Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Any News on Price Increases?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any News on Price Increases?

Any speculation on the tickets and annual passes going up just about the time Cars Land opens? I'm hoping to buy 2 Deluxe Annual Pass vouchers just before the next price hike so we can activate them on our next trip in December.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.
    They were raised in June last year so May wouldn't be out of the question. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't been raised already.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dban3 View Post
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.
    I can't take credit for the idea - that came from another website discussion - BUT - I think its expected now to not see anything negative for a while (unless, of course, there is some alien invasion or massive panic there). Shoot - even the drunk guy in front of ToT on YouTube did not get much airtime if at all.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

As I stated earlier. Many on another fan site have reported December expiration dates on their vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    As I stated earlier.
    Really? In this thread?

Many on another fan site have reported December expiration dates on their vouchers.
    If true, then it's on. We might as well buy now. Can't see it getting bumped into 2013, not that it's needed (for us, that is) anyway.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    As I stated earlier. Many on another fan site have reported December expiration dates on their vouchers.
    First of December? End of December? We're planning a trip around December 15th. When we last bought vouchers in 2010, it was January 3, 2011
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries

Last year, I bought vouchers the first part of June (the night before the increase) and the expiration was Dec 31, 2011.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Really? In this thread?

If true, then it's on. We might as well buy now. Can't see it getting bumped into 2013, not that it's needed (for us, that is) anyway.
    It may have been in the AP thread in the planning forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    First of December? End of December? We're planning a trip around December 15th. When we last bought vouchers in 2010, it was January 3, 2011
    December 31. We are going Dec 15 too unless we go to WDW in Oct for DHs work. Then I'll make a quick trip to DL so I can activate my AP before WDW then upgrade it to a Premier.

Okay, I'm going to be the jerk who says what I think many others feel but who are afraid to speak out because of peer pressure. I think the DL ticket and AP prices are too low, because the parks are generally simply too crowded.

I know enough about microeconomics to know that supply and demand curves are not linear, but if (for example) all ticket and AP prices were instantly increased by 5x which instantly made hald of the people I see at the parks disappear, I'd love it. I also know that there's a lot more to Disney's profit than simply the park admission, and that they work hard to maximize the "take at the gate" along with the in-park spending at food and merchandise outlets.

But personally, I'd spend quite a bit more of my personal discretionary income to be able to enjoy a less crowded Disneyland with shorter wait times, more access to restaurants at peak times, etc.

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Okay, I'm going to be the jerk who says what I think many others feel but who are afraid to speak out because of peer pressure. I think the DL ticket and AP prices are too low, because the parks are generally simply too crowded.
    I'm not afraid to speak out because of peer pressure, but I don't think the prices are too low. They're what the market is bearing, as evidenced by the crowds at Disneyland. I do think that the monthly payment option is making it easier for more people to be able to afford APs than if they required full payment at the time of purchase. And there are often discounts available through Disney directly or through employers for single and multi-day tickets, so I don't know what the percentage is of people actually paying full price on those.

As Malcon10t said earlier, people make their decisions on what they want to spend their disposable income on.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Any News on Price Increases?

How long do you think it will be before Wdw increases?