Quantcast Any News on Price Increases?
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Any News on Price Increases?

  1. #1

    Any News on Price Increases?

    Any speculation on the tickets and annual passes going up just about the time Cars Land opens? I'm hoping to buy 2 Deluxe Annual Pass vouchers just before the next price hike so we can activate them on our next trip in December.

    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon

    There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.


  4. #3
    Registered User dban3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern California (Sacramento Area)
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    There has been alot of speculation about AP prices going up, possibly early May.
    They were raised in June last year so May wouldn't be out of the question. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't been raised already.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

    http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

    105000 page views and counting

  5. #4
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  6. #5
    Registered User dban3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern California (Sacramento Area)
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i am betting on May as well. Just after the spring break crowds (remember that easter is April 8th and some school districts have spring break AFTER easter) and during a light period in attendance is the perfect time for them to slip it in. And, with the media embargo on all things DLR until Carsland opens its the perfect time. (why don't you think more was made of the Leap day outside-the-gates issues).
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

    http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

    105000 page views and counting

  7. #6
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dban3 View Post
    olegc: I really think your are on to something.... they could announce price increases tomorrow and you just aren't going to see a lot of fist-shaking railing media rhetoric against Disney corporate machine. With big things on the horizon, its just better to be on their side.
    I can't take credit for the idea - that came from another website discussion - BUT - I think its expected now to not see anything negative for a while (unless, of course, there is some alien invasion or massive panic there). Shoot - even the drunk guy in front of ToT on YouTube did not get much airtime if at all.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  8. #7

    Any News on Price Increases?

    I know most of us got lucky last year. I recall that some members on this forum found out that the price increase was happening "sooner than later" and I was able to update my pass before the deadline (Saved $70). Anyone have an ear to the ground as to dates/times, etc. for the next one? And yes Virginia, and Buena Street and Cars Land opening in the next couple months, THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE.


  9. #8

    Nothing precise. Most believe it'll be before Carsland opens. We usually get word a day or two in advance, so keep your eyes on the boards regularly the next few months.

    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(13), J(9) and R(7), and Mr. N(5)

  10. #9

    We asked some CMs at the AP Preview tonight about the price increase rumors. (There was a ticketing table selling tickets and APs.) They all agreed that an increase was likely, but they had not heard anything about a time frame. They also said that the internet boards are your best bet for info on this, since they often don't get the news until the day of or later. For example, one CM said she found out about the summer promo tix from the morning news. She had been getting phone calls for several days regarding the promotion (which she had not heard of), and even her lead had no idea what was going on. Then the story broke on the TV news. She got the "official" memo several days later. So, just keep watching the boards...


  11. #10
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    She got the "official" memo several days later. So, just keep watching the boards...
    nothing like a well organized employee management program...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  12. #11
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePad Community Leader
    AVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Happy Homeowner
    Blog Entries
    247

    If the past cycle holds, expect an announcement on a Friday, and the price increase to go into effect two days later, on Sunday. You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.

    AVP

    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

    Owner:
    MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe
    Interested in personalized, licensed Disney invitations and social stationery? Click me!

  13. #12
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.
    AVP
    is that sort of like a fuse?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  14. #13
    Registered User dban3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern California (Sacramento Area)
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    If the past cycle holds, expect an announcement on a Friday, and the price increase to go into effect two days later, on Sunday. You'll usually have about 36 hours notice.

    AVP
    Well, the way I look at it.... the CA Mega Millions Lottery should be over 500 million by Friday. If I hit that, maybe I can affort to make a trip back to DL.... :-)
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time.

    http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

    105000 page views and counting

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dban3 View Post
    Well, the way I look at it.... the CA Mega Millions Lottery should be over 500 million by Friday. If I hit that, maybe I can affort to make a trip back to DL.... :-)
    Yep that's my theory too. It'll solve not only my Disney fund shortage issues, but my housing issues too.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(13), J(9) and R(7), and Mr. N(5)

  16. #15
    Ready for MA World Explorers!
    MousePad Subscriber
    MousePad Community Leader
    Drince88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    N.O. LA
    Blog Entries
    5

    Mega Millions is not a California-only game. Just to be clear. (I need to go buy a ticket or two today, too)

    Cathy

  17. #16
    Registered User houseofmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL

    I wonder how much the increase will be? I still think they need a Senior Pass. They have pretty much priced my parents out even with one day hopper prices and a Senior pass would be nice. They live 30 mins away and like to go and listen to music and eat.

    Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmouse View Post
    I wonder how much the increase will be? I still think they need a Senior Pass. They have pretty much priced my parents out even with one day hopper prices and a Senior pass would be nice. They live 30 mins away and like to go and listen to music and eat.
    I'd like to see a child AP like WDW.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(13), J(9) and R(7), and Mr. N(5)

  19. #18
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    my biggest concern is that the PAP will see the largest increase. I posted this before -a friend i have in Maintenance scheduling tells me that management's constant fear is that all of the PAPs will come and visit in one day all day. Really? I think it's the PAPs that come but don't stay long on average. And I have to think that there are more non-PAPs than PAPs - but for some reason management keeps thinking those with the most flexibility will exercise it more often than anyone else.

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  20. #19
    Ready for MA World Explorers!
    MousePad Subscriber
    MousePad Community Leader
    Drince88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    N.O. LA
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    ....management's constant fear is that all of the PAPs will come and visit in one day all day.
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!
    And I have to think that there are more non-PAPs than PAPs - but for some reason management keeps thinking those with the most flexibility will exercise it more often than anyone else.
    But they can 'control' what days the non-PAPs can visit.
    Cathy

  21. #20

    Any News on Price Increases?

    But if I'm remembering correctly Feb. 29th wasn't a blackout day so they had more than PAPs there. If they hadn't made it a special all day event that never would have happened. They've been doing this long enough to know that even big days like NYE doesn't bring them all out. If Feb. 29th had been blocked out to everyone but PAPs it wouldn't have been as bad.


  22. #21
    Assembled
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    But if I'm remembering correctly Feb. 29th wasn't a blackout day so they had more than PAPs there.
    There were also a lot of non-APs there, as evidenced by the long lines at the ticket booths even in the wee hours of the morning of March 1.
    I don't know how you people do it.
    Waiting for Black Widow and Hawkeye to take up residence at Innoventions.
    Listen babe. You don't know me. No, you don't know me, but you owe me. And I love you. Yes, I love you. Put your arms around me cause I love you.

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    There were also a lot of non-APs there, as evidenced by the long lines at the ticket booths even in the wee hours of the morning of March 1.
    That's the best valued 1 day ticket!
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(13), J(9) and R(7), and Mr. N(5)

  24. #23
    Assembled
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    That's the best valued 1 day ticket!
    Not so much for the people who didn't get into the park until 1am or 2am on the morning of March 1. They're the ones I don't get, paying for a full-priced ticket for 4 or 5 hours in the park.
    I don't know how you people do it.
    Waiting for Black Widow and Hawkeye to take up residence at Innoventions.
    Listen babe. You don't know me. No, you don't know me, but you owe me. And I love you. Yes, I love you. Put your arms around me cause I love you.

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Not so much for the people who didn't get into the park until 1am or 2am on the morning of March 1. They're the ones I don't get, paying for a full-priced ticket for 4 or 5 hours in the park.
    True.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(13), J(9) and R(7), and Mr. N(5)

  26. #25
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Not so much for the people who didn't get into the park until 1am or 2am on the morning of March 1. They're the ones I don't get, paying for a full-priced ticket for 4 or 5 hours in the park.
    yeah - the hype and the rave thing I think took hold - many out there said they HAD to be overnight at DIsneyland - though I think they were selling APs on monthly more than a one-day ticket (which was discontinued for a while). Some in the park were asking CMs about the validity of the passes, etc. You could tell they were shiny new owners - and filling out the form takes time so you know this added to the length of lines at the ticket booths.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Like February 29th? Just look at the difference between Florida and California, there!.
    Feb 29th was not a blackout day - so ALL passholders, not just premium, could take advantage. and, as ctephens pointed out, there were MANY who were coming and just bought a ticket for the night because they had to be there (event hype, rave, whatever). Just saying - I can't believe that out of 900K passholder the majority of them are Premium - and yet management is more fearful of them. Why is it then that during the Halloween fireworks (before the hard ticket) it was a nightmare of crowds each weekend? No blockouts.

    and look - it appears like I'm saying somehow having other passes is a bad thing. No - I;m just talking numbers here.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •