Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Contributing Writer
    April 9 - 15, 2012
    Buena Vista Street Entertainment | The Citizens of Buena Vista Street |Destination D |Resort Transportation | This and That... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

All Kinkades were mysteriously absent from Off the Page this past weekend....I really hope my suspicions of price gouging were not at work.

So Disney is going to immerse us in the 1920's and 1930,s. I may be a little fuzzy on those times, but if I remember my high school history correctly, that is about the same time as the Great Depression. I really have no desire to be transported to that period in time.

Great update

All of the weekly updates have so much info but I thought this weeks informed me of some I had no idea about.

I didn't realize all of the new things that will be happening in DCA. I knew Carsland, the trolley and the stuff we have been talking about. But the CMs walking around in costumes and interacting with guest, the musical shows, that's so cool. I think it will be totally Disney and can't wait to see it in person.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked the green STOP sign in the police officer's costume in the picture! I bet that's part of 'subject to change'!

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I liked the green STOP sign in the police officer's costume in the picture! I bet that's part of 'subject to change'!
    That's funny I had to go back and look, I missed it when reading the report.

My fuzzy history recollection is that there was some firsts going on in Film, TV and Radio in the 20s. I know that near the end of the 20s there was the debut of the short "Plane Crazy".
    This seems relevant. However, other random facts that I remember from that time period is Prohibition, Women's Right to Vote, Teapot Scandal, Stockmarket Crash, FDR's New Deal, Lindbergh Baby, Manhatten Project. That doesn't seem very relevant or fun at all, does it? But I am not a history buff, so maybe, hopefully, there was more going on in those decades that work with DCA?

Great update. I like the ideas for the entertainment on Buena Vista Street.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Actually I believe it was not until the 40s maybe 50s when the stop sign was made universal red octagon before that deferent states even deferent county’s had different stop signs

ok ilooked stope signs were not red tell 1971

I know I am a bit late to this post but I just wat to say we were at DL on Saturday April 9th and the crowds were very light. All of the crowd trackers said 10 of 10, but we didn't wait for more them 25 minutes for any ride we wanted to go on. We DID use FastPass but even without FP we got right on everything on we wanted.
    Anyone else there that day? Any thoughts?

Thanks for listening
    DisneyMatt