Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DisneyFunFamily4 and HannahBelle's Spring Break Adventure ~ April 6-15, 2012

Cheers!!! We're at the bus stop waiting to go to AK for breakfast at Tusker House.
    We went ahead a got these refillable mugs last night to use for our stay.

2. # ADS

Great pictures and Hidden Mickeys!!!!

Formerly tinkinparis

So happy for all of y'all! Give a little scream for me on Everest, ok?

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

I love the trip report so far, and you haven't even made it into a park!!! Have so much fun!!!!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

We still haven't made it to the park! We went to downtown Disney for shopping and lunch. Then checked in to The VWL, our room was ready so we unpacked and explored a bit. HB's DH called and was done for the day so my DH went to pick him up. The girls and I are making out way over to AKL. We just missed the MK bus and there have been three of every other bus since we've been sitting here! Should have taken the boat! Oh well! Bus is here, gotta go...

Just a quick recap... This Mamas soooooo tired!!!
    AK with breakfast at Tusker House. Liked but thought it was a little high and the ambiance was kinda boring. The character interaction was fun though!!
    Safari ride- saw lots of animals!
    Everest - always fun and a short wait.
    We went to BB and that was super fun but the stair climbing wore me out!!!
    Back to room for a shower and to get ready for dinner at Sanaa.
    We met up with DFF4 and that was so nice. We missed them since Christmas!!
    Sanaa was great, glad we tried it!!
    Kids went to look at animals with night goggles but there weren't any animals out!
    Im sorry for being so brief; will post more later!!

I love it here. It's amazing!!

Looks Awesome!!!!! Have a wonderful time and a very Happy Easter to you and your families!!!!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amazing pictures! Great park reporting too! Have a wonderful Easter day!!

Today we woke up fairly early, met HB and fam at the MK around 8am. Took pics with Mrs and Mr Easter Bunny then DH got his hair cut. THe girls decided they wanted to colored hair gel and glitter. What a deal for $7.50. DH even got tricked in to getting glitter too. But he's a good sport like that. We did a few rides, HM, Peter Pan, Goofys barnstormer, Space and Autopia... er I mean tomorrowland speedway. Had some awesome interaction with Push and then we hopped on to the bus to head over to beaches and cream. We got there just in time, we had no wait and yes, we did annihilate the kitchen sink. Then we walked through Epcot, stopped at club cool and bambis butterfly house and did a bit of shopping. we took the monorail to the GF to check out the easter eggs display and then over to the contemporary to get on a boat to the WL. DH took HB and DD back to there resort and then is taking her DH back to his conference hotel. The girls are napping and i'm doing some laundry. MK has EMH until 3am..... can we do it? we're heading back out around 8pm or so. wish us luck! off to switch the wash over.

Luck!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

big time luck! Sounds like you guys are having the best trip anyone could ask for!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Good luck! I hope you make it!

I'm loving the updates.

HB, I can't wait to hear after this trip which resort is your favorite so far!

Our First WDW trip is coming up... March 2016!
    Staying 10 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and 4 nights at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!
    Me, DH, DS11, DS8, & DS5

Did you make it to 3:00am? That's only midnight for the west coasters... Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for the Luck! but be did not accomplish our mission. we only made it till about 1230am. My DD8 is NOT a napper, plus i think HB slipped her some redbull. haha. She just tossed and turned, she may have slept for about 15 minutes. And she kept her sissy and myself up, so no one got a good rest in. although HB and her DD both took 3 hour naps, they made up for our lack of sleep! haha. We tried. there is always next time.
    We grabbed dinner at the the counter service at the WL, is it roaring forks? it was pretty good. except we ate outside and as i walked out the door i was dive bombed by a bird and he took a french fry right off my tray. I screamed, but didn't drop the try, needless to say people were laughing. brazen birds. And we had a duck sitting under our table waiting for treats. LOL!
    The girls roasted peep's on the beach on the way back to the room. Oh yeah, it doesn't get any better than roasting peeps on the beach on Easter at WL!
    We arrived at the MK around 830om and headed over to the Tiki room. we grabbed FP's for Jungle cruise first.
    Met up with HB and her DD, turned out we didn't need our FP, it was walk on at this point. Had a great skipper (DH and I had her before and she is just a hoot)
    Then we did pirates, small world, carousel, snow white, autopia... opps Tomorrowland Speedway. We decided that HB and her DD needed to experience Stitck for themselves. Two small kids freaked out and had to be walked out. I dont think we ever need to do that again, two times in a life time is enough. LOL!
    Then we did people mover and the carousel of progress took us in to tomorrow. Literally!
    We wanted to do Laugh floor but it was down. so we opted to grab a snack for the kids and head back. we were in bed a little after 1am.

