Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disney releases 2013 itineraries for the Magic & Wonder

Disney releases 2013 itineraries for the Magic & Wonder

On sale for Gold & Platinum Castaway Club member is tomorrow; on sale for the public is on the 26th...

CELEBRATION, Fla. (Jan. 24, 2012) – In 2013, Disney Cruise Line will offer new itineraries, including an expanded portfolio of European cruises with new destinations such as Venice, Italy, and the Greek Isles. In addition, Disney Cruise Line will utilize a second homeport in Florida, with Caribbean sailings departing from the Port of Miami for the first time.

With the addition of the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy to the fleet of cruise ships, Disney Cruise Line is able to take more families to more destinations around the world. Disney Cruise Line has always catered to the unique vacation needs of families, and next year will be enhancing the cruise options for guests — whether it’s sun and sand in the Caribbean, outdoor adventures in Alaska or experiencing the wonders of Europe.

Highlights of the Disney Cruise Line 2013 schedule (which can be booked beginning Jan. 26, 2012) include…

Mediterranean from Barcelona

Beginning June 1, 2013, the Disney Magic returns to Europe with plenty of new twists to the Mediterranean itineraries, including a four-night option and special 12-night sailings in addition to seven-night itineraries that treat guests to the best of Europe during the three-month season.

The new 12-night sailings visit destinations such as Venice, Italy, and Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast on one itinerary and Ephesus, Turkey and the Greek Isles including Athens, on another. Each itinerary will offer a sailing departing in June and another departing in July.

All itineraries depart from Barcelona, Spain, as the Disney Magic takes guests on an exciting journey of richly diverse cities, cultures and people. With romantic boulevards, bustling bazaars, iconic locations, mild climates, sun-drenched islands and the brilliant blue Mediterranean Sea, guests will enjoy a world-class family vacation with legendary Disney guest service.

Rates start at $796 per person for four-night cruises, $1,015 per person for seven-night cruises and $2,244 for 12-night cruises departing from Barcelona for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Four-night Mediterranean Getaway

Ports: Barcelona; Nice (Villefranche), France; Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Departure dates: July 9, Aug. 6

Seven-night Mediterranean Cruise

Ports: Barcelona; Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence (La Spezia), Italy; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Naples, Italy

Departure dates: June 1, 8, Aug. 10, 17, 24, 31

12-night Mediterranean with Greece

Ports: Barcelona; Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence (La Spezia), Italy; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Mykonos, Greece; Valetta, Malta

Departure dates: June 15, July 13

12-night Mediterranean with Venice

Ports: Barcelona; Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence (La Spezia), Italy; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Naples, Italy; Venice, Italy (overnight); Dubrovnik, Croatia; Valetta, Malta

Departure dates: June 27, July 25

Bahamas and Western Caribbean from Miami

Disney Cruise Line will sail from Miami for the first time on Dec. 23, 2012. One six- and one seven-night Caribbean sailing aboard the Disney Wonder will set the stage for a schedule of four- and five-night cruises from Miami to the Bahamas and Western Caribbean between Jan. 5, 2013, and May 2, 2013. The four- and five-night cruises have a variety of itineraries. Ports of call may include Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman; Key West; Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

The itineraries offer families magical days at sea to explore all of the fun aboard the Disney Wonder and days in port to lounge on warm, golden beaches, to swim and snorkel in azure waters or to shop to their heart’s content in exotic marketplaces.

Rates for four- and five-night cruises departing from Miami start at $440 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Five-night Caribbean

Ports: Miami, Cozumel, Castaway Cay

Departure dates: Jan. 5, 19, Feb, 2, 16, March 2, 16, 30, April 13, 27

Five-night Caribbean

Ports: Miami, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Departure dates: Jan. 14, 28, Feb. 11, 25, March 11, 25, April 8, 22

Four-night Bahamas

Ports: Miami, Key West, Nassau, Castaway Cay

Departure dates: Jan. 10, 24, Feb. 7, 21, March 7, 21, April 4, 18, May 2

Western Caribbean from Galveston

The Disney Magic, which will begin sailing from Texas in 2012, will continue to sail from the Port of Galveston through May 2013, to the Western Caribbean.

Rates start at $750 per person for six-night cruises and $920 per person for eight-night cruises departing from Galveston for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Six-night Caribbean

Ports: Galveston, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Departure dates: Dec. 15 and 29, 2012, Jan. 12, 26, Feb. 9, 23, March 9, 23, April 6, 20. May 4

Eight-night Caribbean

Ports: Galveston, Key West, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Departure dates: Dec. 21, 2012, Jan. 4, 18, Feb. 1, 15, March 1, 15, 29, April 12, 26, May 10

Alaska from Vancouver

Beginning May 27, 2013, the Disney Wonder will sail seven-night cruises from Vancouver to Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska.

