Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Laundry Service

Laundry Service

Can anybody tell me the price of the coin operated laundry as well as the cost of the concierge laundry service that's available at the resorts speciifcally I'm staying at all-star music but I am sure it is the same for all of them

First Disney Trip Jan 28 - Feb 7th 2012 and I think I'm more excited than my kids.

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I haven't used the laundry services but I have used the on-site laundry facilities. If memory serves, it was $2.00 to wash--maybe $2.50. The washers are a bit smallish, so for two of us (one adult, one child), I used THREE washers to wash 5 days' worth of laundry. The dryers are larger, but they're not the hottest ones in the world. My whites got done in one turn, but my darks needed another run through. I think I spent around $12.

It was kind of like college laundry all over again--I had to jockey for position for the washers, but I may have just hit the timing wrong. I have used the facilities at Pop Century (two different laundry sites), and POFrench Quarter several times. I LOVE going home with clean laundry, so I always use the laundry rooms.

I have also used the ones in the villas, one at Beach Club Villas and one at Kidani Village. Those were really nice because you didn't have to stay around to watch your laundry dry.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Had same experiences as Tina. The nice part is that at some locations, the laundry is near the pools. So you can, in essence, do something while doing laundry. Not sure if that is the case at ASMu, but just a general comment.

We did a lot of late-night washing, to avoid the crowds. I remember falling asleep on one of the loungers near one of the quiet pools at the Beach Club doing laundry. (It was kinda funny, but still rather relaxing.)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure that at Music the laundry IS near one of the pools.

Also, don't forget laundry detergent/softner/etc.
    I use the Purex 3 in 1 sheets (tried them out at home because I do sometimes have issues with reactions to laundry chemicals) - and those were SUPER easy to pack and no worries about spillage. Just put a few in a zip lock bag and voila.

Cathy

I try not to do laundry on vacation, but when I've had to use the WDW machines, I agree with the above, and I'll add be sure to bring quarters, because the change machines seem to never be working and it's a PITA to scramble for them.

I'm pretty sure there is no dry cleaning/ pick up service at the All-Stars, you probably have to be at a Deluxe resort for that.

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

Quote Originally Posted by jengold29 View Post
    I try not to do laundry on vacation, but when I've had to use the WDW machines, I agree with the above, and I'll add be sure to bring quarters, because the change machines seem to never be working and it's a PITA to scramble for them.

I'm pretty sure there is no dry cleaning/ pick up service at the All-Stars, you probably have to be at a Deluxe resort for that.
    From the WDW site it appears there is http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...-music-resort/ under the amenities section so was wondering the cost if anybody has used it
    First Disney Trip Jan 28 - Feb 7th 2012 and I think I'm more excited than my kids.

Blog Entries

Wow, learn something new every day! I wouldn't have expected that service to be available at the All Stars.

If I'm doing an All Stars stay, it's usually because it's a budget trip (I enjoy the little extras at the Moderates, personally - but it's a personal thing) - and so there's no way I'd be paying for someone else to do laundry.

Cathy

We take 2 week trips to Disney so I always have to do laundry. The dryers are a pain and take ages. My advice is to only half load them.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

And with some humor... here is a gentle reminder that there are signs that say "DO NOT PUT SHOES IN THE DRYER!"
    That is a good rule to heed. Trust me - I speak from personal experience.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

why? seriously...why?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    why? seriously...why?
    Well, you know how some of the dryers are stacked on top of each other?
    Well, being desperate after an unexpected Spring monsoon last year, I put some shoes in a top dryer. I started said dryer.

In the dryer directly below it, I put in some clothes as well.

At the same time, the force of the shoes hitting the dryer door above me banged the door open with enough force to smack me in the head just as I was standing up. It was an AFV moment, for sure.

Now, I know that is not the real reason why they say not to put shoes in the dryer, but still. Regardless, I renewed my desire to heed all signs and placards that are posted in the laundry rooms.

There... you can all start your Monday with a good laugh. Learn from my fail!

You're welcome.

Well, I didn't read it until Wednesday morning, but same said laugh still erupted. Thank you. LOLOLOL!!!!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I use the Purex 3 in 1 sheets (tried them out at home because I do sometimes have issues with reactions to laundry chemicals) - and those were SUPER easy to pack and no worries about spillage. Just put a few in a zip lock bag and voila.
    I pack these in my suitcase as well. I just put a couple sheets in a ziplock bag since I could only find a 20 count at the store. That suits me fine though because I keep them in the motorhome, too.

Wow, GusMan. OUCH!

I've used laundry service, but I've only stayed at deluxe resorts and I've never had them do a full load. I have had them launder DS's PJs and blankie when we've had night time accidents. Incidentally I've also had them have to steam and dry the sofa bed. *rolls eyes*
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Hubby had a reaction to the Purex 3 in 1 sheets so we tried the Tide "pods" that dissolve in the wash water. They traveled well. I was a little worried that one might get punctured or something and leak, but if you place them in your bags just right they will be fine. Of course we also had them packed in a Ziploc bag too.

Blog Entries

Just curious, did you use the 'fragrance free' 3-in-1?

I did see those Tide pods the other day and thought thye might be an option. Are they liquid or powder inside?

Cathy

I think those Tide pods look like the bomb! I'm not getting the cleaning power behind the 3-1 sheets (kids, you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Just curious, did you use the 'fragrance free' 3-in-1?

I did see those Tide pods the other day and thought thye might be an option. Are they liquid or powder inside?
    They are liquid.

I don't remember what we got on the Purex sheets. We threw away the box and they're in a Ziploc bag right now. It was odd that DH had a reaction though. I'm usually the one with sensitive skin not him when it comes to laundry products.

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    I think those Tide pods look like the bomb! I'm not getting the cleaning power behind the 3-1 sheets (kids, you know....
    They worked out great and than I just threw some loose fabric softener sheets in the suitcases when we packed and used those too when we did laundry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    They are liquid.
    Bummer for me, since I often do carry-on only. They'd have to go in my quart baggie. (And it's usually when I'm packing lighter that I need to do laundry.)
    Cathy