Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: PRINCESS NikkiThePooh's REGAL VACATION - ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE

PRINCESS NikkiThePooh's REGAL VACATION - ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE

Trip Report
    Travel dates: April 19-25, 2012
    Travel method: United Airlines from Cleveland, Ohio/Disneys Magical Express
    Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
    Accommodations: Royal Guest Room
    Discounts: Room Only Discount, Annual Pass for Me, Tables in Wonderland
    Cast of Characters: Lynn (nikkithepooh) and Mom & Dad (Nan & Jim - 80s)
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: 8+ Trips or so for me, 3rd for Dad, 2nd for Mom

THE PLAN: For Christmas gifts last year, I arranged for my husband (Cole), and daughter (Nikki) to accompany me on what has become my annual/bi-annual pilgrimage to my happy place! My daughter was to get married in June and I wanted to take a final family vacation. Actually, this would be only our 3rd trip together! We went to Disney when Nikki was 10 and took a family trip to the Canadian Rockies for Coles 50th. I thought it would be nice for us to go on one more family trip before she got married! I wanted to stay at a value resort to more economical and spend most of our time in the parks. I also arranged a short trip for my parents to take in March at the Beach Club. I thought this would be a fairly easy and relaxing trip for them. I thought they could travel without their personal tour guide (ME!) this trip. Just a nice relaxing stay without parks. Plenty to do in the Beach Club/Boardwalk area (entertainment, restaurants, fantastic pool and beach).

ACTUAL: In February, my daughters wedding was cancelled (much to her parents relief) and in March my husband was offered a new job after a very long search. So now we had two events to celebrate and be thankful for. In the meantime, my parents wanted to cancel their trip! My Dad didnt want to go all the way to Florida for only 5 days and they didnt want to go without me! So the vacation morphed into a two week Disney Extravaganza. I cancelled their March trip and booked a week at Port Orleans Riverside the week prior to my trip with Cole and Nikki! I was able to change the date of the first leg of my flight without any penalty, so this seemed like a good way to go!

PART ONE
    DAY ONE, THURSDAY, APRIL 19:
    So, this report will highlight the trip with my parents. I found a very affordable limo service to take us the airport on Thursday morning so we wouldnt have to worry about parking. I had my parents check their bags so they wouldnt have a problem with the carry-ons. Dad did have his laptop bag, or course! So wouldnt you know, I had the problem! My carry-on was a little too full this time around and wouldnt fit in the overhead bin. I had to check it at the door, which was only a mild annoyance as I had to fight my way down the aisle an additional two times! The flight itself was uneventful. My Dad, always the social one, made conversation with the flight attendant. A short while later, an announcement was made welcoming my parents on board and congratulating them on the recent celebration of their 61st wedding anniversary. Very nice touch! The flight from Cleveland to Orlando was only about two hours, so we landed in no time at all. We made our way to the Magical Express Counter and boarded the bus to Port Orleans Riverside after only a 5 minute wait.

We pulled into Riverside just ahead of the rain. We entered the lobby and I checked us in. I booked a Royal Guest Room and requested Oak Manor. It took a little time to complete check in as I decided to (have Dad!) pay for an upgrade which enabled us to have a room on the ground floor, Quiet Pool view, and close to the bridge leading to the main building (room 9079). I really wanted the convenience for my mom. By the way, she never once complained of a long walk or being tired! After we settled the bill, we stopped in the Riverside Mill for a little lunch and waited for the rain to subside. The three of us shared a made to order salad ($10). It was huge and delicious! After a half hour or so, we snagged a ride on a golf cart and made the short, wet trip to our room. I could not wait to finally see the Royal Guest Room (or the Princess Room as I was fond of calling it). Words cannot do it justice! It truly is beautiful with its royal theming, special regal touches and the impressive fireworks display on the headboard! I dont think my parents appreciated it as much as I did, however!!!

We settled in, unpacked and Dad needed to get on the internet for a while! This began a trend which I quickly grew tired of! I had to keep reminding myself that this was their vacation and they should do what they enjoy! For Mom, that would include sitting by the pool with her puzzle book where she could rest her legs.

I have stayed at Riverside on two other trips and I just love it there. It is so peaceful and the grounds so lush! As you walk beside the Sassagoula River you cant help but feel you have just stepped back in time to the southern plantations of years gone by. The horse drawn carriages, elegant mansions, manicured lawns and magnificent fountains take you to another place and time. You cant help but be drawn into the story.

