Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DisneyFunFamily4 and HannahBelle's Spring Break Adventure ~ April 6-15, 2012

Get well soon friend!!
    Im glad we did laundry at the WL on Friday so my laundry wont be too bad tonight!!

To piggy back onto DDF4's report, we had a wonderful breakfast at Kona. DD and I had an easy time navigating ourselves around the resorts. We had to wait a little bit at AKL to check out and wait for the bell person to come get our luggage and transfer it to OKW. After he left with our bags we went to catch the MK bus and than hop on the Monorail. We caught the "Avenger Rail" on the way to Kona. We got there a tad early so we did go into the resort shop at the Poly (one of my favorites). Oh and BTW, we were told that Disney does NOT have "gift shops" only "Merchandise experiences". So we had LOTS of merchandise experiences together. LOL!!

Our check in at OKW went smoothly, it isn't my favorite resort now that I've been to 4 different ones, but there were things about it that I really liked. For example, I loved the room. It was spacious and I liked the two queen beds. I didn't like how spread out everything was. We were near the freeway so it was a little loud at night. DD and I really lucked out with the buses there. Several times we caught the bus and only had to wait 5 or 10 minutes. Several times we even had the entire bus to ourselves. We loved the water-slide on the pool too!

Earl of Sandwich was delicious as usual and we had fun in the pin shop searching for cast member pins. I found a pin I had been searching for since December on the cast member there. Yay!!

2. # ADS

Oh the Earl of Sandwich! I can't wait! So happy they are putting one in DTD in Cali, so I won't miss it anymore since we go to CA every summer!

So which resort is your fav HB?

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post

So which resort is your fav HB?
    Right now I would say WL. I love the ambiance and we all felt at home there. The pool was awesome and I love the view of the lake and the water taxi to the Magic Kingdom.
    However, AK was beautiful and I loved loved loved seeing the animals and everything is pretty close together so you can get to the Quick service food and pool fairly easy.

Now I cant forget the Boardwalk villas since that was our very first resort that we stayed at in Dec. When we were over there during this trip I had total nostalgia of that first trip. The BW area is so fun and I really love that you can walk to BOTH Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I would love to stay at the Beach Club Villas someday too.

Hope you feel better quick DFF4!

Kona just sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    it isn't my favorite resort now that I've been to 4 different ones, but there were things about it that I really liked.
    Which resort has been your favorite?
    Our First WDW trip is coming up... March 2016!
    Staying 10 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and 4 nights at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!
    Me, DH, DS11, DS8, & DS5

WWT, yes Kona is wonderful for breakfast and the lunch and dinner menu looks great too!! Ive had breakfast there twice now and its a favorite for sure.

See my previous post, but I would say now its WL.
    Im hoping to get a chance to stay at Bay Lake Tower next trip. :-) If BLT is booked/ unavailable we will try for VWL just because all our friends are booked at BLT already and VWL would be the closest to BLT.

WWT, yes Kona is wonderful for breakfast and the lunch and dinner menu looks great too!! Ive had breakfast there twice now and its a favorite for sure.

See my previous post, but I would say now its WL.
    Im hoping to get a chance to stay at Bay Lake Tower next trip. :-) If BLT is booked/ unavailable we will try for VWL just because all our friends are booked at BLT already and VWL would be the closest to BLT.
    Woops! I must not have refreshed before I replied. I didn't see that post! WL looks like fun.
    Our First WDW trip is coming up... March 2016!
    Staying 10 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and 4 nights at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!
    Me, DH, DS11, DS8, & DS5

Quote Originally Posted by wwomant View Post
    Woops! I must not have refreshed before I replied. I didn't see that post! WL looks like fun.
    It was!! Im so bummed that its all over. So depressing but lots of fun memories were made.
    One thing I really like about the resorts is that they have outdoor movies. We watched Lion King on the beach one night on lounge chairs. FUN.

Hb...What is OKW? I can't wait to check out the CSR for the hearts and report on 5 days at AKL!
    I am so loving the report.

Dff4...My dh said to tell your dh, he knows what that feels like.
    He said he'll act at Dh's back up the next time we are all at DL. Plus he'll take for a beer at ESPN. lol

He said only thing worse is trying to round up 5 women at a huge antique mall. LOL he should know.

