Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DVC Online Checkin Question

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

DVC Online Checkin Question

We have 8 nights booked at VWL in about 12 days. it's in two ressies, the first is 7 nights and the 2nd ressie is 1 night. I was told the two ressies are linked so we wont have to change rooms and they will see that at check in. So here's my question, if I do online check in for the first ressie do i need to go back on and check in for the 2nd one?

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a case where I would skip online check in to make sure that everything is still linked and that you wont have to move. It would be better to take a few extra minutes to do that with a CM in person.

In theory, if the two are linked, then you should only have to do one check in ... but you never know.

Just my 2 cents.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

The last time we had two, linked reservations, I recall being told that we needed to swing by the reservation desk the next day to check-out/check in but that they set it up so that our room keys did not change. Either they changed it so that we didn't even need to do that or (more likely) I sent my husband ahead to take care of it which is why I don't have much memory of that process. I would definitely ask at Check-in what you need to do.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure we had to get new room keys in November. They did work it so we didn't have to change rooms -- they tried to switch us to a room that was ready when we checked in, but none of them would we have been able to not switch rooms. So we had to wait, but it wasn't a big deal.

They even wanted me to show my AAA card when I checked in for the second reservation - but I just brought the basics with me, but since I'd shown it on the first check in, the didn't make me go back to the room to get it.

Cathy

Thank you all! I called DVC yesterday and asked about this. They said that my first ressie was linked with the 2nd and she stated the reservation said that we had a continuing reservation so we would not have to change rooms. I asked about online check in and she said that yes, I would have to check in a 2nd time for the 2nd ressie since they are two different reservation numbers. So I think to be on the safe side we will just wait and check in IRL once we arrive.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    So I think to be on the safe side we will just wait and check in IRL once we arrive.
    I think that will be your best bet. OLCI is best suited for those who have simple reservations with no important requests that need to be filled or checked.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    Thank you all! I called DVC yesterday and asked about this. They said that my first ressie was linked with the 2nd and she stated the reservation said that we had a continuing reservation so we would not have to change rooms. I asked about online check in and she said that yes, I would have to check in a 2nd time for the 2nd ressie since they are two different reservation numbers. So I think to be on the safe side we will just wait and check in IRL once we arrive.
    That's what we did. I also checked back with the front desk midweek of our first week to double check that they had us linked (we had 2 RCI reservations). DH did have to go and check out and back in the morning of and get new keys.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

I had to update this thread, I was going to send DH down to the lobby this morning for our new keys. But the new keys had been slid under our door while we slept!

Blog Entries

Sweet, love that Disney service!
    We had a key issue once and they sent some one to the room with them in minutes.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina