Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Betsyrina – May 12 – 23, 2012 – All Star Sports Resort and Offsite

Thanks Tinka!! I know - I can't believe I missed that! I really wanted to try it after reading your trip reports! It's on my list... I hope we can go back sooner rather than later!

2. # ADS

Thanks for a great report Betsy. I'm glad you had a terrific trip and I'm glad you were ready to go home. I know how you felt. I've had shorter trips where I had to drag myself kicking and screaming out of the park gates, but when we have longer trips, even though I don't really want to leave, I am ready to go home. Just yesterday I was re-reading responses to my TR and I saw you had asked me about my son and the princess meal in the castle. I was hoping to hear if Ben enjoyed the princesses or not, but I guess you skipped them this time. Interestingly, as much as Charlie was resistant to posing with Cinderella, Cinderella's royal table is the one meal both kids are begging to do again when we go back in October! I don't think we will, but maybe we'll try Akershus or 1900 Park Fare. It's been a while since we've done either.

I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom. I think my kiddos will really enjoy playing as well. They really like the Kim Possible missions and are anxious to try the new Agent P game that will replace it. I liked hearing about Ben's friend from Brazil. Annika loves meeting other kids when we travel. I think it's the age. They are starting to develop a bit of independence. We spent the weekend in New Jersey about a month ago for a pin trading event with the Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders and there were several girls there close to her age. Because most of the hotel guests were with our group I felt comfortable letting them hang out in eachother's rooms. They felt like big girls and had a great time!

Anyway, thanks again for the report. I hope to read mor in the future!

Stacey

just can't get enough of disney

Oh, and I'm looking at your pictures now! They're great. Do you use a DSLR or a point and shoot?

Thanks Stacey! We didn't see a lot of characters. That was a little disappointing, but Ben didn't really want to stand in line to see them (a bonus of this age, I guess). It was nice that he could realize that seeing the characters wasn't the be all end all that he might have when he was younger. We saw Stitch, Mickey, Pluto, Donald, Minnie, and Goofy (all at Epcot), Mike and Sulley (at DHS), and Donald, Mickey, and Daisy (at Tusker House in AK). He would have liked to see the Toy Story characters, but there were never any decent lines to see them (when we were walking by anyway). This might be the last trip that he is interested in characters, but that's okay too.

Yes, Ben is at the age where he wants a bit more freedom, and I'm trying to honor that in safe circumstances. I let him go down to refill our mugs by himself a few times, and he and his friend played out on the balcony by themselves a bit, and I let them play in the video arcade by themselves (I played games myself, so I wasn't too far away). I felt that the resort area was very safe. I also think that Ben would create a huge scene if anyone ever tried to grab him. We have taught him that from a very young age, and he is not shy. I think it's good for him to have some chances to prove how responsible he can be.

I bought a new camera just before our trip, so I was learning it while we were there, but it is a point and shoot (Canon PowerShot SX130 IS). My previous camera was also a Canon PowerShot. I have been so happy with both of these cameras. They are small enough (the new one is a little bigger than the first one, and maybe too big for some people's taste), but they have enough functions and take good enough picture to seem like a better camera.

I hope you are enjoying planning your October trip! I wish I was planning a trip right now... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by betsyrina View Post
    I hope you are enjoying planning your October trip! I wish I was planning a trip right now... :-)
    Betsy- I am in the very happy position (as of this morning) to be planning THREE trips at once! We are spending 6 nights at Disneyland this summer (Park Vue-off site), then our trip in October which will be at the new Art of Animation, and I just booked 5 nights at Saratoga Springs Resort, using our points, for December 26-31! I'm very excited!

That's great! Have fun with the planning!

Great report fun to read and the pictures are awesome Ben looked so happy.

WOW!!! Thanks so much for a wonderful trip report. And so timely also.

I am so glad you and Ben had such a good time. You have made some memories he will NEVER forget.

Thanks again,
    Ellen

Thanks letshavefun! I noticed you're from my neck of the woods... We both had a lot of fun... I'm so glad we were able to do this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
    WOW!!! Thanks so much for a wonderful trip report. And so timely also.

I am so glad you and Ben had such a good time. You have made some memories he will NEVER forget.

Thanks again,
    Ellen
    Thanks Ellen! Yes, we made a lot of memories. He also kept a journal which he will be able to keep forever. He wants to type it up, but I want him to keep the hand-written copy too. I will also do a scrapbook for him, because I'm a scrapbooker. He was at a perfect age for a trip like this. He will definitely be able to remember the trip.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I loved reading all about Ben's little friend from Brazil. How wonderful was that??? Really enjoyed reading your report. Sorry you ended up sick pretty much the whole trip. That sure must have drained your energy. Sounds like it was a terrific trip and I can say, from experience, that those mom and son trips end up being some of the BEST.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Thanks Tina! We had a great time. And I'm so glad that we had that time together. He finished his journal over the weekend, and one of the journal topics was to list his top 10 things that we did on the trip. "Being with my mom" made the list... That was so nice! Now the only thing he still has left to complete his educational plan is to write a report on something from the trip, and he chose the monorail.