The weather finally cleared and we took the path down toward the marina. We boarded the ferry which took us on a Riverside Tour down the Sassagoula River en route to Downtown Disney where we had 7pm dinner reservation at Raglan Road. Our table was not ready until 7:30 so we just spent the time enjoying the warm, summerlike evening air. We were finally seated and ordered drinks. I consumed my Aran Island Iced Tea in record time and we all enjoyed the Fish and Chips for dinner. I forgot to bring my Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card. Cost: 3 Dinners/3 Drinks, $80 plus tax and tip. We were lucky enough to catch the show We were able to listen to the band and watch the Irish dancers. This place can be a lot of fun!

It was a long day and we headed back to the resort after dinner. After getting Mom and Dad back to the room, I got my second wind and went down to the River Roost to take in YeHaa Bobs entertaining show. He really gets the crowd involved and everyone has a good time. Bob talks to the crowd and asks everyone their names and where they are from. I met a nice man at the table next to me from a neighboring community. We would see each other around the resort and call each other by our city names! Afterwards, I took a walking tour of the resort at night and took some nice photos before heading back to the room.

DAY TWO, FRIDAY, APRIL 20: Today we had planned to tour the Beach Club and have lunch, but as would be the pattern for the trip, plans would be discussed and revised! Dad and I started the day by walking around the resort. We started in the Magnolia Bend area and looked at the elegant mansions, walked though Alligator Bayou and stopped at Ol Man Island and the pool. We then decided to go on a little adventure this morning while Mom enjoyed some leisure time at the pool. I know he loves pastry and Ive always wanted him to go to the Boardwalk Bakery to enjoy the sweet treats. We traveled by bus to Hollywood Studios and transferred to a ferry which would take us to the Boardwalk. Great weather this morning and the ferry ride was very pleasant. I love the trip past the deluxe resorts where you can admire the scenery from the comfort of your sailing vessel. I stayed at the Beach Club once before and love to visit this area on each trip.

We ordered our breakfast, a cinnamon roll for Dad and Croissant with egg and cheese for me (cost including beverages: $14). Found a nice table by the lake and soaked up a little sun too!

Dad loves to play golf but has really had to cut back due to a rotator cuff tear. Last time we were at Disney, he played the course at Lake Buena Vista. I knew he couldnt play on this trip, but I thought he might have fun playing the Fairways course at Fantasy Gardens. This miniature golf course is more like a traditional course on a small scale. We walked from the Boardwalk, past the Swan/Dolphin and Dad commented on how much he likes Port Orleans Riverside compared to the resorts in the Boardwalk area! I was surprised that he appreciated the quiet, lush atmosphere more than the look of the deluxe resorts surrounding Crescent Lake!

Having been a golfer for most of his life, Dad found the miniature course a little perplexing! He couldnt get the hang of the crazy, rolling course and was actually a little frustrated at first. After a hole or two he realized that this was FUN! It was a GAME and he didnt have to play for a high score! I had a real nice morning with Dad and saw him begin to relax and have some fun. Cost with Annual Pass discount $6.00 each.

It was getting late so we need to get back to the resort. Hope Mom didnt get into any trouble! She was waiting for us at the Quiet Pool, a mere 15 steps from the door of our room. We were all hungry and walked down to the Riverside Mill for lunch. We sat outside and we split a couple of hamburgers (not the best burger Ive had) but they would do in a pinch! Cost for two burgers/fries, one beverage $21. We decided to relax at the pool this afternoon and return to our schedule for the evenings fun-filled activities. Mom and I chatted and read while Dad basked in the sun and cooled off in the pool!

At 5pm we left the resort for our tour of the deluxe resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon. We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and transferred to the boat which took us to the Grand Floridian. Dad loves the vodka martinis at Narcoossees so this had to be one of our stops tonight. Sergio did not disappoint! Dad had the vodka martini, I had the Blue Glow-tini and Mom, a vodka & tonic with cute little lime Mickey ears! Cost after TIW $29, which included tax and tip. We sat at the bar and talked to a friendly gal who was from the Cleveland area too! ITS A SMALL WORLD, you knowI worked with her daughter a few years ago.

After an hour or so, we walked to the main building at the Grand Floridian and took the monorail over to the Contemporary Resort for dinner at The Wave. Over the years, I have debated over eating dinner here, and finally booked it! The atmosphere is rather simple, keeping with the modern theme, but the food was great. Dad and I had the fillet with mashed potatoes and veggies (beer and iced tea, too) and Mom (who has a much smaller appetite) had a Cobb salad. No dessert for us! Cost after TIW $78, which included tax and tip. Afterwards we toured the resort a bit and went outside on the observation deck on the 4th floor. We were going to go to the Polynesian, but Mom and Dad were getting tired, so we decided to head back to the resort.

DAY THREE, SATURDAY, APRIL 21: Today we were going to go to Epcot, but the weather report predicted rain most of the day. I didnt want to be in the middle of a park during a stormso we changed plans. By the way, it NEVER rained all day!

Around 10am I gathered the troops and we went to the Polynesian for breakfast. I had the Kona coffee and Macadamia Nut Pancakes which were delicious! Mom had toast and Dad ordered the French Toast. He really didnt like it!!! So the waitress brought him eggs and toast. His taste buds must have been a little off today! He didnt like the eggs either. Yeaits got to be a taste bud problemIm going with that! Cost after TIW $28 which included tax and tip. Afterwards we toured the resort and watched the Hawaiian dancers in the lobby for a while. We shopped a little and went down to the beach. I stepped in the sand for ONE minute and the sand fleas got me again. Last year when I visited this resort, I got bitten up pretty bad! The itching doesnt start for hours. I know I must be an easy target and I know I got the flea bites at this beach. I stayed here with Mom and Dad on their first trip in Feb. 2011 (no fleas). This was a great resort for them to stay at because they did not have to do too much walking. I think Mom prefers the Poly over Port Orleans!

Still a little gloomy, but no rain! We then took the monorail to the Contemporary and took the ferry to the Wilderness Lodge. A little windy on the boat, but it was warming up! Breaking all rules and regulations, the ferry driver let Dad check out the vessel. Dad acted like he knew what he was doing and as asked what kind of boats he owns! We toured the resort and sat outside for a while. Stopped at Roaring Forks (counter service restaurant) and picked up a Powerade, iced tea, orange juice and a couple bags of chips for $14. It was getting very warm and Dad wanted to get back to the resort so he could lie in the sun! Mid-afternoon, we took the boat back to the Magic Kingdom and rode the bus back to the resort! We all quickly made our way to the pool!

Since we did so much travelling today, I thought a nice quiet night at the resort would be a good idea. I made a reservation at Boatwrights for 7:25.
    We stopped at the River Roost for a drink before dinner. I ordered the Grand (Marnier) Smash, and Mom and Dad had vodka cocktails! Cost $25 after TIW which included tax and tip. Shortly thereafter, our table was ready. We were seated under the boat hull and had a nice view of all the tools and boat making materials! Mom and I had the pasta with shrimp and Dad had the grilled pork with Amber Ale bbq sauce, cheesy grits and onion rings. This was one of our favorite meals of the trip! Cost $64 after TIW which included tax and tip.

After dinner, we stopped in the River Roost again and watched YeHaa Bobs show for a while. Mom and Dad headed back to the room while I got us Mickey Ice Cream Bars for dessert! ($11) I caught up with them as they were crossing the bridge. We continued walking, fighting to keep warm and Dad was walking a bit ahead of us. This is when the Kissing Bandit stopped my Mom and gave her a big kiss! It was weird, yet funny in a way. He asked why we were making this little lady walk so fast. The guy probably had a little too much to drink, but we wont tell Mom that!

DAY FOUR, SUNDAY, APRIL 22: Todays plan was to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Downtown Disney and Boardwalk at night. This plan then changed to Hollywood Studios instead. When Mom told us she didnt feel like going too far from the resort, I changed the park to Magic Kingdom because I thought Dad would have more fun there. I didnt want to leave Mom alone again, but she insisted shed be alright. She really wanted Dad to go enjoy himself and didnt want to slow us down. Oh well Dad went to the food court and brought back a couple of Danish to share and got Mom an orange juice and bottle of water for himself ($8). I used my refillable mug most of the trip for beverages.

We got to the Magic Kingdom in time for the Opening Show which I photographed and sent to my daughter at home! We rode on the Indy Speedway Cars, Buzz Lightyear, and Astro Orbitor before stopping at Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake for breakfast! ($5) Then we rode the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and ducked into the Hall of Presidents while a quick storm rolled through. We saw Mickeys PhilharMagic before heading to the front of the park. Went for a ride on the PeopleMover, watched the Celebrate parade (Dad likes this!) and stopped at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor to share a sundae for lunch! ($5) Dad eats healthier than anyone I know. But he has a sweet tooth and who am I to stop him while hes on vacation! We went into a few shops as we headed down Main Street. I insisted Dad had to go into the Confectionaryjust to take a look at all the goodies. He made a little purchase of a white/chocolate chip cookie for later! We all sampled later in the day and it was surprisingly good! Nice and softjust the way I like them. ($4)

It was getting warmer, so we headed back to the resort to enjoy pool time this afternoon. Mom and Dad went to the Quiet Pool and I went to Riverside Mill and picked up a small pizza for us to share. Filled my mug and got a juice and water too. Cost was $12. Mom and Dad stayed at the pool quite a while and then relaxed in the room. I read, called my sisters and took a walk.

We were going to the Boardwalk for dinner and it really cooled down by the time we left the resort. Good thing we all brought jackets for the evenings! I cancelled our Flying Fish ressie the day before and booked Ohana for tomorrow night. So tonight, the plan was to walk around the Boardwalk and have dinner at Big River Grill and Brewery. Took the bus to Studios and then the boat from Studios to the Boardwalk. It was quite chilly for Mom and Dad. I was ok, but felt bad for them! Its Floridait should always be sunny and warm, right! We put our name in at Big River Grill, but had to wait at least a half hour. We stayed in the shops to keep warm until dinner time. This restaurant was not a good choice for my parents. It was loud, service was not too good and COLD! The food was good, however! I had the onion mushroom burger, Mom had the chicken quesadilla and Dad had the chicken cashew salad. Add a couple drinks and the cost after TIW was $50 which included tax and tip. Since it was so chilly, we headed back to the resort and we all turned in early! I was disappointed that the weather was so crappy, because I thought Mom and Dad would really like to watch the entertainment on the Boardwalk and people watch! I did take them through the Boardwalk Resort and showed them the lobby as we made our way out front to get a cab back to Riverside. I had my Dad budget many more cab fares into the trip than we actually used. Looking back, we really should have used the cabs more when Mom was travelling with us. It is so easy and fastfor $12-$15 a trip.

DAY FIVE, MONDAY, APRIL 23: I woke up early and took a walk around the resort. Dad was up early too and stopped at the Riverside Mill for coffee and a breakfast roll and orange juice for Mom. Yesterday I made a salon appointment for my Mom at the Beach/Yacht Club so we were going to head there this morning. We took a cab and arrived around 11:30. Dad walked around the back of the pool area while Mom got beautiful! I was a little worried that the stylist wouldnt know how to do her hair the way she liked it, but she did a fantastic job and Mom was very happy. It was worth the pricey charge to see her happy and pretty! Afterwards we headed back to Port Orleans Riverside and got a little lunch. Dad got the Kids Meal (turkey pinwheel), Mom had an omelet (which they made special for her since it was only a breakfast item) and I had the fish basket! ($20)

We went to the pool at Ol Man Island today so Dad could use the hot tub. Mom took a little nap in the sun while Dad availed himself to the tub. There were a lot of children which made it a little less relaxing for adults! I went for a walk around the resort and took lots of photographs. I never take the time to explore the Alligator Bayou area and found it very pretty with many nice views of the river. I took my book with me and stopped at the Fountain at Oak Manor, found a seat, and read for a while.

I then went back to the pool. Dad was ready to go back to the room and get on the internet for a while. Mom and I took a little walk so I could show her some of the sights along the river. We then got some cool drinks and sat by the Quiet Pool for a while.

Mom began to feel not so well and went back to the room. Her tummy was upset and she decided she could not go out for dinner. Since I already made a reservation (and put down money to hold our seats) at Ohana, we decided to go. This is Dads favorite restaurant from our last trip. I picked up a kids meal (turkey pinwheel, $5) for Mom in case she got hungry later on. When we got back after dinner, she seemed happy to have had some alone time to relax and she did eat.

