Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Marvel characters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marvel characters

This may not be the thread to post this on, so feel free to move I see that Marvel characters are part of Disney merchandise - question, are the characters themselves even seen at Disney parks? My boys are very into the Super Heroes right now, and I'm wondering if we may come across them when we visit this Fall. Thanks for any insight.

I don't believe they've started integrating Marvel characters into the parks yet, outside of merchandise.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

It also comes down to licensing issues that Universal has right now for the characters. Interesting sidenote: even though Captain Jack Sparrow & the Pirates film came from Disney. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has the character rights, so Disney Parks would have to pay him to bring good o'l Capt. Jack back.

Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    It also comes down to licensing issues that Universal has right now for the characters. Interesting sidenote: even though Captain Jack Sparrow & the Pirates film came from Disney. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has the character rights, so Disney Parks would have to pay him to bring good o'l Capt. Jack back.
    Yep they're at Universal.....I honestly don't see them trying to bring them into the parks. I just don't think they could pull it off without a lot of upset. And Capt. Jack comes back every Halloween season.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

The action figures were in the Disney Stores though!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

From what I have read on other sites. Disney owns the rights, but can't use the characters in Florida. They can use them in other parks though. Also, isn't Jack Sparrow a character that walks around near POC?

WDW - '93, '00 (ASM), '02 (ASM), '04 (POP), '06 (CB), '07 (POP), '08 (ASM), '09 (POP), '10 (POP), '11 (POP), '12 (POP)