Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: ART vs. Taxi - Transportation from Hotel - DLR/DCA

Blog Entries

Cool ART vs. Taxi - Transportation from Hotel - DLR/DCA

Okay - Is it better to try and use ART or a taxi from hotel to DLR/DCA? I know how to use a taxi service - pretty easy and universal, but ART is completely new to me since I've never used it and only seen it mentioned on here - is there a phone number you call to get a pick up? What's the system?

Any input on this is appreciated.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

If you tell us what hotel you are at, it might be easier. Depending on where you stay and how many in your party, and how many times you plan to go to the park a day. We use ART. It is $4 per day per adult, and $10 for 3 days. Taxis will run between $5-10 each way, plus tip, and they drop you in DTD parking lot. We usually use ART. You simply wait where the sign is. Example, for Residence Inn Maingate (route 7), they usually pick up every 20 mins (10, 30, adn 50 after the hour) at building 6. La Quinta (route 8), they pick up on the backside of the hotel about every 15 mins. Motel 6 (route 16), they pick up by the front door. Hilton (route 5) they pick up in front on Convention Way every 15 mins. Marriott (route 4) they pick up in front of the hotel about every 15 mins. These 2 are so close if one just left, walk across the street to the other one.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

We're staying at Abby's Anaheimer Inn - it's closer to the residential area - I called and they said there is a shuttle that picks up across the street - I'm assuming they were talking about ART?

We're going THIS Thursday - Saturday.

Blog Entries

I just found the website for it - Looks like we'll be on Route 9. We'll have to buy the passes from the Kiosk at the Anabella Hotel Thursday morning and then we can get a pick up drop off the rest of the days at the Best Western Pavilions.

Thank you for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by jackieeekitty View Post
    I just found the website for it - Looks like we'll be on Route 9. We'll have to buy the passes from the Kiosk at the Anabella Hotel Thursday morning and then we can get a pick up drop off the rest of the days at the Best Western Pavilions.

Thank you for the help!

I used it for my family the last few days we were at Disneyland and it saved our feet especially after a long park day. It made coming back to the hotel for a mid day break a lot more palatable. Keep in mind that the drivers have a lunch break - 1-2pm I think so getting a shuttle at that time might be tough. They mention the break time on their website. Have fun!

edit: they've revamped their website since I last looked and I can't find mention of a break.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweethannah View Post
    I used it for my family the last few days we were at Disneyland and it saved our feet especially after a long park day. It made coming back to the hotel for a mid day break a lot more palatable. Keep in mind that the drivers have a lunch break - 1-2pm I think so getting a shuttle at that time might be tough. They mention the break time on their website. Have fun!

edit: they've revamped their website since I last looked and I can't find mention of a break.
    Our last few trips, they haven't done the lunch break.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

It's just my fiance and I going so I don't think we'll head back to the hotel for breaks in the day, but I'll have to ask Thursday if/when they take lunch - that will be good to know just in case.

Yes, that's the biggest thing - My finance hasn't been before and DLR & DCA are A LOT of walking and standing so I want to minimize the walking/standing outside the parks as much possible.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also note the time of the last shuttle. If you need to catch a taxi back (because you stopped in DTD after park close) probably easiest to go to the GC to get a taxi. They usually have them on the far side of the ART buses, towards Harbor -- but I wouldn't count on that after the shuttles are done.

Cathy