Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DisneyFunFamily4 and HannahBelle's Spring Break Adventure ~ April 6-15, 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

DisneyFunFamily4 and HannahBelle's Spring Break Adventure ~ April 6-15, 2012

I thought I'd start our trip report now in hopes that we can update and post as we go. I figure if there are two of us working on it we might update it as we go.

Travel dates: April 6-16, 2012

Travel method: DFF4 and Family Driving down from NC; HB and Family Flying from the SF Bay area.

Resort: DFF4 8 nights Villas at the Wilderness Lodge; HB and Family Resort hopping Jambo House at AKL, Old Key West Resort and the Villas at the WL, they are doing three nights at each I believe.

Accommodations: DVC Studios

Ages Represented in Group: Me DFF4 (42) My DH also known as DisneyFunDaddy4 (38) DD8 & DD11; HB is a wee bit younger than me, her DH will be turning 40 on this trip and their DD15.

Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: We have all been to DL more times than we can count, granted I cant count any further than I have toes and fingers, but you get the picture! Haha! We have been living in NC for the past 2 years and this will be our 6th trip to WDW in the past 16 months. We met HB and family at WDW for Christmas which was HB and her DDs first trip and they were hooked. HBs DH has been a couple times before. We are all fairly new DVC memebers.

Comments: We knew we wanted to make a trip in the spring before our passes expired at the end of April and we moved back to Cali but we were not sure when. Sometime last spring maybe summer HBs DH found out he had a conferences the week after Easter, as it turned out our kids all had the same spring break so the planning started. We already had our Christmas trip planned together so this was just a bonus!

The plan

HB and family arrive on Friday.

We (DFF4) will arrive on Saturday and stop at DTD for lunch at Wolfgang puck express, do some last minute Easter Basket shopping for pins etc. then we will go check in to VWL. We will all meet up at Saana (new for everyone) for dinner. Yay!

Sunday (Easter) I think we are planning on starting off at MK so we can get pics with Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny, we may go to GF to check out the handmade chocolate eggs in the lobby. We have no ADRs today but HBs DH has requested that we do beaches and cream so we can attempt to conquer the kitchen sink. Well do whatever HBs DH wants to do before he has to leave us for his conference. MK has EMH until 3am so we have plans to close down the park. The latest weve made it so far is 130am. Can we make 2am? What about 3am? Stay tuned.

Monday we have a late ADR at Kona for breakfast to accommodate our late night the night before. Maybe AK after breakfast?

Tuesday we will start at DHS. We have a ADR a at SciFi (new to HB and her DD) for lunch, our girls loved it last time. And the ambiance is fun. We have talked about trying to do Fantasmic! We love F! at DL and we want to compare. We may try and do the 2nd show but dont have anything set in stone for this.

Wednesday we have a late breakfast ressie for CRT (new for all of us) so we will spend the morning at the MK. The girls have no idea we are going but they have been begging have a meal in the castle, but we keep telling them its way to expensive. DD8 even asked HBs DH if he wanted to change his B-day dinner from Ca Grill to CRT. I really think he was tempted! LOL! Now to figure out how to surprise them. We are thinking we will do the sushi bar at the Poly for sushi, wings and drinks for dinner.

Thursday we will start at EPCOT. We have a lunch ressie at San Angel inn, this is another one that is new to us. No other set plans for the day.

Friday we have a Ca Grill ressie to celebrate HBs DHs B-day.

Saturday well do whatever HBs DH wants to do since he will have spent the week working. We have a ADR at R&C for dinner.

Sunday is travel home day. Boo. We have a early breakfast ressie at WCC before we all say see ya real soon and hit the road/skies.

Our wish list for this trip.

We want to enjoy the resort. We LOVE WL, I need to try and remember to ask about being the flag family of the day when we check in. DH and the kids would really enjoy that. Im hoping maybe we could do it the 2nd Saturday when we are all at the VWL.

We have not seen the Lights, Motor, Action stunt show at DHS so we want to see that. The girls want to see Muppet Vision 3D. They have seen it a million times at DCA but have yet to see it at DHS and I'm sure it's just so much differnt! haha! they love it and it's a nice little break from the heat and crowds.

Id like to try and catch Voice of Liberty. Weve only seen them at Christmas time before (and on 4th of July in the American garden pavilion which was amazing).

HBs DD is requesting a meal at Earl of Sandwich, who are we to deny her that?

Im sure there is more but thats it for now.

Yay for a pre-trip report!!

With our handy dandy app on our handy dandy iphones we can even add pictures as we go!!

Maybe we just tell the girls that we are going to ask the Cast members if we can just look at the view from inside Cinderellas Royal Table "out of curiosity" and than surprise them when we actually have a reservation. ;-)

On Saturday, the 7th before we meet up with DFF4 and gang DD and I have Tusker House breakfast reservations and than we may try to hit Everest and the safari ride before leaving for Blizzard Beach.

DH has a conference as DFF4 mentioned but we are hoping that by dinner time on Saturday night he can join us at Sanaa and spend part of Easter Sunday with us too. He will be at the conference from Sunday afternoon thru Friday morning. Friday night will be his 40th bday dinner at Cal Grille. We are looking forward to it (but not too much since thats the end of the week ;-))

So tell me. Did you meet on the boards or were you friends anyway? I am nosey! Also I met up with DebT at Disney via this forum then we had a second trip partially together as a result, so I'm wondering if we're the only ones!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Sounds like so much fun!!! My countdown is 39 now, so I'm really enjoying reading all of the trip reports, and I certainly can't wait to read yours. Have a great time!!!
    - Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    So tell me. Did you meet on the boards or were you friends anyway? I am nosey! Also I met up with DebT at Disney via this forum then we had a second trip partially together as a result, so I'm wondering if we're the only ones!
    Your not nosey, just curious, I wonder about things like that too! And no your not the only one, we did meet up here. OUr first in real life meet up was at DL a few years ago (we were still living in San Diego at the time) We had been "talking" here on MP and in the Hearts thread for a while before our first meet but our families have really hit it off. I have to say I love mouse planet for all the wonderful friends we have made!

Two more days of work and then vacation officially starts!

Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    Sounds like so much fun!!! My countdown is 39 now, so I'm really enjoying reading all of the trip reports, and I certainly can't wait to read yours. Have a great time!!!
    - Betsy
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    What she said. The funny thing is all our husbands thought we were pretty crazy for wanting to meet "strangers" in real life and now they all are friends too.
    I really love MP too for the friendships it has made. "It all started with a mouse" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    - Betsy
    Thank you Betsy!! 39 seems like a lot of days right? But they will FLY by! I cant believe we are only 2 days away. The time flew by!

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    The funny thing is all our husbands thought we were pretty crazy for wanting to meet "strangers" in real life and now they all are friends too.
    My husband feels the same way about meeting online 'strangers', but not me (as least for MP 'strangers', since we all LOVE Disney)! I love this too: "It all started with a mouse"
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Ooh thanks for sharing. My DH also thought I was going to get mugged when I went off to meet my MP friend first time but he was super excited to know we would meet up trip two! I accept been careful, but I met a very special lady and family through MP. We are trying to plot for 2013!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

What a great story on meeting up! I haven't met any fellow MP's yet but hopefully one day

Can't wait to read about your trip!

Formerly tinkinparis

Yay! Can't wait to read more! You guys are gonna have a blast!

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

DisneyFunFamily4 and HannahBelle's Spring Break Adventure ~ April 6-15, 2012

Have a wonderful trip. I will keep my eye out for you next weekend.

One more day!!! I can't wait to hear all about the trip!!! And I can't wait until I'm in single digits!!!

We are on our way to SFO! We need to check in in person; there is issues with our reservation so wish us luck! ;-)

Ok all is good!!! No problems once we got to the self check monitors inside the airport. Geez all that stress for nothing. We're sitting in a terminal that I've never flown out of from before which is nice since we're trying a new place to eat. I'm forcing myself to eat something since we're going to have a long day ahead of us.
    My suitcase was too heavy and I ended up placing some items in my daughters suitcase. My suitcase was 49.8 pounds. So of course DH said " you can buy .2 pounds of souvenirs!" haha; not funny. ;-) I reminded him that a lot that I packed won't come home with me. :-)

WOO HOO - Have a wonderful trip!!!! I can't wait to read all about it when I get back!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're in Miami at the gate. The first flight was good except towards the end; the last 30 minutes were very turbulent. I really thought I might throw up. :-(

Feeling better now. Our connecting flight is delayed by about 20 minutes.
    I can't wait to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!
    DFF4 is on the road and in a bit of Spring Break traffic last I "heard" via text.
    My next update will be from AKL with some pics. Whoo hoo!!

Have so much fun!!! Enjoy!!!!

We are on the DME!! I just want to drive!!! Whoo hoo let's goooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbelle View Post
    we are on the dme!! I just want to drive!!! Whoo hoo let's goooooo!

yay!!!!!

We made it down to St Augustine in pretty good time today. It took about 9 hours even with all our stops, not to bad considering we hit some traffic. We stopped and shopped, founds some good deals at the Disney outlet here. There was even one shirt I just ordered (disney parks merchandise) that was $9.99, that could have saved me a bundle. I hate it when that happens, Oh well. We found some really cute tops for the girls and they had a great deal on Vinylmations, 3 for $9.99. we even traded a few pins with the CM's at the store. Then we walked around the outlet mall a bit and grabbed a bite to eat.

Tomorrow we'll get up fairly early and head down. We'll go to DTD first and then i think we may head over to the Magic Kingdom for a bit after we check in. DH wants to get a haircut so hopefully we can walk in during a parade without much of a wait. we'll see, if that doesn't work we'll go first thing sunday morning.

Haven't heard much for HB since she got off ME. (as in Magical Express, not me.... LOL) I'm sure she's loving AKL.

Have a great trip and keep posting!!!!

Wow thanks for that clarification!! Lol!! AKL is awesome, we had no issues checking in and our room over looks the sunset savannah. I can't wait to see this place in the day light! Here's a couple pics I took on the iPhone.

Hb...dff4.....loving the reports! The akl looks amazing! I can't wait to be there IRL IN 28 DAYS 8hrs.and 36.minutes!
    Have fun you two!