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    Hb...What is OKW?
    Old Key West Resort (by the Down Town Disney area)

Just for the official record a lot of our merchandise experiences really didn't involve spending money. A lot of times we popped into stores to search for pins and pin boards. :-)

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

I have to chime it. VWL were amazing. we loved staying there. we had previously done two nights in the lodge and knew we wanted to come back. We all voted as a family and decided on WL this trip if we could get it. We love BLT for the location but we love the feel at WL and it was great to be able to stay for 8 nights and enjoy all the resort has to offer. i was just bummed that the roof area was closed so they were not doing the "flag family" while we were there.

Tuesday.

We started got up and made coffee and had breakfast in the room. After we
    got ready we headed over to DHS to meet up with HB and her DD for rope drop
    (9am). At every park all week they would let the guests in about 15 minutes
    early and the parks would be open, so in essence the parks all opened about
    15 minutes early all week. We arrived just as they were letting guests in
    and we met up with HB right inside the gate. DH, DD11, HB and her DD headed
    over to ride RnR. DD8 and I went to get FPs for Toy Story. There was no
    line for the FPs yet and our FP time was 1015-1115. The standby line was
    already 30 minutes at that point so we didnt opted against that. We walked
    around and checked out some store while we waited. We met back up with our
    group and stopped for pics with piglet. HB was making a autograph book for
    her DH for his B-day with all the characters pics and signatures in it.
    Then we headed over to the great movie ride. It was HB and her DDs first
    time. I know its old and its seen better days, but we like it! It always
    makes me want to run home and watch a bunch of old movies.

After great move ride we went on star tours. We had a great ride sequence.
    We had the middle part of the ride before but the end was new. It was time
    for our TS FPs so we headed over there, always a fun ride but I would never
    wait 190 minutes in the stand by line for it. Thats just crazy to me. HB
    had been given Lights, Motor, Action, Stunt show FPs this morning (as had
    just about everyone else in the park) so we headed over there. This was
    the first time for us seeing the show, HB had seen it in Dec. It really was
    a fun show. We all enjoyed it. After the show it was time for lunch. We
    had lunch ressies at SciFi, yay! We had done this before and really enjoyed
    it. It was a first for HB and her DD. I had a veggie burger with sweet
    potatoes fries and DH had the burger (I think) both the girls had kids
    meals. I have to say my veggie burger was amazing. And the sweet potatoes
    fries I could not stop eating, they were so good. I know HB and her DD had
    onion rings and shared an entre. But I dont remember what it was, perhaps
    because I was so engrossed in my meal. LOL! The girls love watching the old
    movie clips and the ambiance in SciFi is just fun. Oh and we were seated in
    a red car to match our tee shirts. I was stuffed from lunch but I had to
    try the infamous carrot cake cookie from the writers stop (and since we were
    right there) yum, it was very good.

The girls had been begging to do Muppet vision since they have not yet seen
    it at WDW (they have however seen it about 300 times at DCA) so we promised
    them we could see it this trip. We were surprised how this theatre fills
    up. Usually at DCA we are one of about three groups watching the show. DD8
    wanted to go to the Muppet store, she is a huge Muppet fan. We did Walt-
    One Mans Dream next. This was again new for HB and her DD. We spent a good
    deal of time looking around before the movie. Then we headed over to the
    Animation Academy and got a pic with Pooh. The line was way to long for
    Sorcerer Mickey so we opted against that. It was hot and we were all tired
    so we all headed back to our resorts for some pool time.

We got back to the resort and headed back to the pool. DH and I had adult
    beverages while the girls swam. After awhile we all started to get hungry
    again (it had been a good 5 hours since our last meal and we usually dont
    go more than 3 without eating at Disney. Good thing Disney calories dont
    count. We decided to walk over to Ft Wilderness and see what we could find.
    It is such a pretty walk over there and DH wanted to see it. We stopped by
    the stables on our way over and took pics. We needed up getting takeout
    from trails end. We ordered two entrees and a order of BBQ wings which was
    more than enough food for all of us. We sat and ate at a table around the
    side of the porch. We walked around some more after dinner. We were going
    to take the boat back but decided to walk. It was getting dark but DH and
    the girls were hoping to see some deer. DD8 complained a little about the
    walk back but this child never stops moving, she did not take one nap the
    whole time we were done there and believe me we tried. We did see a few
    deer on the way back and it was pitch dark by the time we got back. I think
    I did a load or two of wash before calling it a night. The girls of course
    were asleep in no time.