These cruises will combine the natural wonder and adventurous spirit of Alaska with the unparalleled, family-friendly experience found on a Disney Cruise Line ship. Disney Cruise Line worked closely with Alaskan tour operators to create exclusive-to-Disney family-friendly Port Adventures that allow guests to best experience Alaska’s natural beauty and rich history.

Rates for seven-night Alaska cruises departing from Vancouver start at $1,015 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Seven-night Alaska

Ports: Vancouver, Tracy Arm (scenic cruising through fjord), Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan

Departure dates: May 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2

Caribbean and Bahamas from Port Canaveral

The Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream will continue to sail a variety of Caribbean and Bahamian itineraries departing from Port Canaveral.

The Disney Fantasy will sail out of Port Canaveral on seven-night Caribbean itineraries – alternating eastern (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) and western (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel). Special Eastern Caribbean sailings, January through April 2013, stop at San Juan, Puerto Rico. All Disney Fantasy itineraries include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

Rates for seven-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Fantasy start at $1,085 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

The Disney Dream will sail three-, four- and five-night cruises from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

Rates for three- and four-night Bahamian cruises on the Disney Dream start at $450 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

2. # ADS

I'm less then thrilled at the ports out of Miami. Been there done that. As I thought the ship is pulled out of the area for the summer when it would be nice to have options. The only way I could see us doing this is if we get a great last minute FL res rate and my kids have a few non traditional days off school.

Now if money was a non issue I would love the 7 night Med cruise.

Thanks for posting Mary. I'll be contacting you on Wed now as it's clear that Thursday is going to be a busy day for you.

Mily

Color me a little disappointed at not having some new ports on the itinerary from Miami. I had really been hoping for Aruba and Curacao. That would have been enticing to me.

But hey! there's going to be some Panama Canal transits and repos between the west coast and Miami...that's pretty fun stuff!

A repo trip would be fun and air fare only one way!

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Very disappointed that they are pulling out of Los Angeles

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty's mom View Post
    Very disappointed that they are pulling out of Los Angeles
    Me, too - hope they make base camp in San Pedro for the fall though - before going PC back to Florida... maybe 3s and 4s to take advantage of all the updates at Disneyland?
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    But hey! there's going to be some Panama Canal transits and repos between the west coast and Miami...that's pretty fun stuff!
    Any info on the repo cruises yet, Mary?
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    Color me a little disappointed at not having some new ports on the itinerary from Miami. I had really been hoping for Aruba and Curacao. That would have been enticing to me.
    Me too!

I just checked and my children's only break that would work for one of these trips is the 5 nights to Grand Cayman and Cozumel with no stop in Castaway Cay. Really, what's the point of a DCL out of FL without Castaway Cay? I know Disney isn't asking but in my opinion this stinks!

Mily
    Last edited by Niwel; 01-24-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: fixed vb code

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Any info on the repo cruises yet, Mary?
    I imagine I'll find out details of those at about 4 am tomorrow morning, when I'm on the phone for the start of bookings (7 am Florida time).

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Me, too - hope they make base camp in San Pedro for the fall though - before going PC back to Florida... maybe 3s and 4s to take advantage of all the updates at Disneyland?
    No word on what the ship will do when it leaves Vancouver. It's interesting, how the different cruise lines reposition at the end of the Alaska season. Some come straight down the coast and through the canal. Others meander out to Hawaii before they go to their winter destination. Time will tell.

Mexico has been a difficult market, not just for Disney but for other cruise lines as well. Other cruise lines spend some of the winter in LA. Again, time will tell.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    A repo trip would be fun and air fare only one way!
    Some of us would have TWO one-way air fares! (But for a repro, I'd do it).

I just wish they'd have cruised out of New Orleans (instead of Galveston) - but I'm sure Galveston gave them some nice incentives to help build their cruise business back up. (Or maybe they don't like bringing the ships into fresh water and having to have a river pilot - but how cool to go down a river in a big ship like that!)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Some of us would have TWO one-way air fares! (But for a repro, I'd do it).

I just wish they'd have cruised out of New Orleans (instead of Galveston) - but I'm sure Galveston gave them some nice incentives to help build their cruise business back up. (Or maybe they don't like bringing the ships into fresh water and having to have a river pilot - but how cool to go down a river in a big ship like that!)
    After I posted that I realized it wouldn't be in LA other than the initial repo this December so I'm outta luck anyways.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

I'm interested in the European cruises, specifically the 12 day ones. Tough decision between the two itineraries though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    After I posted that I realized it wouldn't be in LA other than the initial repo this December so I'm outta luck anyways.
    Actually, I believe the repo in May 2013 will end in LA. Then it will head up north to Alaska for the summer. So we will get to see the Wonder here for at least one day in 2013, LOL. But I still have my finger's crossed that they will decide to keep the Wonder in LA for some Fall 2013 cruises (I would love some 3 or 4 night options).
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very disappointed that they didn't try 4 and 5 day cruises out of LA. Would have easily sold out. I have absolutely no interest in cruising out of Miami (if DCL thinks there are problems with the drug czars in Mexico, what do they think happens in Miami?).

