Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Knotts Berry Farm worth it??

Knotts Berry Farm worth it??

We've never been to Knotts, and since we're going to Disneyland In Sept., I was thinking about going to Knotts for a day. One problem, while researching online, I came across so many bad reviews for the park.. They all seem to state the park is "ghetto". O.k. They never state what exactly makes them feel the park is ghetto.. Is it dirty? Dangerous? What? Can anyone who's been there tell me if it's worth a day of our vacation? or should we just do one more day at Disney? What about the park is so "ghetto"? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

I would compare it to any trip to our 6 flags. I would say clientele would make for ghetto descriptions. Go on a weekday in September and most things will be walk on. They usually close at 6 pm in this time frame, we do everything we want to. It is much more coasters than Disney. My girls still love Camp Snoopy. If you compare it directly to Disney, you will come away with dirty as a description. But, nothing is up to Disney standards. The bathrooms are always clean when we go in one, I usually find an attendant in the restroom cleaning and stocking. The food is standard theme park food. Meaning it is nothing to write home about, but is edible. We take a lunch and exit the park to eat usually, they do not allow food in. We like going and will sometimes go for one day.

We really like Knott's, but it is definitely different from Disney. They have a lot more thrill rides, great wooden coaster, some pretty crazy rides. Pony Express is a really unique coaster where you actually sit on a horse, it's a lot more fun than it looks. Like candles said, it's the visitors that make the difference (lots of local unchaperoned teens), we've never had any problems with the facilities. Don't miss Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant or some of the old gold rush themed shops.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

I would be very happy if that wooden coaster went away. I love old wooden coasters, but that one should come with a chiropractor and a dentist to replace your fillings.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I would be very happy if that wooden coaster went away. I love old wooden coasters, but that one should come with a chiropractor and a dentist to replace your fillings.
    We love it! Although last time we went, maybe a year ago(?), the cars were all padded inside. It made it a very tight squeeze since they weren't designed with the padding, but it did make your tailbone rattle a bit less.
    But I don't want to go among mad people!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Ghostrider? I *loved* that ride when it came out, but a number of years ago, it became so rickety that it's now too painful for me to ride. The husband goes on it once or twice a year, and if he ever came back and told me it was ok for me to ride again, I'd happily go, but so far, he hasn't.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

That would be the one. It is weird but in all of our trips we only found it open once. It hurt. I will say my absolute favorite roller coaster is at Knott's. Silverbullet. Love it. Suspended coaster, great g force turn at the end.

Thanks everyone Just the info I was looking for. It's hard to get an idea of what a theme park is like here, all we get is a yearly state fair..

Blog Entries

I like Knott's much more that Magic Mountain. (I like John's Incredible Pizza more than Magic Mountain.) I'll post some Knott's tips on another thread. Have fun, wherever you go!