Tomorrow. 7am rope drop at the MK and CRT!

DD and I said our good byes that afternoon to head over to OKW (our second DVC resort that trip). We made that reservation a little "last minute" so we knew our choice of room would be slim picking. We took the bus from DHS to the OKW and upon arrival at the check in desk I was a little disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm of our arrival by the CM that helped us. No big deal, it was just a let down after the warm welcome that we received at Animal Kingdom. Our CM met us outside at AK and let us sit down in the lobby and than personally brought us our check in packet and went over everything with us. At OKW, it was more along the lines of "here ya go, have a nice day!" after she showed me on the map where our unit was.
    DD and I waited for the Bell Desk to give us a golf cart ride to our room. We settled in, got on our swim suits and took the bus back to the main pool. We snacked on some food at the pool, enjoyed the sun, and enjoyed a few slides down the water slides. The pool area cleared out quickly around dinner time so towards the end of the evening, we almost had the main pool to ourselves. We dried off and went to gift shoppe to look for some trader pins, grabbed a sandwich to go and rode the bus back to the room.
    We took some books down to the small pool by our room, did some laundry and shared a sandwich. If I had been smarter, I should of just hauled the laundry with us down to the main pool and knocked the laundry out while we were swimming than we could of went to bed earlier! ;-)
    The next morning was Magic Kingdom day and the concierge host we talked to while waiting for the bus the evening before warned us that the "first" internal bus to the MK always fills up fast. So I made sure that the next morning we were at the bus stop at 6 am for a 7 am MK opening! We only sat at the bus stop for a few minutes and chatted with a nice couple while we waited. The bus pulled up and the anticipation of a full bus was for nothing. The bus was empty! Not a single person. DD and I were the only ones all the way to the MK. Yes we were the only crazies at the bus stop at o dark thirty!! That concierge host was WRONG! I could of had another 30 minutes of sleep! ;-)
    More to come about our fun breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table.....

Tuesday.

We started some what early, we got up and made coffee and had breakfast in the room. After we got ready we headed over to DHS to meet up with HB and her DD for rope drop (9am). At every park all week they would let the guests in about 15 minutes early and the parks would be open, so in essence the parks all opened about 15 minutes early all week. THere was no actual real rope drop. We arrived just as they were letting guests in
    and we met up with HB right inside the gate. DH, DD11, HB and her DD headed over to ride RnR. DD8 and I went to get FP’s for Toy Story. There was no line for the FP’s yet and our FP time was 1015-1115. The standby line was already 30 minutes at that point so we opted against that. We walked around and checked out some store while we waited. We met back up with our group and stopped for pics with piglet. HB was making a autograph book for her DH for his B-day with all the characters pics and signatures in it. Then we headed over to the great movie ride. It was HB and her DD’s first time. I know it’s old and it’s seen better days, but we like it! It always makes me want to run home and watch a bunch of old movies.

After great move ride we went on star tours. We had a great ride sequence
    We had the middle part of the ride before but the end was new. It was time
    for our TS FP’s so we headed over there, always a fun ride but I would never wait 190 minutes in the stand by line for it. That’s just crazy to me. HB had been given Light’s, Motor, Action, Stunt show FP’s this morning (as had just about everyone else in the park) so we headed over there. This was the first time for us seeing the show, HB had seen it in Dec. It really was a fun show. We all enjoyed it. After the show it was time for lunch. We had lunch ressies at SciFi, yay! We had done this before and really enjoyed it. It was a first for HB and her DD. I had a veggie burger with sweet potatoes fries and DH had the burger (I think) both the girls had kids meals. I have to say my veggie burger was amazing. And the sweet potatoes fries I could not stop eating, they were so good. I know HB and her DD had onion rings and shared an entre. But I don’t remember what it was, perhaps because I was so engrossed in my meal. LOL! The girls love watching the old movie clips and the ambiance in SciFi is just fun. Oh and we were seated in a red car to match our tee shirts. I was stuffed from lunch but I had to try the infamous carrot cake cookie from the writers stop (and since we were right there) yum, it was very good.

