Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any News on Price Increases?

Any News on Price Increases?

Any speculation on the tickets and annual passes going up just about the time Cars Land opens? I'm hoping to buy 2 Deluxe Annual Pass vouchers just before the next price hike so we can activate them on our next trip in December.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

2. # ADS

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.
    They were raised in June last year so May wouldn't be out of the question. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't been raised already.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

105000 page views and counting

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dban3 View Post
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.
    I can't take credit for the idea - that came from another website discussion - BUT - I think its expected now to not see anything negative for a while (unless, of course, there is some alien invasion or massive panic there). Shoot - even the drunk guy in front of ToT on YouTube did not get much airtime if at all.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I know most of us got lucky last year. I recall that some members on this forum found out that the price increase was happening "sooner than later" and I was able to update my pass before the deadline (Saved $70). Anyone have an ear to the ground as to dates/times, etc. for the next one? And yes Virginia, and Buena Street and Cars Land opening in the next couple months, THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE.

Nothing precise. Most believe it'll be before Carsland opens. We usually get word a day or two in advance, so keep your eyes on the boards regularly the next few months.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

We asked some CMs at the AP Preview tonight about the price increase rumors. (There was a ticketing table selling tickets and APs.) They all agreed that an increase was likely, but they had not heard anything about a time frame. They also said that the internet boards are your best bet for info on this, since they often don't get the news until the day of or later. For example, one CM said she found out about the summer promo tix from the morning news. She had been getting phone calls for several days regarding the promotion (which she had not heard of), and even her lead had no idea what was going on. Then the story broke on the TV news. She got the "official" memo several days later. So, just keep watching the boards...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    She got the "official" memo several days later. So, just keep watching the boards...
    nothing like a well organized employee management program...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

If the past cycle holds, expect an announcement on a Friday, and the price increase to go into effect two days later, on Sunday. You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.
    AVP
    is that sort of like a fuse?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    If the past cycle holds, expect an announcement on a Friday, and the price increase to go into effect two days later, on Sunday. You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.

AVP
    Well, the way I look at it.... the CA Mega Millions Lottery should be over 500 million by Friday. If I hit that, maybe I can affort to make a trip back to DL.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dban3 View Post
    Well, the way I look at it.... the CA Mega Millions Lottery should be over 500 million by Friday. If I hit that, maybe I can affort to make a trip back to DL.... :-)
    Yep that's my theory too. It'll solve not only my Disney fund shortage issues, but my housing issues too.
    Shannon

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mega Millions is not a California-only game. Just to be clear. (I need to go buy a ticket or two today, too)

Cathy

I wonder how much the increase will be? I still think they need a Senior Pass. They have pretty much priced my parents out even with one day hopper prices and a Senior pass would be nice. They live 30 mins away and like to go and listen to music and eat.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    I wonder how much the increase will be? I still think they need a Senior Pass. They have pretty much priced my parents out even with one day hopper prices and a Senior pass would be nice. They live 30 mins away and like to go and listen to music and eat.
    I'd like to see a child AP like WDW.
    Shannon

Blog Entries

my biggest concern is that the PAP will see the largest increase. I posted this before -a friend i have in Maintenance scheduling tells me that management's constant fear is that all of the PAPs will come and visit in one day all day. Really? I think it's the PAPs that come but don't stay long on average. And I have to think that there are more non-PAPs than PAPs - but for some reason management keeps thinking those with the most flexibility will exercise it more often than anyone else.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    ....management's constant fear is that all of the PAPs will come and visit in one day all day.
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!
    And I have to think that there are more non-PAPs than PAPs - but for some reason management keeps thinking those with the most flexibility will exercise it more often than anyone else.
    But they can 'control' what days the non-PAPs can visit.
    Cathy

But if I'm remembering correctly Feb. 29th wasn't a blackout day so they had more than PAPs there. If they hadn't made it a special all day event that never would have happened. They've been doing this long enough to know that even big days like NYE doesn't bring them all out. If Feb. 29th had been blocked out to everyone but PAPs it wouldn't have been as bad.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    But if I'm remembering correctly Feb. 29th wasn't a blackout day so they had more than PAPs there.
    There were also a lot of non-APs there, as evidenced by the long lines at the ticket booths even in the wee hours of the morning of March 1.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There were also a lot of non-APs there, as evidenced by the long lines at the ticket booths even in the wee hours of the morning of March 1.
    That's the best valued 1 day ticket!
    Shannon

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    That's the best valued 1 day ticket!
    Not so much for the people who didn't get into the park until 1am or 2am on the morning of March 1. They're the ones I don't get, paying for a full-priced ticket for 4 or 5 hours in the park.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Not so much for the people who didn't get into the park until 1am or 2am on the morning of March 1. They're the ones I don't get, paying for a full-priced ticket for 4 or 5 hours in the park.
    True.
    Shannon

Blog Entries
    yeah - the hype and the rave thing I think took hold - many out there said they HAD to be overnight at DIsneyland - though I think they were selling APs on monthly more than a one-day ticket (which was discontinued for a while). Some in the park were asking CMs about the validity of the passes, etc. You could tell they were shiny new owners - and filling out the form takes time so you know this added to the length of lines at the ticket booths.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!.
    Feb 29th was not a blackout day - so ALL passholders, not just premium, could take advantage. and, as ctephens pointed out, there were MANY who were coming and just bought a ticket for the night because they had to be there (event hype, rave, whatever). Just saying - I can't believe that out of 900K passholder the majority of them are Premium - and yet management is more fearful of them. Why is it then that during the Halloween fireworks (before the hard ticket) it was a nightmare of crowds each weekend? No blockouts.

and look - it appears like I'm saying somehow having other passes is a bad thing. No - I;m just talking numbers here.