Our reservation at Ohana was at 8pm. I found it hard to believe I got a reservation a day or two before, but the restaurant was not very busy. We stopped at the Tambu Lounge while we waited for our table to be ready. Dad had a Mai Tai and I had some other wonderful concoction! Ah, yesthe Pina CoLava. Cost after TIW $17 which included tax and tip. We were soon seated by the window facing the Magic Kingdom. The food was great as it usually is, but there was just so much at a table for two! This meal is served family style so you can imagine the large servings on the small tables. I was happy with just the appetizers and side dishes and hardly ate any grilled meat or shrimp! But somehow I had room for the bread pudding with pineapple, ice cream and caramel sauce! Cost after TIW $68 which included tax and tip.

DAY SIX, TUESDAY, APRIL 24: Today turned out to be Epcot Day for all of us. The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot is one of my favorite events at WDW. I had signed up to go on the Gardens of the World Tour this morning by myself and then arranged for Mom and Dad to meet me there around 12:30.

So I left the resort at 8am and gave my Dad written instructions on how to get to Epcot and a plan on how we would meet up! To take the suspense out the story, let me say that they had no problem at all and even went and got Fastpasses for Soarin all my themselves (too bad we left Epcot without using them). Anyway, the Garden Tour was very nice and we had a wonderful tour guide. We met outside the main gate and received our name badge, audio equipment with earpieces so we could hear our guide, and a special Flower and Garden pin. Our guide has been a horticulturist for 30 years, 20 at Disney. With his vast knowledge and good sense of humor, he made the tour even more enjoyable. He took us through FutureWorld and told us how and why the plants, trees and flowers are selected. A lot of planning goes into the selection including variation of colors and textures, how they best fit into the environment, and how well the actual plants and flowers fit the theme of each area. When you know the back story, you appreciate the appearance and beauty even more.

We also toured World Showcase and were able to see all the topiaries in the park. Our guide explained how the topiaries were constructed and what planting materials were used. We could ask gardening questions along the way and since our group consisted of many instructors and gardeners, many were taking notes! It was very interesting and we picked up lots of trivia along the way. We stopped in every country and ended in Canada where we were taken back stage to see how they watered the trees in the Canadian Rockies. We also received a commemorative Flower and Garden poster when the tour ended. I would definitely recommend the tour for those who love gardens and plants. I used my Disney Visa card to pay for the tour so I received a 20% discount which was nice. Take the price of the pin and poster into account and it was quite a deal!

Afterwards, I called my Dad and we met up near the World Showcase entrance. I first thought we would leisurely walk around until we found lunch items to nibble on or share. Butthat wasnt the best idea since they are not experienced at the park roaming thing! Too hard to enjoy your surroundings and think about lunch! So, I suggested we go to Les Chefs de France for a nice quiet table service meal instead. It actually turned out to be a very good idea. They liked the restaurant and the food. And it was a good idea to give them time to sit and relax! Dad ordered the classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich which came with a salad and a soda. Mom and I shared the Fixe Prix 3 course lunch which included French Onion Soup (for me) and Quiche Lorraine and salad (for Mom). Also included dessert, so we shared the Profiteroles au chocolat (chocolate covered cream puffs). Yum! Cost $42 after TIW which included tax and tip.

We then toured World Showcase stopping in Morocco to see the band Mo Rockin play and watched the very pretty belly dancer! We listened to the Japanese drummers and walked through Germany, Norway and China. In Italy we stopped to watch the juggler who was very good and put on a nice show. We went in many of the shops but did not watch any films or see American Adventure. We did stop for a funnel cake (Mom) and a waffle cone (Dad) in America. There is so much to see and do at Epcot that it can be over stimulating, so we just took our time!

We left Epcot by 6pm, and I made sure I showed Mom and Dad all the topiaries along the way. It was a beautiful warm day, even though my parents were wearing jackets. It was in the upper 70s if not low 8os!

So I think I tired them out today, since I have no idea what we did in the evening! I guess we went back to the resort to rest up and since this was their last full day, I vaguely remember my Mom packing! We went to Riverside Mill for dinner. I dont have the receipt, but I think Mom had the make your own pasta offering and Dad had the kids meal and a beer. I had the turkey and mashed potato dinner which was huge. I really got it for the cornbread and potatoes which were good! I looked through my photos and found a picture of Dad in the Royal Bed with the fireworks exploding above him with a time posted of 10:15, so I think we called it a night early!