The girls had been begging to do Muppet vision since they have not yet seen
    it at WDW (they have however seen it about 300 times at DCA) so we promised
    them we could see it this trip. We were surprised how this theatre fills
    up. Usually at DCA we are one of about three groups watching the show. DD8
    wanted to go to the Muppet store, she is a huge Muppet fan. We did Walt-
    One Mans Dream next. This was again new for HB and her DD. We spent a good deal of time looking around before the movie. Then we headed over to the Animation Academy and got a pic with Pooh. The line was way to long for Sorcerer Mickey so we opted against that. It was hot and we were all tired so we all headed back to our resorts for some pool time.
    We got back to the resort and headed back to the pool. DH and I had adult
    beverages while the girls swam. After awhile we all started to get hungry
    again (it had been a good 5 hours since our last meal and we usually don’t
    go more than 3 without eating at Disney. Good thing Disney calories don’t
    count. We decided to walk over to Ft Wilderness and see what we could find.

It is such a pretty walk over there and DH wanted to see it. We stopped by
    the stables on our way over and took pics. We needed up getting takeout
    from trails end. We ordered two entrees and a order of BBQ wings which was more than enough food for all of us. We sat and ate at a table around the side of the porch. We walked around some more after dinner. We were going to take the boat back but decided to walk. It was getting dark but DH and the girls were hoping to see some deer. DD8 complained a little about the walk back but this child never stops moving, she did not take one nap the whole time we were done there and believe me we tried. We did see a few deer on the way back and it was pitch dark by the time we got back. I think I did a load or two of wash before calling it a night. The girls of course were asleep in no time.

Tomorrow. 7am rope drop at the MK and CRT!

Opps, can you say groundhog day?? Haha! Thanks HB for noticing I already posted Tuesday. I guess I wanted our trip to last longer. I will post Wednesday this morning when I get a chance!

This is what i meant to post last night...

On to Wednesday. We had a 10am CRT ressie which the girls had no idea about.
    We told them it was a MK day and we wanted to get there early for EMH which
    was at 7am. We made our way to the bus stop at about 640am. We just missed
    the MK bus so we waited, and waited. I swear there were busses pulling up
    left and right and they were all for the other parks. We waited about 15
    minutes and decided to walk down to the boat dock. It was perfect timing for the
    boat and we got to watch the sun rise over bay lake. It was going to be
    another glorious FL spring day! HB and her DD had taken the bus to the MK
    and they were in search of characters for her DH's B-day autograph book so we
    headed straight to Fantasyland. Peter Pan was first (oh and we did notice
    that the people who had been waiting for the bus with us were in line behind
    us so the MK bus must have pulled up shortly after we left) Then we rode
    Snow White (I think we rode this just about every time we walked by since we
    knew it would be closing soon. Next it was on to Pooh. DH took DD11 to
    ride Space and DD8 and I did the tea cups. We headed over to the new Dumbo
    location and met up with HB and here DD. We rode goofy's barnstormer , the
    kids rode this a few times as there was no line. Then we hopped on the
    train to main st station. I think we were in need of a Merchandise
    experience. It was almost time to check in for breakfast so we headed back
    to Fantasyland. DH and all the girls rode the carousel and I headed over to
    check in. DH and HB distracted the girls until it was time for us to go in.
    Let me tell you they were so surprised. It took DD8 a few minutes to figure
    it out. HB said "oh, we're just in line to take pics with Cinderella" But
    DD11 figured it our right a way. They were SO excited.

We had a GREAT table right in the middle of the restaurant and the food was
    really good. I had the lobster and crab crepes, DH had the steak and eggs
    (he said this was ok but he wished he had gotten he crepes too) HB had
    stuffed French toast , her DD had quiche and my oldest DD had the
    traditional breakfast. DD8 had the kids breakfast and helped her sis with
    everything she couldn't eat. We were all quite pleased with our meals. I
    would do this meal again, yes it was expensive but since you have to pay for
    it when you originally book it's not like your spending any money out of
    pocket during your trip right? We had plenty of photo opps with the
    princesses and we did not feel rushed to leave. The princesses were pretty
    quick coming by but that was expected. When I originally booked this ressie
    I told them I had a TiW card. They asked for and took my card to check when
    they brought out the bill.

