2004, Christmastime 2006, Halloweentime 2008 and Halloweentime 2010, Christmastime 2011.....will my children ever see the Haunted Mansion in it's original setting????

My daughter, dad and I watch this show. We really like it. I look forward to Sunday evening, mostly because of this show.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

I've really liked it so far. I like the different twist on the stories, I like the mystery, I really like the Emma character and her conflict with the whole thing. I'm excited that we're getting more into the story and the characters are interacting enough that you wonder what they know and what they don't. That Mr. Gold, he's really interesting!

Keep Moving Forward!

Also loving it!

A funny aside -- the Tinkerteen and I watched the pilot, and enjoyed it enough that we saved it for my hubby. When he got around to watching, he commented midway through that it was unfolding awfully slowly. (We weren't in the room where he was watching.) When the episode was over, he was quite disappointed -- turns out he thought it was a movie. He didn't realize until it ended that it was a series and that he'd have to keep coming back...

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

17 yo daughter and I are watching. I haven't seen this weeks episode yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    Also loving it!

A funny aside -- the Tinkerteen and I watched the pilot, and enjoyed it enough that we saved it for my hubby. When he got around to watching, he commented midway through that it was unfolding awfully slowly. (We weren't in the room where he was watching.) When the episode was over, he was quite disappointed -- turns out he thought it was a movie. He didn't realize until it ended that it was a series and that he'd have to keep coming back...
    Hehe! That's funny. My husband said "aw, is that it?" at the end of this week's episode. We're ready for more! I'm thrilled that the hubby thinks it's fun, he makes fun of me for watching Castle.
    Keep Moving Forward!

I like it too. Reminds me of a blend of Sisters Grimm books. I am curious and anxious as to how the story will unfold and how many seasons they can keep it up once the main storyline they are working on now is finished.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Me too. I don't want it to get as stretched and complicated as Lost did. But I'd like more than one season. I don't know how they do both of those things together, lol. But I'm hopeful!

Keep Moving Forward!

Ok, some interesting things about last night's episode. If you haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled then don't peek!

1. Henry hasn't decided who Mr. Gold is in his story yet. Is this because he just hasn't seen him much, or because Mr. Gold is trying to hide it? Will Henry figure it out now, with the tie to Cinderella's baby? Henry DID seem to realize who Ashley was.

2. When a deal with Rumpel is fulfilled in Storybrooke then it counts and satisfies all the terms he set in Fairy Tale. We saw that Prince Thomas/Sean went missing when they trapped Rumpel, but when Emma transfered the debt to herself then Sean came back to Ashley. Interesting. And what a good sport Thomas was in Fairy Tale to not freak out at Ella for making the deal in the first place.

3. Regina and the sheriff!!! Eeek! Looks like Emma could be well on her way to ruining Regina's life just like Snow did, because I do think Graham likes her. Hmm.

What do you think?
    Keep Moving Forward!

The ending was interesting....where is that going to go?

Have a Disney Day!

Thanks for starting this thread, AJ! I absolutely love this show! It's one of the most creative programs to come around in a long time. BTW, World of Disney (Anaheim) was passing out free bookmarks for Once Upon a Time last night when we were leaving. What a great way to end the day at DL!

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    The ending was interesting....where is that going to go?
    No idea. But I have a feeling it won't do much to make Regina like Emma more.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechows View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, AJ! I absolutely love this show! It's one of the most creative programs to come around in a long time. BTW, World of Disney (Anaheim) was passing out free bookmarks for Once Upon a Time last night when we were leaving. What a great way to end the day at DL!
    Oh cool! I'm excited to get talking about this show, it's really making me think! I like the complexity. And the swords. And the guys in the awesome prince shirts.
    Keep Moving Forward!

We are enjoying it. But one thing was never so clear to me until now--what's with Rumpelstiltskin and young children?

Just found the show and plan to spend this weekend catching up! I do wonder though, what/how Snow white ruined the Queen's life.

So it turns out that Ruple is quite the child dealer, huh?

Anyone watch last night? I saw it coming, but I was so upset when:

David remembered the WRONG memories!!! I mean, obviously he couldn't choose Mary right now, the show is only six episodes in, but still. Sigh. I was trying to decide if Mr. Gold was happy that he remembered the wrong memories, or hoping he'd remember the right ones. I'm starting to think Gold/Rumple is just a troublemaker who likes to mess with people, lol.

I wonder why some people have such different personalities in Storybrooke vs Fairytale. Is it because their happy endings are gone, or because their fake memories alter their attitude so much? Hmmmm...

And the promo for next week. I just know they're going to leave me hanging until January. Those mean writers!
    Keep Moving Forward!

I only "kind of" got to watch the story unfold last night, so I think I am going to pop online later to see if I can watch it. BUT I am glad that Emma got to see the Sheriff coming out of the Mayor's house and she was disgusted by his actions. That woman makes me so mad! (The mayor.) And I feel really bad for Mary... I can't wait to see more of this show. Scratch that, I can't wait to get the DVD so I can watch it over and over!!!

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

I haz a sad after watching last weeks episode.

Have a Disney Day!

Did anyone else see the "hidden" Mickey?

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Did anyone else see the "hidden" Mickey?

I'm loving the show, but whuuutttt, hidden Mickey where?
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm loving the show, but whuuutttt, hidden Mickey where?
    If you watched sunday's, (I just finished it, I dvr shows)

as she is walking out of Gold's shop (after the fire) the camera pans back to him leaning on a display counter. In the display is a Mickey. I couldn't tell if it was a plush or an old Mickey phone.

awww I deleted mine already, but I can watch it on Xfininty. Only problem is you can't fast forward with ABC and FOX shows. Thanks!

WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Try watching on Hulu. You can see it at 25:26, 25:44, and 26:44

Oooh, I'll have to rewatch it! I wonder if it was just that episode or if there's one in every episode.