DAY SEVEN, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25: This was our last day at Port Orleans Riverside. I was sad to see it end, but was looking forward to my husbands arrival later on in the day. We got up early and I took care of airline check in for my parents. I had the resort send my bag over to All Star Movies where I would meet Cole in the early afternoon.

I wanted their last day to be something special, so I suggested a boat ride to Downtown Disney and early lunch. I noticed that Characters in Flight was flying so I took my Dad for a ride on the tethered hot air balloon. He was actually a little nervous, but it was very smooth and he enjoyed it. It was so sunny and warm today that he didnt want to go homeseriously!

I walked them over to Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch. Dad had the turkey club and Mom had the squash soup. I believe my annual pass got them a discount of 10%, so lunch was $21 and very good! I needed to leave so I could meet Cole at All Star Movies and get checked in. So I gave them instructions on how to take the boat back to Riverside after they finished eating and where to meet me and Cole when we returned.

It took forever to get from Downtown Disney to All Stars. I knew Cole would be waiting since his flight landed a little early and Magical Express picked him up right away. I was a little nervous about Cole getting here but he did not have any problems at all. I spend so much time planning and trying to make things easy for my parents that I forget that I dont have to get involved in every little detail for the rest of my family! I met Cole and we checked in. I wanted to get back to Riverside to get my parents on the Magical Express to the airport, so we didnt have time to go to the room. We were running late, so we just jumped in a cab. As we pulled into Riverside I got a panicky call from my Dad. Told him to sit tight and wed be there in a minute. He misunderstood the instructions a little and thought I would meet them in the food court and they couldnt find us. We found them sitting outside the main entrance. I got their bags from bell services and we chatted for a little while until it was time to board. I made sure they had the instructions for navigating the airport, getting through security and finding their gate. Also reminded them how to get their luggage from baggage claim and where to wait for my sister to pick them up! (This was all written down on a handy dandy index card and put into Dads shirt pocket.) Well all went exceptionally smooth, except that my sister mistakenly tried to pick them up at United departures instead of arrivals. So after many phone calls we got that squared away and they were on their way home.

MY SECOND POST HAS MORE PICTURES!

SEE MY WHOLE ALBUM HERE (if you are so inclined):
    http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/

PART TWO
    APRIL 25-MAY 2: ALL STAR MOVIES WITH COLE AND NIKKI
    REPORT TO FOLLOW!
    [
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

2. # ADS

MORE PHOTOS

'Ohana

Sundae for Lunch at the Magic Kingdom

Playing Pirate

Making our Way to Boardwalk with a transfer at Hollywood Studios to cach the ferry

Epcot Photos

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Sounds like a fun trip! I wish that someday I can go to WDW so often that I don't try to fit so much in that I'm tired every day... I can't wait to hear about your second week. Thanks for posting.
    - Betsy

I am glad your folks had a good time and that you went at their pace. How nice you could spend that time together. My folks have also been married 61 years and there is no way I could get my folks to do that! Lucky you! Your folks are adorable!

Siggy aka Jill

What a wonderful where are you? To spend a week with your parents

Sorry please ignore the above my i phone is wrongly anticipating what it thinks I want to type! What a wonderful way to spend a week with your parents and how lovely to be so close. Looking forward to part 2!

I am so happy to have been able to go with them. Vacations sure are wonderful. I can't believe my dad has been there 3 times with me. I think they went in the 1980's when they went to visit some friends in florida. But they don't remember much!

Your parents are an exceptionally handsome couple and your Mom's hair is rockin'. I'm so glad you all had such fun together. You are an excellent daughter!

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooo!!! I love the photos!!! How nice to go with your parents! I think you look like your Dad!

Stephanie

yehaaa nikki your hair looks fine . glad you got to see my buddy bob . at your dinner at riverside are not those chops delish . hope you had joanne for your server.
    i alway budget for cabs. so much so that i have a cab driver cell in my phone. he is an american & speaks ENGLISH can not wait for your 2nd report

GREAT Trip Report Nikki!!!!

I love the picture of your parent's in France and I'm pretty sure you have now cemented my need to try Ohana! The food looked amazing.

Thank you for posting and hopefully we'll have more to read from the second part

Formerly tinkinparis

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!!! It really adds so much to the report. I LOVE that you had this time with your parents. You know I feel that way. Perfect choice on the hotel and good for you for being so flexible. I had to be the same way with Dad and Mom......

Looking forward to Part II!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!