The girls had been asking to go to Tom Sawyers island so we headed over
    there. The adults relaxed on the rocking chairs while the girls ran around.
    All we needed was an adult beverage.. This being said we decided it was time
    to head over to Epcot, I heard a grey goose slush calling my name. We took
    the monorail over and headed back to France where HB and I got slushies and
    we found kid friendly slushies for the girls. DH got something, I think in
    morocco. We took pics of all the topiaries as we walked along. We stopped
    and saw the candy lady in China and then caught the tail end of Voices of
    Liberty in America. HB's DD was ready for a nap so they headed back to the
    resort. Our girls were hungry again so we stopped in Norway at the bakery
    for a snack. We tried the school bread which I had heard so much about. We
    eventually made our way to the bus stop and back to the hotel. Oh and I'm
    pretty sure I stopped by Mouse Gear for another Merchandise Experience on
    our way out.

We went down to the quiet pool and relaxed for a bit when we got back to the
    resort. The plan was to meet HB and DD at the Poly for dinner and drinks at
    the sushi bar. We headed out on the boat to the resort monorail and staked
    out seats for dinner. We were able to all get seats right at the sushi bar.
    We ordered wings, pot stickers, sushi and of course drinks with umbrellas
    in them. So yummy. We had a nice dinner and then headed over to the MK.
    DD8 had been begging to do the sorcerers thing at the MK. We arrived right
    when the MSEP was starting and headed over to the fire house to get our
    cards. The one issue I have with this game is if you are with a group of
    people they start everyone at different quests. So if you have little kids
    your running back and forth between quests. We ended up just letting the two
    little kids (and DH) do their quests while we followed around. The quests
    started to get busy after a bit so we sat on a wall and watched the
    fireworks across from Hall of Presidents. It was quite comical, there were
    two cast members in front of Hall of Presidents who were lip sinking the
    talking and singing from wishes. HB and I were quite amused, they were a
    hoot!

I think we headed back to the resort after this. HB, do you remember? Did we look for a PB cupcake and were unsuccessful and then headed back? Or did we go to FL first?

Yes! I think that was the night we couldn't find the PB cupcake. Those CM were a hoot! I should of video recorded them.

That was a good day though. I remember CRASHING on the bed that afternoon. DD was so sound asleep that when I woke her up to catch the bus to the Poly she was disoriented and thought it was Thursday morning!
    I said "hey honey, we need to catch the bus soon, Im just going to freshen up and throw on a hat!" That is why she was confused. She knew I'd never start a Disney Day in a hat! Ha-ha!!

For anyone considering sushi at the Poly, don't do it; is terrible.....JK!!
    Its wonderful, I'm just trying to keep people away since I had to pretty much stalk the people getting ready to leave so all 6 of us could sit at the sushi counter.
    DD and I arrived before DFF4 and crew so I was loitering around the sushi counter for awhile! LOL!!

Last edited by Hannahbelle; 05-18-2012 at 08:27 AM.

MK entrance Wed morning at o dark thirty!

Dumbo ride; obviously. ;-)

Starters at CRT. Delicious.

Oh my this was yummy! Stuffed French toast.

Epcot entrance for Flower and Garden Festival.

Candy lady!!

Oh this was also the day that we got DD to start pin trading again!!

Our beverages at the sushi counter at Kona.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Kitchen sink!!! Never done that...
    Never saw the candy lady either.....I need to see those....at least the candy lady. I don't think the sink would sit well with my tum-tum.....

Thanks for the report!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Oh my this was yummy! Stuffed French toast.

Hannahbelle, loving this trip report!! Where was this toast from??? I MUST HAVE IT!
    The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Kitchen sink!!! Never done that...
    Never saw the candy lady either.....I need to see those....at least the candy lady. I don't think the sink would sit well with my tum-tum.....

Thanks for the report!
    Tina the candy lady is astonishing to watch you should try and see her. Sadly she no longer gives her creations away. She did the first time we saw her, but sadly not to us.