Yesterday (Monday) was Kona for breakfast, AK and DtD for dinner. Today is DHS and SciFi. I'll post more when i have some time. I need to make some coffee right now and jump in the shower. We want to get to DHS before rope drop!

Ooh DHS rope drop. Hang onto your children goo and tight. That's a scrum!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

A couple pics from Sunday, tomato bisque and grilled cheese.

The kitchen sink!! I'm still walking that one off! good thing 7 of us shared it!

One last shot at Jambo House.

lol, Dff4...Boo still is saying your quitters on the 3am thing! You'll have to call her out on that one.

We all Know DH will NEVER make that time. lol

Love the pics. HB!

Great report! Keep it coming!

Loving this trip report in progress! You guys are having too much fun!!

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Well ladies it sounds like y'all are having a dream vacation. How are the crowds & lines?

TulaBelle
    Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.

Back to reality today!! Im looking forward to finishing the TR with DFF4!

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    lol, Dff4...Boo still is saying your quitters on the 3am thing! You'll have to call her out on that one.

We all Know DH will NEVER make that time. lol

Love the pics. HB!

Great report! Keep it coming!
    I think that we could of made it but there wasnt any attractions that we "had" to do that night so we opted to get some sleep!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    Loving this trip report in progress! You guys are having too much fun!!
    We had a TON of fun! Im sad its over already. The weather was amazing especially for me knowing that everyone at home was getting poured on.

Quote Originally Posted by TulaBelle View Post
    Well ladies it sounds like y'all are having a dream vacation. How are the crowds & lines?
    I felt that the crowds and lines were normal for a Spring break time of year but we really stuck with the plan of getting to the parks as early as possible. It made a huge difference.

More to come.....

This was the view from my balcony Monday morning. We didn't stay at MK as long as planned so I still got up early and went for a short run (numerous laps around the big pool). When I returned to the room this is what I saw.
    We had Kona Cafe reservations on Monday at 10:50. I had this:

Very delicious! DFF4 had the same and also split Tonga Toast.
    DD had Tonga Toast too but we shared the Samoan also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post

This was the view from my balcony Monday morning. We didn't stay at MK as long as planned so I still got up early and went for a short run (numerous laps around the big pool). When I returned to the room this is what I saw.
    We had Kona Cafe reservations on Monday at 10:50. I had this:

Very delicious! DFF4 had the same and also split Tonga Toast.
    DD had Tonga Toast too but we shared the Samoan also.
    Im so upset. You could have taken me! Imagine, having your personal man Friday, or heck, even Tuesday!

That is a great pic with the balloons.
    The Sarchasm -
    The gorge between my witty comment and you, who doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dngnb8 View Post
    Im so upset. You could have taken me! Imagine, having your personal man Friday, or heck, even Tuesday!

That is a great pic with the balloons.
    Oh sorry! LOL!!!
    Yes I thought that was a great photo op. I almost missed it. They fell beyond eye sight very quickly that morning.

So we’re back and reality just stinks. I’m feeling the effects of all the fun, food and drink today. But it was so worth it. We got home around 9pm last night and put the girls straight to bed. All the bags are in the front room waiting for me and I’m feeling like I’m coming down with something. But it’s a small price to pay for all the wonderful memories we made.

Back to Monday…. We didn’t stay out as late as we planned and I woke up early so I went out for a walk/run over to Ft Wilderness while DH and the kids slept. It was a beautiful morning and I saw quite a few deer on my way back. It was such a pretty trail! We all got ready and headed over to meet HB and her DD for breakfast at Kona. Of course she was in the gift shop when we arrived. My DH tried to tell me all the gift shops had the same merchandise in order to keep HB and I from stopping in every single one. Yeah, that didn’t work. But the poor guy was a trooper considering he was trying to round up 5 females with money to spend!

We checked in for breakfast and were seated quickly. DH and I shared the Samoan and the tonga toast! Yum! After breakfast we headed over to AK. We saw DeVine on our way in and walked one of the animal trails, I want to say Asia. Then we headed over to Everest. It was DD8’s first time and she loved it. Her sister even promised her a stuffed yeti if she rode it and HB’s DD got her a pin. Yes she was on top of the world! After Everest HB and her DD headed out to check in to OKW. We grabbed a snack, the flights of wonder show was starting as we walked by so we went in. I have to say we were not expecting much from a “bird show” but we really liked it. It was a lot of fun, I’m so glad we stopped. DH wanted to see the gorillas but the trail was closed for the day so we hopped on the safari ride before heading out. It was the later afternoon so there wasn’t much activity but it was still fun.

We had plans to meet HB at DtD for Earl of Sandwich so we headed down there. Dinner was yummy as usual. Then we browsed around DtD for awhile before heading back for the night. We dropped HB and her DD back at OKW and called it a night.
    Oh and I have to apologize for any typos! I noticed a lot in my last post and I’m sure there are plenty here too.