Guess we're going to Kauai.

Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post
    Actually, I believe the repo in May 2013 will end in LA. Then it will head up north to Alaska for the summer. So we will get to see the Wonder here for at least one day in 2013, LOL. But I still have my finger's crossed that they will decide to keep the Wonder in LA for some Fall 2013 cruises (I would love some 3 or 4 night options).
    Yes, indeed. The May repo will come to LA. Then it's a 7-night coastal repo to Vancouver. No word on the fall, though.

Headless Chicken

Bye-bye Wonder.

Looks like I'll just have to do the Med instead.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

We sailed before (twice on the Wonder) and would love to do a 12 day Europe cruise and would like a 1 bedroom suite, but as of the afternoon of Jan 25 all suites were taken as per the cruiseline website. Should I contact a TA and be put on a waiting list? Do they ever become available?

We're very sorry to see the decision Disney has made. Given the state of the economy, how does Disney think they will be able to sustain all FOUR ships on the East Coast, especially once the Fantasy launches? For DCL to offer 4 and 5 night Wonder cruises offered from Port of Miami when they didn't offer them here first just boggles the mind. After the initial novelty wears off, my prediction is that there will be many empty cabins over in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by papeyko View Post
    We sailed before (twice on the Wonder) and would love to do a 12 day Europe cruise and would like a 1 bedroom suite, but as of the afternoon of Jan 25 all suites were taken as per the cruiseline website. Should I contact a TA and be put on a waiting list? Do they ever become available?
    Yes they do. For the October Hawaii sailing we originally booked a Cat S and went on the waiting list for a Cat R. It wasn't even two weeks later the R became available, Disney contacted my TA, and they bumped us up.
    Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovechows View Post
    For DCL to offer 4 and 5 night Wonder cruises offered from Port of Miami when they didn't offer them here first just boggles the mind.
    Because they don't have to go to Mexico from Miami. Mexico has a REALLY BAD reputation right now in the tourist general public. If Disney can keep all 4 ships full is another question, but it's not totally mind boggling when you look at it with the fact that 'nobody' wants to go to Mexico right now.

(I was hoping they'd come to New Orleans - can do some great and easy 'Adventures by Disney' add-ons before/after the cruise here! Swamp tours, plantation tours (including a plantation where you can buy the version of the Br'er Rabbit stories written BEFORE Joel Chandler Harris wrote his!), Mississippi River tours, French Quarter/Garden District History or buildings tours, War of 1812 tours (Battle of New Orleans - it even has a DL tie in with Jean Lafitte being the 'privateer' that helped Andrew Jackson - and they named the loading dock on Pirates in DL "Lafitte's Landing" for him), WWII museum - ok that one is easy enough to do on your own)

(Privateer is PC for "a pirate on your side")
    Cathy

We had hoped the short cruises from LA would be in California. DCL could easily have scheduled trips to Catalina Island, San Diego, and San Francisco--and then stop in Ensenada for a few hours to fulfill the international requirement.

I just read the latest travel advisory the State Department issued about Mexico and there's no way we're going there--which is why we haven't gone on the cruises this entire time the ships have been here. But there were other options which apparently weren't even considered or at least tried. Our AAA travel agent told us that Disney's original plans were to have the cruise ship stationed in Long Beach and to take short itineraries. Many people really didn't want to go through San Pedro so that was another unfortunate decision by DCL.

Cathy--I love your idea about cruising out of New Orleans. That would have been something we would have been very interested in. Miami is almost as dangerous as Mexico--was there years ago for a conference and have avoided it ever since (talk about drug wars--you can just visit that city. Anyone remember Miami Vice?) Galveston? Not a chance. But New Orleans? I've always wanted to go there so that would have been very cool!

lovechows, if you have such concerns about Miami regarding crime but no issues with New Orleans, you have some catching up to do. Miami Vice was 20 years ago, but the fallout from Hurricane Katrina (less than 7 years ago) is much more recent.

Blog Entries

Nobody locally is blaming the current crime level on fallout from Katrina.

And I was just reminded on the radio this morning that we weren't the murder capital of the US (per capita) in 2011. We we second! Not exactly something to celebrate, though.

ETA: And personally, I'd view Miami as a 'place to fly into and sleep one night and then get on a ship', where there's going to be a lot less opportunity for violence.

MOST of the violent crime in New Orleans is 'criminal on criminal' - but unfortunately, not all of it. (Including a good samaratin who was shot helping a woman who was being car jacked.)

Last edited by Drince88; 02-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Cathy

Thanks.