Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Booking through Travelocity??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Booking through Travelocity??

As I was sitting here bored today and planning for our May 2013 Visit, I noticed while on Travelocity travel site that you can also book your room as well as flight into a package deal. So I went along with it and it gave me the option for WDW resorts so I clicked on it and most the Values and some Moderate's were priced way low than if you called WDW and booked yourself. My question is: if anyone ever did this and if so, did it go well with check in or would you not do it again? I know I would need to buy tickets ourselves but didnt know if this was a real savings or something that should not be done. Thanks

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I've heard people say that you can do it that way through them, but dont try to change your reservation at all - including if you want to try to add discount codes, promo codes, or change things around.

Sometimes when you get a quote is too low, you have to question it. I would stick with Disney directly or through a Disney TA.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I have to second gusman here, unless your travel is in stone and I mean STONE, no worries on better discounts, having to change so much as a travel TIME much less date, then I wouldn't recommend using any of the travel sites. I have had several family members use them and then have something happen and for example, my niece came home on military emergency leave and we got her the best flight price thru travelocity, then while she was home something happened and she needed to get back to her home port (Navy) NOW...the airlines wouldn't even talk to us, they said the ticket agent had to make the changes...it cost us over 100 in fees PLUS the additional cost of her airfare and that was ONLY after spending HOURS on the phone with different levels of managers to get approval for any changes....it so wasn't worth it.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

That does not sound good. I have always bought plane tickets through Travelocity but when a pop up jumped up and said I could save if I bundled with the Pop I thought that's cool. But I did NOT think what would happen if I had request or had to change Resorts. So with that in mind I think I will call Disney and at least make my room ressie myself.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once you book, there's no changes. I book a car rental all the time with Hotwire, but I would be nervous to book a whole package. Perhaps there's discounts you can use on MouseSavers or if you have AAA you can find some nice discounts. There's always ways. OR maybe magically you will be sent a pin code? I love those!!! MouseSavers is a great way to go, if you are not subscribed, yet...it's free! I just received their latest on DVC Resorts and renting points.

Nice to see you back, Leslie!!!

Stephanie

Thank you Tappenfeat. But I had a Legal first name change and it is now Leah. I just cant figure out how to change it on here yet. LOL I'll keep working on that. Yup on all set up with there newsletter and updates. I'm sooo excited to be going back again. Woot...